Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Enos takes a look at Michigan LB

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 06, 2015, 10:59:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogg_Phan

Seems like Arkansas is making the Linebacker position a point of emphasis this recruiting cycle.
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

hawginbigd1

I wouldn't think a coach would look at a Junior with those measurables and not think DE or hand down OLB.

Vantage 8 dude

It'd be nice for someone like Enos to be able to pick off a couple of kids out of the midwest to deliver to the Hill. Obviously just another potential pool of recruits to choose from that could prove to be helpful.

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on May 06, 2015, 12:25:05 pm
I wouldn't think a coach would look at a Junior with those measurables and not think DE or hand down OLB.
Saban has been playing freakishly athletic defensive ends as linebackers for years.

WildRazorback

Seems like one of those guys who would be blown away by a visit to Fayetteville. He is lacking big-time offers so if we shot him one, and he had a chance to visit us, I think we would have a pretty good shot with a commitment.

PorkSoda

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on May 06, 2015, 12:25:05 pm
no doubt.  size wise reminds me of Adrian Davis who came in as a LB and was a DE by his Sophomore year I think.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on May 06, 2015, 01:06:37 pm
Saban has been playing freakishly athletic defensive ends as linebackers for years.
I wonder with all the spread offenses that teams are playing the bigger LBs who look like DEs in favor of the faster 220 LBers who look a lot more like big Safeties. Safety types

presidenthog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 06, 2015, 03:38:06 pm
I wonder with all the spread offenses that teams are playing the bigger LBs who look like DEs in favor of the faster 220 LBers who look a lot more like big Safeties. Safety types
Its kind of the opposite. You get smaller quicker lbs to be able to cover and work out in space against these spread teams. You would want larger guys to be able to fill up holes against a run game like ours.

jackflash

I read somewhere Arkansas was looking to sign four this year. More names have been mentioned at LB this year than I can remember in a long time. More size at LB.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on May 06, 2015, 12:48:24 pm
It'd be nice for someone like Enos to be able to pick off a couple of kids out of the midwest to deliver to the Hill. Obviously just another potential pool of recruits to choose from that could prove to be helpful.

exactly what I was thinking

Like that we are getting on these types of players early in the process too.  seems like he may be one of those late bloomers

acey33

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 06, 2015, 03:10:22 pm
no doubt.  size wise reminds me of Adrian Davis who came in as a LB and was a DE by his Sophomore year I think.

IMO he would be projected as DE with his height and 40 time.