Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 04, 2015, 05:21:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flagstaffhog

Ahh, my bits in the morning with a Mt. Dew. Doesn't  get any better....
Go HOGS Go!

Steef

Quote from: flagstaffhog on May 04, 2015, 06:49:56 am

Coffee, hot doughnuts and a thread (by Richard) announcing a new commitment (preferably linebackers)....is better.

;D

But bits is still pretty good.

Huds_HawgTide

Thanks richard...id be interested in hearing feedback from defensive prospects and their thoughts on so many hogs getting drafted and signing free agent deals on what turned out to be a great defense last yr
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Hey Super

Whiskey and the stale taste of an early morning cigar. Washed down with spam and grits.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

sickboy

Stop drinking that stuff. It's cancer in a can. At least with Scotch or Bourbon you get a ride on your way to cirrhosis town. Cheers!

WorfHog

Quote from: sickboy on May 04, 2015, 11:51:45 am
Stop drinking that stuff. It's cancer in a can. At least with Scotch or Bourbon you get a ride on your way to cirrhosis town. Cheers!

Maybe diabeetus in a can, but what ingredients are proven carcinogens?

Hawgzinbowlz

When Florida State defensive end commitment Keir Thomas, of Miami Central, said he plans to visit Arkansas this summer, it's clear our recruiting is at a new level...a Florida State commit who has been offered by Alabama.

" WOO PIG "

sickboy

Quote from: WorfHog on May 04, 2015, 03:10:38 pm
Maybe diabeetus in a can, but what ingredients are proven carcinogens?

I don't trust anything I can't pronounce -- but that's just me. I don't know about the soda causing the cancer -- but the residual effects are what I'm worried about.

Soda's just as addicting as anything else. That sugar gets you hooked. And the problem with sugar is -- we don't need a ton of it. WE need some -- sure. But not as much as we consume. Obviously, your body turns excess sugars into fat -- leading to being overweight. When you're overweight -- your body is exponentially more susceptible to cancer.

Mountain Dew packs 77 grams of sugar in a can -- that's more than your daily needed intake of sugar... in one drink. If you drink one or two of those a day... you're going to be overweight and raising your risk of cancer. That worries me.

On a personal level -- I also don't like high fructose corn syrup. If I drink a soda... I try to find cane sugar soda. Though -- in small doses the effects of cane sugar and cone syrup are almost negligible...

And don't even get me started on diet sodas... those, I think, are even worse. 

Anyway, my original comment was mostly tongue and cheek. I don't think drinking whiskey or scotch is any better for you... yet I do enjoy the finer flavors of both. We all have our vices.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on May 04, 2015, 03:44:19 pm
When Florida State defensive end commitment Keir Thomas, of Miami Central, said he plans to visit Arkansas this summer, it's clear our recruiting is at a new level...a Florida State commit who has been offered by Alabama.

" WOO PIG "
I have to say that when an obvious stud defensive player, who's already committed to a very highly regarded program, indicates he's going to give us a look see you know that things have definitely done some changing for the better.

Dirty

All this talk about food is making me hungry as a two pecker billy goat.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Dirty on May 04, 2015, 06:50:04 pm
All this talk about food is making me hungry as a two pecker billy goat.

i'm gonna have to steal this quote and use it in the future.  +1 for the good laugh