Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dykes excited about basketball haul (Article)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, April 30, 2015, 12:15:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Piney Woods Rooter

Foshodo

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

LAHogfan123

A lot of people doubted the hiring of Jimmy, but he's always been a workaholic at everything he does and he sure has an intimate knowledge of basketball.  His persona just rubs off on you if you spend a little time talking with him, you can see why his players go all out to give their all to play for him.  I think for once in the last almost 10 years, I can see attention being given to the womens basketball program, Long deserves credit for at least giving Dykes who was unproven the reins and letting him run with it.

FBREW000

I agree with LAHogfan123  Jimmy is an unbelievable charismatic man.  I spent some time with he and other reps from the University in the past week.  He loves what he is doing and it shows.  Success is evident with him, and around him.  Enjoyed the couple of hours we were around!

nwahogfan1

May 01, 2015, 08:57:46 am #6 Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 10:05:48 pm by nwahogfan1
Quote from: Hogless on April 30, 2015, 03:05:43 pm
Dykes is getting it done!!
recruiting is the first step and that I give him a A+.  Now developing and scouting is the next to achieve top 4 SEC finish.  I hope he hires another really experienced assistant girls coach to help him succeed in doing just that.

mhuff

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 01, 2015, 08:57:46 am
recruiting is the first step and that I give him a A+.  Now developing and scouting is the next to achieve top 4 SEC finish.  I hope he hires another really experienced girls coach in doing just that.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: mhuff on May 01, 2015, 12:26:18 pm

I reworded what I originally wrote above to make my meaning clearer.  I am not saying we do not have good coaches already but I think hiring another really experienced girls coach can only help CJD to succeed.

dsgreen

Good article but that first sentence is just awful.

GuvHog

Quote from: LAHogfan123 on April 30, 2015, 08:49:44 pm
A lot of people doubted the hiring of Jimmy, but he's always been a workaholic at everything he does and he sure has an intimate knowledge of basketball.  His persona just rubs off on you if you spend a little time talking with him, you can see why his players go all out to give their all to play for him.  I think for once in the last almost 10 years, I can see attention being given to the womens basketball program, Long deserves credit for at least giving Dykes who was unproven the reins and letting him run with it.

Saying some people doubted Jimmy is putting it mildly. I suggested him as a replacement for Pel and was laughed at and called every name in the book. If he continues to be successful, some on here will have to eat some crow.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!