Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RD- Who was CBB talking about here?

Started by JackJohnson, April 28, 2015, 11:56:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JackJohnson

I follow pretty darn closely and can't recall us in the 2014 class having signed an FAA agreement with a kid from Miami that we thought was going to enroll at midterm.  According to Bielema, not only did we but we would have gotten in trouble over it had the penalties not been waived.

My best guess was Demetrious Jackson since quite a few thought he would end up here.  However he was a long time commit to Miami, was never mentioned as a mid term guy, and was so tied to his commit there that he was a "secret visitor" when he finally did make it up here.  I can't imagine us signing a kid like that to an FAA, however CBB does keep stuff close to the vest so it is possible he had signed one and it never got out to possibly avoid the backlash of leaving home?

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2015/04/28/new-how-will-lsu-recruiting-penalty-impact-other-colleges/?ecmp=ajc_social_twitter_2014_recruiting_sfp

The Recruiting Guy

I was told but it was off the record. Wish I could say but can't. FWIW, it wasn't Jackson.

RAMhawg

Great read Jack, thanks for the info.  The coach that made me laugh was Al Golden at Miami talking about his school and how they did a really good job in the compliance department. Ha!  Are you kidding us coach??

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: RAMhawg on April 28, 2015, 01:33:05 pm
Great read Jack, thanks for the info.  The coach that made me laugh was Al Golden at Miami talking about his school and how they did a really good job in the compliance department. Ha!  Are you kidding us coach??
But what you're not considering are the compliance standards you're referring to are Miami's. As we've learned that's a whole different level of sleeze.

JackJohnson

Quote from: Richard Davenport on April 28, 2015, 12:38:33 pm
I was told but it was off the record. Wish I could say but can't. FWIW, it wasn't Jackson.

Interesting- TY!

The only other two I thought it might be was Sharieff Rhaheed from Ft. Pierce or Ravian Pierce from Plantation.  I guess it just depends on what CBB considers "Miami".  I could definitely see it being one of those if he pretty much considers all of S. Fl to be Miami

lumphog

You're a helluva guy Richard.....hope to meet you one day #Uncommon

COCHISE

Quote from: JackJohnson on April 28, 2015, 02:39:01 pm
Interesting- TY!

The only other two I thought it might be was Sharieff Rhaheed from Ft. Pierce or Ravian Pierce from Plantation.  I guess it just depends on what CBB considers "Miami".  I could definitely see it being one of those if he pretty much considers all of S. Fl to be Miami
Pierce was actually committed to us until a week or so before NSD. He ended up having to go to JUCO so it's hard to imagine that we thought he might be a mid-term guy.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: lumphog on April 28, 2015, 02:52:30 pm
You're a helluva guy Richard.....hope to meet you one day #Uncommon
He's shorter in person.   ;D

lumphog

ricepig

Huds_HawgTide

Seems like there was a cornerback as well that showed interest
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

texas tush hog

Laughing Hog

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on April 28, 2015, 06:01:26 pm
He's shorter in person.   ;D

It's all the online dating rage now......... guys lie about their height and women lie about their weight
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: texas tush hog on April 29, 2015, 09:41:12 am
And he can't jump.

I wonder how long before someone says the obvious...........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 30, 2015, 07:08:15 pm
I wonder how long before someone says the obvious...........................

The obvious is, can he play LB?

Beavthompson

I'm thinking it was Pierce. I'm curious if it was dropped because he didn't qualify.
Say no to drunk posts! Unless its a great idea!

ricepig

Quote from: Beavthompson on April 30, 2015, 08:24:03 pm
I'm thinking it was Pierce. I'm curious if it was dropped because he didn't qualify.

So, you go from enrolling early to not qualifying, doubtful.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Glad you can stick to that agreement.. +1
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.