Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas, Louisiana, and Florida

Started by JIHawg, April 26, 2015, 10:57:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

Sure seems like we have more recruits from Louisiana and Texas, less from Florida this year.  Wonder if that just happened, or is it a deliberate strategy of changing emphasis?

OnTheHillHogFan

It's a lot harder to get the kids from Florida to visit in the spring because of the distance.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on April 26, 2015, 11:05:06 pm
It's a lot harder to get the kids from Florida to visit in the spring because of the distance.

I guess that distance changes in the summer, fall and winter then.......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

lefty08

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 27, 2015, 07:13:59 am
I guess that distance changes in the summer, fall and winter then.......................

In relations to unofficial, yes. They make it for official visits
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Peter Porker

Quote from: lefty08 on April 27, 2015, 07:16:57 am

Yea, that was a time when someone should have put more thought into their post before pressing the post button.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

lefty08

Quote from: Peter Porker on April 27, 2015, 07:25:15 am
Yea, that was a time when someone should have put more thought into their post before pressing the post button.

Eh, there is a lot of that on here. Main reason I rarely post anymore.
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: lefty08 on April 27, 2015, 07:16:57 am

It was a JOKE. You know sarcasm. Lighten up lefty.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

April 27, 2015, 07:35:04 am #7 Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 03:56:01 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Peter Porker on April 27, 2015, 07:25:15 am

You mean with concerns to recruiting, thoughts have to be put into posts? There is practically nothing on the face of the earth more unscientific, illogical and irrational than recruiting.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: JIHawg on April 26, 2015, 10:57:53 pm
Sure seems like we have more recruits from Louisiana and Texas, less from Florida this year.  Wonder if that just happened, or is it a deliberate strategy of changing emphasis?
We have never had very many recruits from Florida to come here for unofficial visits because of the cost of travel.  Most of our prospects from Florida come in the fall on official visits so we pick up the check.

hoglady

The loss of Shannon is bound to have a somewhat negative impact on Florida recruiting.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: JIHawg on April 26, 2015, 10:57:53 pm

Fish where the fish are biting. 

navyhog24

April 27, 2015, 10:10:59 pm #11 Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 10:46:46 pm by navyhog24
It's what happens when you get 2 guys that have TX ties even though Hargreaves had more FL connections. His recent TX connections are helping out. Singleton's connections will work. Jennings is really coming alive now that he's had more time on the staff. The 2 new guys will eventually have the same kind of impact as well. With LSU having their recent struggles on the field and it being a deeper than usual class there, the LA kids are more open to leaving the state. LSU will still get the prime pickings, but there is still plenty of talent to be had for the rest. Mike Smith is really working his butt off down there.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 27, 2015, 10:39:39 am
We have never had very many recruits from Florida to come here for unofficial visits because of the cost of travel.  Most of our prospects from Florida come in the fall on official visits so we pick up the check.
I believe this is spot on. Also, Louisiana is loaded with talent and we need to be able to lure more athletes from that state to Arkansas.

lumphog

Quote from: lefty08 on April 27, 2015, 07:29:39 am
Eh, there is a lot of that on here. Main reason I rarely post anymore.
+1

Huds_HawgTide

Not trying to be captain obvious but i think florida is a lot farther then texas and florida and gas money alone would be double to just check us out on your own dime...

Lmfao...this is why these threads suck...before my post i have read bout 10-12 other posts saying same damn thing. ..comical
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

ricepig

3 of the first 6 picks were Florida high school kids.