Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Analyzing commits

Started by ArkanSWAG, April 23, 2015, 10:05:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ArkanSWAG

April 23, 2015, 10:05:16 am Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 10:38:37 am by ArkanSWAG
Like everyone on the board, I spend a little too much time following high school kids as they try to decide what school is right for them. And I love it. The whole process. One thing I could use more of is a little bit deeper analysis of the players who commit. I always want to see an understanding of their strengths, weaknesses, translatability to the SEC, and high school track record.

So I'm going to do that. I'm a graduating senior that does not have much to do from now until graduation, and a buddy of mine who can't get enough football are going to break down some film of our commits, write up as in-depth analysis as we can, and I'll post links to it here. I know lots of professionals get paid to do this, and are likely better at it, but I want to get my opinion out here, to maybe give us something else to sink our teeth into.

Is this something anyone else wants to see?

hawginbigd1

nwahogfan1

Quote from: ArkanSWAG on April 23, 2015, 10:05:16 am
Like everyone on the board, I spend a little too much time following high school kids as they try to decide what school is right for them. And I love it. The whole process. One thing I could use more of is a little bit deeper analysis of the players who commit. I always want to see an understanding of their strengths, weaknesses, translatability to the SEC, and high school track record.

So I'm going to do that. I'm a graduating senior that does not have much to do from now until graduation, and a buddy of mine who can't get enough football are going to break down some film of our commits, write up as in-depth analysis as we can, and I'll post links to it here. I know lots of professionals get paid to do this, and are likely better at it, but I want to get my opinion out here, to maybe give us something else to sink our teeth into.

Is this something anyone else wants to see?
Good deal. Look forward to reading what you have.  Lots of Hog fans who can't get enough recruiting articles. 
It will give you some great working experience for your resume when you go out into the work force. 

gmarv

sure would its gonna be a long summer.

GalaHawg

If you have time, it would be awesome if you break it down for all Arkansas offers... than rank order the offered recruits for each position... and add % likelihood to commit.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: GalaHawg on April 23, 2015, 11:37:34 am
If you have time, it would be awesome if you break it down for all Arkansas offers... than rank order the offered recruits for each position... and add % likelihood to commit.

That would be stellar.. Especially if you are going to have access to the recruits. I know most of us will be watching for your reports. Know this though,  people here can be downright indignant at small things such as punctuation and fairy tale hyperbole. Shoot it straight and your detractors' responses will be rendered moot...  +1 for being brave enough to take this on...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

immahog

Go for it .....wish I had the time thats something I would love to help out with
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

lumphog

ArkanSWAG

Quote from: GalaHawg on April 23, 2015, 11:37:34 am

I'm not sure about that kind of time. There are definitely some uncommitted guys that I've spent enough time watching that I will do {Insert Devin White here}. I don't have any real contact with the recruits. I wish I did - that would be incredible.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

redeye

rzrbackramsfan

Typical graduating senior, talking about what he's going to do.  ;D

Huckleberry Pig

carolinahogger

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on April 23, 2015, 11:55:34 am
That would be stellar.. Especially if you are going to have access to the recruits. I know most of us will be watching for your reports. Know this though, people here can be downright indignant at small things such as punctuation and fairy tale hyperbole. Shoot it straight and your detractors' responses will be rendered moot...  +1 for being brave enough to take this on...

Their just a bunch of loosers.

ArkanSWAG

First recruit analysis is up: Briston Guidry. Link can be found here:

https://austinoslica.wordpress.com/2015/05/06/briston-guidry/