Chicken

Started by "Boar", August 19, 2013, 05:56:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

"Boar"

Pig Souieeee!  Won't be much longer.

"Boar"

"Boar"

"Boar"

August 19, 2013, 06:57:06 pm #3 Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:18:48 pm by "Boar"

DeltaBoy

We cook so much yard bird that at times I want to scratch the ground and crow.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

"Boar"

Turkey and Butts day....

"Boar"

Boarcephus

Two things I wish for from a food standpoint...1) I wish I woke every morning craving chicken and 2) wish I woke up every morning and said, "if I can't have chicken I wish I had some salmon or any other fish" but I don't.  I wake up and say I want a huge hunk of red meat some time today and I don't care how it's fixed or I want to fry the chicken or the fish or I'll just order a pizza. 

Boar, your food looks great!  Made fajita's this weekend and tried something new, used flank steak and I'll never do fajita's any other way. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

"Boar"

"Boar"

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 28, 2013, 07:31:48 pm
Two things I wish for from a food standpoint...1) I wish I woke every morning craving chicken and 2) wish I woke up every morning and said, "if I can't have chicken I wish I had some salmon or any other fish" but I don't.  I wake up and say I want a huge hunk of red meat some time today and I don't care how it's fixed or I want to fry the chicken or the fish or I'll just order a pizza. 

Boar, your food looks great!  Made fajita's this weekend and tried something new, used flank steak and I'll never do fajita's any other way.

How'd you cook the flank steak?

Boarcephus

Quote from: "Boar" on August 28, 2013, 09:29:03 pm
How'd you cook the flank steak?

I marinated it for a couple hours in a mixture of Fabulosa Fajita Marinate, Soy Sauce, Liquid Smoke and a little minced garlic and then threw it on the egg.  Cooked it to a nice medium rare then sliced of pieces the size I wanted.  Marinated some pablano peppers and red onions in the same stuff and sauteed them on the stove and made fajitas out of them.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 29, 2013, 06:21:57 am
I marinated it for a couple hours in a mixture of Fabulosa Fajita Marinate, Soy Sauce, Liquid Smoke and a little minced garlic and then threw it on the egg.  Cooked it to a nice medium rare then sliced of pieces the size I wanted.  Marinated some pablano peppers and red onions in the same stuff and sauteed them on the stove and made fajitas out of them.
We do the about the same thing.  Flank Steak is great if you treat it right.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Boarcephus

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 29, 2013, 08:20:22 am
We do the about the same thing.  Flank Steak is great if you treat it right.

Of all the years I've cooked, this is the first time I've used that cut of meat.  We just loved it.  It seemed to really soak up the marinate.  It's perfect for fajitas but I suppose it'd be great just smothered in Cavandar's and grilled.  It's not that expensive of a cut, little more than sirloin.

HighOntheHog

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 29, 2013, 08:40:35 am
Of all the years I've cooked, this is the first time I've used that cut of meat.  We just loved it.  It seemed to really soak up the marinate.  It's perfect for fajitas but I suppose it'd be great just smothered in Cavandar's and grilled.  It's not that expensive of a cut, little more than sirloin.

Skirt steak is similar, and makes really good fajitas too. 

Boarcephus

Quote from: HighOntheHog on August 29, 2013, 08:42:39 am
Skirt steak is similar, and makes really good fajitas too. 

I actually went to Sam's to buy skirt steak but they don't carry it.  Met a guy who works in the meat department there several years ago and he said they can't sell it there.  Just not that much of a demand so he steered me towards the the Flank Steak.

ricepig

Ain't nothing but a bird.

jacobp

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 29, 2013, 09:38:56 am
I actually went to Sam's to buy skirt steak but they don't carry it.  Met a guy who works in the meat department there several years ago and he said they can't sell it there.  Just not that much of a demand so he steered me towards the the Flank Steak.
It IS tough to find. I get it on occasion at Fresh Market, but more often than not I go over to the stip of Hispanic markets near downtown Rogers and pick it up there along with their fresh made tortillas.

HighOntheHog

Quote from: jacobp on August 29, 2013, 10:56:58 am
It IS tough to find. I get it on occasion at Fresh Market, but more often than not I go over to the stip of Hispanic markets near downtown Rogers and pick it up there along with their fresh made tortillas.

This.  Or a butcher.

DeltaBoy

We done that and make steak Tacos!

jacobp

Quote from: HighOntheHog on August 29, 2013, 12:08:02 pm
This.  Or a butcher.
I'd say Richard's in Fayetteville or the Bentonville Butcher should normally have skirt...can't think of any other butcher shops in the area.

Junkyard Hog

We always marinade our flank steak in lime juice.  Gives it a really good flavor and helps with the tenderness.

"Boar"

20 oz ribeye night...

LSUFan

Why did I open this thread?

I hate you.

Where you stay? :)
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

Boarcephus

Quote from: "Boar" on September 01, 2013, 06:22:53 pm
20 oz ribeye night...

That's lunch tomorrow.  Slipped up to Fresh Market today and bought two of the mothers.  Got a couple big king crab legs to go with it and we'll be good to go.

Speaking of skirt steak, found it at FM today and $13 a pound for that cut of meat is a rip off.  I'll stick with the flank steak I can pick up at Sam's for about half the price.

"Boar"

"Boar"

Corn on the for 10 mins while the steak is resting.

"Boar"

4 mins each side @ 500 = perfect med rare.

"Boar"

Quote from: LSUFan on September 01, 2013, 06:26:05 pm
Why did I open this thread?

I hate you.

Where you stay? :)

You know you're welcome...come on up.

"Boar"

Got tomorrows cook de-knuckled, prepped and ready for a night of marinating in chicken broth.

"Boar"

Quote from: Boarcephus on September 01, 2013, 06:36:02 pm
That's lunch tomorrow.  Slipped up to Fresh Market today and bought two of the mothers.  Got a couple big king crab legs to go with it and we'll be good to go.

Speaking of skirt steak, found it at FM today and $13 a pound for that cut of meat is a rip off.  I'll stick with the flank steak I can pick up at Sam's for about half the price.

BC, those Cherokee Purple's are the hit of the garden.  Thanks for the tip.

DeltaBoy

It is all looking good boys.

LSUFan

LSUFan

But I have the perfect steak recipe :)

People that eat my steaks say they are the BEST they have ever had.

I've NEVER had one as good as mine, and I've eaten in a LOT of steak houses.

I'll share it, if you axe nicely :)

dhornjr1

"Boar"

September 02, 2013, 05:52:39 pm #34 Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 08:26:10 pm by "Boar"
To the oven for 1 hr @ 325, then to the smoker for an hour at 275.

dhornjr1

No offense to your chicken, but the picture of the pulled pork and the steak made me just about nut on myself.

"Boar"

September 02, 2013, 07:57:16 pm #36 Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 08:17:15 pm by "Boar"

"Boar"

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

"Boar"

Quote from: BR on September 02, 2013, 08:28:42 pm
Looks great

Thanks BR...still tweakin' it.  It'll take me a few more cooks to get it just right for my smoker.  It seems 195 is the internal temp that produces what I like to bite into for legs. 

"Boar"

"Boar"

"Boar"

Skillet roasted potatoes...

"Boar"

Beer bread with homemade self rising flour and Sam Adams beer...

"Boar"

LSUFan

"Boar"

Quote from: LSUFan on September 08, 2013, 12:34:12 am
Bastard.

;)

Used the leftover potatoes for hash browns to go with the Wilson's thick bacon and over easy eggs for a fine Sunday eve supper.  You shoulda been here.

LSUFan

Quote from: "Boar" on September 08, 2013, 09:08:58 pm
Used the leftover potatoes for hash browns to go with the Wilson's thick bacon and over easy eggs for a fine Sunday eve supper.  You shoulda been here.
I KEEL YOU!

Try Cavenders Greek Seasoning in your fried taters next time, mm mm good!

jacobp

Quote from: Junkyard Hog on August 29, 2013, 04:09:03 pm
We always marinade our flank steak in lime juice.  Gives it a really good flavor and helps with the tenderness.
have to be careful with that though. too long, and the acid in the lime juice basically cooks your steak for you. Can actually make it tougher once you grill it.

"Boar"

Quote from: LSUFan on September 08, 2013, 09:18:48 pm
I KEEL YOU!

Try Cavenders Greek Seasoning in your fried taters next time, mm mm good!

I'll give her a try.

My favorite use for Cavenders is salad dressing.  50% olive oil, 50% vinegar, and Cavenders to taste.  That's by far my favorite salad dressing mix...simple to make and tastes great.