Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brisket Rub

Started by 3putt, November 12, 2012, 09:38:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3putt

I have always used Strawberry's rub on briskets but I'm ready for something new. I would appreciate you guys pointing me in the right direction for a few briskets I am smoking next week.

nwahogs

I'm partial to Head Country. Usually inject and soak in apple juice or dr pepper beforehand.

Tim Harris

Personally I always go with something spicy for brisket. I save the sweeter rubs for ribs or pork butts.

DeltaBoy

Atkins BBQ Brisket rub from HEB.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Slacker

Harps has a line of spices with a hokie looking Label. That Brisket Rub they have is darned good.

Bolner's Fiesta Brand

"Extra Fancy Brisket Rub".

Old Tusk

Black pepper, garlic, and seasoned salt is a good. You can add cayanne, onion, and celery seed to make it more complex.
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

3putt

Thanks for the input. I'll let you know how it turns out.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Slacker on November 14, 2012, 05:07:15 pm
Harps has a line of spices with a hokie looking Label. That Brisket Rub they have is darned good.

Bolner's Fiesta Brand

It at my HEB and it works on Ham too!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Lanny

Montreal steak seasoning
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Dropkick

Had some pork tenderloin yesterday that had Willingham's rub (memphis based I think). It was very good. They also make one called Hot Shot or something like that. It is very spicy.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Slacker on November 14, 2012, 05:07:15 pm

Bolner's Fiesta Brand

Other than Cavenders, McKormics and Tony's the rest of my spice rack is Fiesta brand products.