Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mudbugs and Chargrilled Oysters

Started by Arkiehawg (kingfish0318), April 23, 2012, 09:45:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

Mudbugs, Chargrilled Oysters, Cold Beer, Zydeco Music and Great Family Fun.   
"I hope we get nuked somewhere big, and soon.  LA would be a good place, as is S.F."-  Silver (Swiss) Hog 4/6/10

jacobp

We did the exact same thing over at Cormier's in Monroe for the wife's birthday yesterday. Albeit, her oysters were raw.  Been a damn good season for crawish down here; suckers looked like mini lobsters yesterday.

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

We had plenty of nekid oysters as well.  mmmmm

Have you ever tried an oyster roast?

"I hope we get nuked somewhere big, and soon.  LA would be a good place, as is S.F."-  Silver (Swiss) Hog 4/6/10

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Old Tusk

The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

Boarcephus

How much do you pay for those oysters and where do you buy them?  I know it's just going to piss my off but I need to know!  ;)

Will be down probably late September and I promise I will set aside an time to sit down with you at Stinky's.  Seems like when we go down we just try to cram as much as we can into what little time we have. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

Quote from: Boarcephus on April 24, 2012, 07:25:21 pm
How much do you pay for those oysters and where do you buy them?  I know it's just going to piss my off but I need to know!  ;)

Will be down probably late September and I promise I will set aside an time to sit down with you at Stinky's.  Seems like when we go down we just try to cram as much as we can into what little time we have.

It's a date...  We get them from Shrimpers on Hwy 98.  About 3doz a box for about $7.00.   

BTW, I plan on coming up to see us beat Bama,  hope to get to see you, Shagg and some others then.

Boarcephus

Quote from: kingfish0318 on April 24, 2012, 07:44:03 pm
It's a date...  We get them from Shrimpers on Hwy 98.  About 3doz a box for about $7.00.   

BTW, I plan on coming up to see us beat Bama,  hope to get to see you, Shagg and some others then.

Shrimpers in not that little place next to Winn Dixie across from the outlet mall is it?
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

Quote from: Boarcephus on April 24, 2012, 08:08:07 pm
Shrimpers in not that little place next to Winn Dixie across from the outlet mall is it?

No it is a mile or so East of the 30-A turnoff.  Pretty close to Bayou Bills

Boarcephus

Quote from: kingfish0318 on April 24, 2012, 08:13:42 pm
No it is a mile or so East of the 30-A turnoff.  Pretty close to Bayou Bills

Gotcha.  Little place on the north side of the road. We've been in there before.  Didn't know they sold oysters.