Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UDS

Started by agr347, October 25, 2011, 09:50:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

agr347

I am going to build an Ugly Drum Smoker and have found a barrel from a local machine shop that has no liner in it, but has contained a "water-based coolant"  What are y'alls thoughts on using this?  I would think I could clean it out and then burn it good and get rid of any residue, but just seeking an opinion from others.  I can't seem to find an open headed barrel that is a food grade anywhere or I would go that route.

BTW, Thanks Shag for the UDS plans.  There is WAY too much info there!
"Just remember, its not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza

DeltaBoy

All the threads I have read suggest using Food grade Only.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Shag66

Yup.  That big mother UDS thread will answer any question you have if you have the patience to find it.

I like the other one because it has taken most of the best from the big thread and put it all together.

I would TRY and find a food grade but remember you are gonna have to burn and scrub the liner out of it.

agr347

I actually found one yesterday with no liner that is food grade and has only had cottonseed oil in it.  Score!  Gonna give this thing a try and see what happens.
"Just remember, its not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza

DeltaBoy

It should work great.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.