Hawginj

Gus, Bert, Les, Hootie, Butch Davis, Tim Horton, and Skip

ipigsooie

Jim Grobe
Timmy Bowden
Tim Horton
Skip Holtz

Marshfieldhog

November 06, 2017, 05:56:26 pm #3 Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 07:16:39 pm by Marshfieldhog
Anyone on our staff
Tim Horton
Skip Holtz
Houston Nutt
Les Miles
Any assistant coach from anywhere

The Hawg Marshal

hog.goblin

This will take about ten posts to effectively eliminate all candidates

Deep Shoat

Mike Novell

Chad Morris

Anyone who doesn't play defense

All Gas, No Brakes!

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hoggie17

November 06, 2017, 07:47:54 pm #8 Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 10:23:52 pm by Hoggie17
1. Les Miles
2. Charlie Strong
3. Charlie Weis

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

MountieDawg

SEC!

Tigaman

Anyone who is fired after the season.

ipigsooie

Boardon Hamsay

Delta
FCJ
Guv

No offense,

Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head out...
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

ChicoHog

Mike Leach
Kliff Kingsbury
Sonny Dykes
Any other "air raid" coach

Any coach who throws more horizontal than vertical passes.  Drives me nuts.

Cylinder

1. Charlie Strong
2. CEO coach unless AD is replaced with football bona fides.

East Clintwood

Pretty much anyone that Jeffy would want to hire.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

apcapri

Drop the Mike

HardingHog

Moral of the story: No matter who we hire there will be those who don't like it

Kneph13

Saw this on Coaches Hotseat.

Call the Hogs alright...Call the Damn Hogs to Haul Bret Bielema's ass out of Arkansas and back north of the Mason-Dixon line...and take AD Jeff Long with him...because a few more weeks of this Horseshit and the Arkansas Football program is going to cease to exist!
There is no Political Correctness in war

RedRock

The_Iceman

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 06, 2017, 06:57:36 pm
Mike Novell

Chad Morris

Glad you aren't choosing the next coach.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 07, 2017, 06:27:51 am
Glad you aren't choosing the next coach.
You are one of the "we just want to be entertained" crowd who prefers a 65-64 loss over a 14-10 win, aren't you?
All Gas, No Brakes!

The_Iceman

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 07, 2017, 07:59:00 am
You are one of the "we just want to be entertained" crowd who prefers a 65-64 loss over a 14-10 win, aren't you?

No, I am intelligent enough to know that Arkansas has a better chance to win games more consistently 45-42 than winning games 14-10.

ipigsooie

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 07, 2017, 08:23:20 am
No, I am intelligent enough to know that Arkansas has a better chance to win games more consistently 45-42 than winning games 14-10.

Why you gotta go and be so realistic? Quit making so much sense. Power i, control the clock football is the only way to win in the sec.

There is a reason CBB has always cried foul about the hurry up offense. He tried to make it about player safety but its more about a prepared offense has a big advantage over any defense. When they spee you up,  you make mistakes. The spread exploits a weakness in the defense and if run correctly it is basically unstoppable.

FutureMan

This could be an endless list of names but I will stick to the ones that I have seen mentioned on the site and seem (somewhat) realistic:

Coaches I DON'T want:

1) Skip Holtz - too bland and mediocre - no excitement to that hire
2) Rhett Lashlee - I can't believe someone threw this name out there - lay off the crack pipe
3) Lane Kiffin - scumbag
4) Les Miles - terrible in-game decisions - dinosaur of the game
5) Butch Davis - Past his prime
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

Deep Shoat

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 07, 2017, 08:40:42 am
Why you gotta go and be so realistic? Quit making so much sense. Power i, control the clock football is the only way to win in the sec.

There is a reason CBB has always cried foul about the hurry up offense. He tried to make it about player safety but its more about a prepared offense has a big advantage over any defense. When they spee you up,  you make mistakes. The spread exploits a weakness in the defense and if run correctly it is basically unstoppable.
The only reason it is "basically unstoppable" is because the rules on linemen downfield are not followed.  Force them to play by the rules, and that jr high crap would be stopped easily.

All Gas, No Brakes!

hogsanity

Any coach that Delta or Iron think are good ole southern boys. The dam& civil war ended 150 years ago and the csa lost, get over it.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

azhog10

ipigsooie

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 07, 2017, 09:43:02 am
The only reason it is "basically unstoppable" is because the rules on linemen downfield are not followed.  Force them to play by the rules, and that jr high crap would be stopped easily.

Huh? There is a reason that basically every team that has won a nc for the past 12 years or so runs the spread or some form of it?. Linemen downfield wouldnt be the only reason its hard to stop.

rhog1

1.Gus Malzahn Completely average coach. Terrible qb coach who also has his own built in cheerleaders here.
2. Les Miles. I really don't think Les is as good as his record. Terrible in game coach, Bad clock skills, loses games he should win.
3. John L smith. Smile! no explanation needed.

hogsanity

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 07, 2017, 09:43:02 am

People are again confusing spread with hunh and rpo. The rpo plays most definitely would be stopped if the ineligible downfield was called correctly. I kid you not, I called a game this year not with my normal crew and the white told me not to call ineligible downfield unless it was at least 7 yards.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogsanity on November 07, 2017, 11:00:10 am
People are again confusing spread with hunh and rpo. The rpo plays most definitely would be stopped if the ineligible downfield was called correctly. I kid you not, I called a game this year not with my normal crew and the white told me not to call ineligible downfield unless it was at least 7 yards.

That is pretty much unstoppable. If they can begin blocking 5-7 yard downfield, it is a guaranteed 5 yards a play, if not more. It isn't fair for defenses, which is why it is against the rules.

ChicoHog

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 07, 2017, 10:27:49 am
Huh? There is a reason that basically every team that has won a nc for the past 12 years or so runs the spread or some form of it?. Linemen downfield wouldnt be the only reason its hard to stop.
A spread based mostly on running the ball, not throwing 50 or 60 times a game.  And Bama does neither.  If you call Ohio a spread team then we disagree on the terminology.  They are a power team with "dudes" up front on both sides of the ball.  I think spread teams as finesse teams ala most of the Big 12. 

ipigsooie

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 07, 2017, 11:12:59 am
A spread based mostly on running the ball, not throwing 50 or 60 times a game.  And Bama does neither.  If you call Ohio a spread team then we disagree on the terminology.  They are a power team with "dudes" up front on both sides of the ball.  I think spread teams as finesse teams ala most of the Big 12.

You dont think urban meyer runs the spread?

ipigsooie

A rpo is not an offense per se. You can add the rpo to any offensive system. The spread is typically going to be a qb in shotgun formation, 4 receivers or more that are spread across the field. The spread is designed to make a team respect an offenses verticle game so that it opens up the run or the short crossing game. Most spread teams use a type of rpo in it but you can have a rpo in the wishbone.

hogsanity

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 07, 2017, 11:12:59 am

Most people here that talk about the spread do so in terms of a spread offense that throws the ball alot, think Wash St. They do not want a spread that is run based. They want nothing that is run based.

ipigsooie

Quote from: hogsanity on November 07, 2017, 11:33:48 am
Most people here that talk about the spread do so in terms of a spread offense that throws the ball alot, think Wash St. They do not want a spread that is run based. They want nothing that is run based.

I get what you are saying. I actually like either version.  Both are predicated on finding the weak spots in the defense. Gus and Morris both run a run based spread offense. I prefer one more like the one norvell runs but im not saying that is the best or worst version.  Ive also seen many comments about bubble screens for 60 plays. That is not at all what memphis does and those people havent watched a single game. He is going to spread you out verically and then eat you up with shorter stuff and vice versa.

holeinthewall

This entire forum is pure entertainment.

Kicking Wing

Bingo!  Defense is about getting the athletes.  Arkansas does not have access to the kind of athletes in the front 7 of a defense that they have in Alabama, Auburn, LSU, etc. and it will take an incredible recruiter and a lot of luck to ever get those guys.  Speedy WRs, RBs and QBs are MUCH easier to find and if you get those guys you can scheme an offense well enough to beat most of your opponents.

swineology

ChicoHog

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 07, 2017, 11:18:24 am
You dont think urban meyer runs the spread?
Not really.  They rely on power and are good in the trenches.    When I think spread I think Leach, Ok st, Art Briles teams at Baylor, Hal Mumme teams, Kingsbury.  They are all finesse teams.  Most of them throw much more than run but many do both.   Auburn doesn't run a spread either.  It's a power based zone read offense. 

hogsanity

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 07, 2017, 09:14:40 pm
Not really.  They rely on power and are good in the trenches.    When I think spread I think Leach, Ok st, Art Briles teams at Baylor, Hal Mumme teams, Kingsbury.  They are all finesse teams.  Most of them throw much more than run but many do both.   Auburn doesn't run a spread either.  It's a power based zone read offense. 

They think if you have 3 or 4 wideouts you run the spread. Heck the Hogs use 3 and 4 wr's alot, but no one would say they run a spread offense.  Frankly, not sure what you'd call what the hogs run.

Scott7703

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 06, 2017, 06:57:36 pm
Mike Novell

Chad Morris

You successfully eliminated two of the best options out there.

Scott7703

Doenst take intelligence. You just have to be able to see and have common sense. You sir pass at least one of those test.

clutch

Quote from: hogsanity on November 07, 2017, 11:00:10 am

Not all RPO plays would be. The basis of RPO is run plays with built in pass routes that are behind the line of scrimmage, or are quick hitting enough that they are thrown before linemen get more than 3 yards downfield. A lot of times it morphs into something that is more illegal, but the basis of it would still be legal even if they called the linemen downfield.

A lot of the downfield routes that you see in RPO offenses aren't RPO's. They are normal passing routes. You do the RPO stuff to set up the defense so that you can hit them over the top. You throw bubbles and quick hitches to get the defense to bite, then you call a passing route where it looks the same, until the normal blocking receiver releases downfield and beats them over the top. Nothing illegal about that if done correctly. So the RPO stuff could still be very effective even with rules changes.

I agree with the fact that there are a lot of teams that bend the rules with it though. In high school games especially. Ineligible receiver downfield is rarely called in high school anyways. There's usually a lineman downfield on even the most basic pass plays in high school just because they usually don't know any better.

clutch

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 07, 2017, 11:25:47 am
A rpo is not an offense per se. You can add the rpo to any offensive system. The spread is typically going to be a qb in shotgun formation, 4 receivers or more that are spread across the field. The spread is designed to make a team respect an offenses verticle game so that it opens up the run or the short crossing game. Most spread teams use a type of rpo in it but you can have a rpo in the wishbone.

I've seen an RPO system installed with the pistol double wing. It was nasty. Probably one of my favorite versions of it that I've seen for high school football.

RazorPiggie

FATHAWG08

I love off season Football!!