Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GB lookin more positive

Started by Nosboar Accubond, December 11, 2017, 08:33:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GoPigs69

Quote from: ricepig on December 12, 2017, 07:09:08 pm
So....you like 247, he likes ESPN, in the end, neither could be correct, or both are.

Yea neither list him as a dual threat quarterback - both list him as pro-style...but thanks for the fact checking..

Ugly Uncle

I've seen GB play.  He was unbelievable.  I saw him early in his Jr. year.  I think he would be perfect for this offense.

Now, from people in the know, and in the business of knowing they say that GB is a very raw talent.

My understanding is that Noland is a little more polished at this point. 

I hope we get them both.  It doesn't matter where they are right now, but where their ceiling is and how well they can develop. 
Retired Radio Host

Pumbaa

I may be taking a lonely stand here but I haven't seen a lot from GB that just wows me about his QB ability. He does however look like a heck of an athlete.

ricepig

Quote from: GoPigs69 on December 12, 2017, 10:26:17 pm
Yea neither list him as a dual threat quarterback - both list him as pro-style...but thanks for the fact checking..

Did you watch any of his high school tape?? I don't think he has a problem being the runner part of a dual threat QB, do you?

Peter Porker

Quote from: ricepig on December 13, 2017, 04:15:55 am
Did you watch any of his high school tape?? I don't think he has a problem being the runner part of a dual threat QB, do you?

But, but, the recruiting services call him a dropback passer....so I don't need to watch his tape.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

bigred223

Quote from: Pumbaa on December 13, 2017, 01:08:21 am
I may be taking a lonely stand here but I haven't seen a lot from GB that just wows me about his QB ability. He does however look like a heck of an athlete.

Just watched his tape and I will have to disagree. He appears to have all the arm that is necessary and the ability to improvise.

MissippHog

Peter Porker

Quote from: bigred223 on December 13, 2017, 04:32:04 am
Just watched his tape and I will have to disagree. He appears to have all the arm that is necessary and the ability to improvise.

The arm looks good, but remember the plays are being made against 2a "talent".

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

HogFoo

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 13, 2017, 12:24:49 am
I've seen GB play.  He was unbelievable.  I saw him early in his Jr. year.  I think he would be perfect for this offense.

Now, from people in the know, and in the business of knowing they say that GB is a very raw talent.

My understanding is that Noland is a little more polished at this point. 

I hope we get them both.  It doesn't matter where they are right now, but where their ceiling is and how well they can develop.
this pretty much sums it up.    I'd say from seeing them both, Noland better passer and decent runner, BoHannon better runner, and decent passer.  Hyatt was a what, top 10 dual threat coming out of HS? And to the one poster that made a comment about if anyone looked at the offense Kelley ran back in HS? Yes, I saw it.  We'll all find out soon enough the direction were heading.  Morris offense works better from what I've seen with an accurate passer.  Timing needs to be on point.  Yes it adds an extra dimension if he can find a QB who can run.  But really, I look at the Baylor transfer over at aubbie as the perfect QB.  At first of year , he wasn't really scrambling, but once he got used to the offense, he was all over the place.  Now he wasn't a D.watson, but I don't necessarily think you have to have that type of scrambling ability.  Anyways.  It'll be fun seeing how it unfolds. In either case , hope GB is a Hog! Hope we have enough schollies for all the guys we trying to bring in!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Pork Ranger

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 13, 2017, 06:58:41 am

That's my concern. Some stating he should play/start next year is crazy to me. From 2A Arkansas football to the SEC!! Should be an easy jump.

I just think he'll need a redshirt year to get used to the level of athletes he'll be going against

The Boar War

I remember people saying the same thing about Korliss Marshall.  Turns out he was just a fast guy who lived in the country. 

Peter Porker

Quote from: The Boar War on December 13, 2017, 08:19:10 am
I remember people saying the same thing about Korliss Marshall.  Turns out he was just a fast guy who lived in the country.

Korliss had the track times to back up the argument. Bohanon does not.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: HogFoo on December 12, 2017, 06:28:14 am
Kelley wont see the light of day unless a lot of folks get injured.  Like i said, it'll either be Noland as the starter (and more than likely will be) or Bohannon.  Kelley may get a shot, at least until Noland or GBO get there.  that's it tho.  Then it'll be  "CoNo"   haha

If we start a freshman in the SEC the defenses will eat him up.  Morris will put in a package that fits whoever is our QB.  I trust him as a ex high school coach to fit the scheme to match the talent.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: GoPigs69 on December 12, 2017, 09:22:23 am
Yea because no one should be offended by gay comments. Ridiculous. It was wrong then too btw.

It has been wrong since God formed man...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hawgball40

Quote from: GoPigs69 on December 12, 2017, 09:22:23 am
Yea because no one should be offended by gay comments. Ridiculous. It was wrong then too btw.
sweetheart, its a joke, not a stick. don't take it so hard.  ;)

southarkhog06

Quote from: The Boar War on December 13, 2017, 08:19:10 am
Did you watch him play??? KM was fantastic, he just couldn't lay off the peyote.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: Pork Ranger on December 13, 2017, 07:23:25 am
That's my concern. Some stating he should play/start next year is crazy to me. From 2A Arkansas football to the SEC!! Should be an easy jump.

I just think he'll need a redshirt year to get used to the level of athletes he'll be going against

He needs a red shirt year for the college game to slow down for him and to clean up his mechanics (from my extensive background in never coaching football and in-depth research of a few videos on HUDL, so take it for what it's worth). The thing to see will be what that polishing does for his accuracy, because that will need to improve for him to run the offense well.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Snout team

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 13, 2017, 09:14:52 am
He needs a red shirt year for the college game to slow down for him and to clean up his mechanics (from my extensive background in never coaching football and in-depth research of a few videos on HUDL, so take it for what it's worth). The thing to see will be what that polishing does for his accuracy, because that will need to improve for him to run the offense well.

I agree.  He will also have to break the habit of drifting backwards against the rush.  Some of the plays he made occurred when he was 20 or more yards behind the line of scrimmage.  In HS he is athletic enough to out run or out throw the defense and gets away with it.  In college that is going to be a lot of lost yardage sacks.  He does look like a grown man though.  Everyone agrees his potential is unbelievable.  For people on here who believe he will come in next year and start in the SEC and be a Heisman hopeful, they may want to pump the brakes a little.

I sure hope we get him though.  I do believe he could develop into the best dual threat QB we have had since Matt Jones. 
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: GoPigs69 on December 12, 2017, 10:26:17 pm
just watch his tape. Kid can run.

Link to where coach morris needs a "dual threat" qb as determined by some hack at espn or 247sports?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on December 13, 2017, 04:15:55 am
of course he hasnt watched tape lol.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: bigred223 on December 13, 2017, 04:32:04 am
how anyone can watch Gerry's tape and come to the conclusion that he did is mind boggling. That kid has an NFL arm.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 13, 2017, 08:44:15 am
Korliss had the track times to back up the argument. Bohanon does not.
he is a QUARTERBACK. The most important things are his arm and his mind; the legs are a bonus. Kid is smart and has an absolute cannon for an arm. I just rewatched both tapes b/c of some of the posters in here and their comments about Noland and, on what planet is Noland's arm "better" than Bohannon's? Maybe on the diamond. It might be as/more accurate, but in no way does it have the zip, power, or effortlessness on the deep ball as Gerry's. Not even trying to slight Noland here at all, I like him a lot. But, the Gerry slights are ridiculous. He is the state's top recruit, get it thru y'alls heads.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hawgball40 on December 13, 2017, 08:59:39 am
sweetheart, its a joke, not a stick. don't take it so hard.  ;)
you called a grown man sweetheart now, smh.
@Slackaveli

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 13, 2017, 09:28:01 am
he is a QUARTERBACK. The most important things are his arm and his mind; the legs are a bonus. Kid is smart and has an absolute cannon for an arm. I just rewatched both tapes b/c of some of the posters in here and their comments about Noland and, on what planet is Noland's arm "better" than Bohannon's? Maybe on the diamond. It might be as/more accurate, but in no way does it have the zip, power, or effortlessness on the deep ball as Gerry's. Not even trying to slight Noland here at all, I like him a lot. But, the Gerry slights are ridiculous. He is the state's top recruit, get it thru y'alls heads.

His arm is amazing. So amazing that he can get away with some things that will get him torched in the SEC. Hence the need for the red shirt. But if he cleans some of that up... oh man!

311Hog

i am sorry but no one should expect a freshman (any freshman) to play in the SEC.  I mean granted new coaching staff new system makes it "more likely" imho, but you really shouldn't expect it.

hog of steele

Quote from: 311Hog on December 13, 2017, 09:49:07 am
i am sorry but no one should expect a freshman (any freshman) to play in the SEC.  I mean granted new coaching staff new system makes it "more likely" imho, but you really shouldn't expect it.

This is old thinking. If you have the physical tools, you can play. Good coaches figure out ways to minimize deficiencies.  They can give a guy one read. Or no reads, just go do this thing. We have seen this all over the SEC. Freshmen play now. It isn't like it was in the flexbone years.

311Hog

Quote from: hog of steele on December 13, 2017, 09:52:49 am
This is old thinking. If you have the physical tools, you can play. Good coaches figure out ways to minimize deficiencies.  They can give a guy one read. Or no reads, just go do this thing. We have seen this all over the SEC. Freshmen play now. It isn't like it was in the flexbone years.

it isn't old thinking, what is stupid is to sit here before the coaching staff is even completed and "crown" a freshman as the starter, and saying if he isn't the starter then there is something wrong.  fact is there are QB's on campus now, and there will be other recruited QB's NONE of them are a sure bet starter right now and no one should be so emotionally sold on one or the other.

hog of steele

Quote from: 311Hog on December 13, 2017, 09:57:11 am
what is stupid is to sit here before the coaching staff is even completed and "crown" a freshman as the starter, and saying if he isn't the starter then there is something wrong.  fact is there are QB's on campus now, and there will be other recruited QB's NONE of them are a sure bet starter right now and no one should be so emotionally sold on one or the other.

I agree with that. Let me say that I was just responding to one idea. Freshman can play early, even in the SEC. We see it at lots of schools.

I don't care who the coaches play as QB. I think they will play the guy that gives them the best chance to win games. I trust them just like I trusted the staff before them. I am not pushing for a Freshman QB. I like Cole Kelley. I hope that kid finds his niche in this system. But whoever starts is fine with me.

311Hog

Quote from: hog of steele on December 13, 2017, 10:01:49 am
I agree with that. Let me say that I was just responding to one idea. Freshman can play early, even in the SEC. We see it at lots of schools.

I don't care who the coaches play as QB. I think they will play the guy that gives them the best chance to win games. I trust them just like I trusted the staff before them. I am not pushing for a Freshman QB. I like Cole Kelley. I hope that kid finds his niche in this system. But whoever starts is fine with me.

yeah i am not saying it won't happen, but i feel like any of the QB's on campus or being talked about could be the guy even Kelley.  Kelley isn't a statue if he was Mallett like in his ability to move i would maybe say that is a problem but he is fairly mobile to be able to have that part of the game plan in play.

Uncle Remus

Sorry if this has already been answered multiple times...but will GB be signing in the early period on Dec. 20th?

hog of steele

Quote from: 311Hog on December 13, 2017, 10:03:57 am
yeah i am not saying it won't happen, but i feel like any of the QB's on campus or being talked about could be the guy even Kelley.  Kelley isn't a statue if he was Mallett like in his ability to move i would maybe say that is a problem but he is fairly mobile to be able to have that part of the game plan in play.

The thing about it is, I believe CCM is a good offensive mind. Which means he will work with the tools he has. If our QB is more like a full back, then write plays that make that work. I think our coach can do that.

One thing that folks do (did it every year with BB) is they will set some sill expectations then get on to the coach when he doesn't meet them. This is year one. I expect our coach to field a team that plays hard. I expect to win our gimme Non conference games. Beyond that, he is cooking meals with a lot of groceries he wouldn't have picked. When the chef does that, you get what you get.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: Uncle Remus on December 13, 2017, 10:07:42 am
Sorry if this has already been answered multiple times...but will GB be signing in the early period on Dec. 20th?

He plans to enroll at midterm, so yes.

hog of steele

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 13, 2017, 10:34:25 am
He plans to enroll at midterm, so yes.

With the new early signing period, do you have to sign early to enroll early? Or do they still have the financial agreement that they used to use?

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: hog of steele on December 13, 2017, 10:36:20 am
With the new early signing period, do you have to sign early to enroll early? Or do they still have the financial agreement that they used to use?

I don't know about that, but that's what I've read.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 13, 2017, 09:44:30 am
His arm is amazing. So amazing that he can get away with some things that will get him torched in the SEC. Hence the need for the red shirt. But if he cleans some of that up... oh man!
agreed.

Who turned this into "G-Bo starts day One"? We are talking RECRUITING, men.
@Slackaveli

#1 STUNNA

physical stature and athleticism.. i think Bohannon as close to SEC ready as any Qb arkansas has produced. Now that doesnt mean he is a better player than Noland at all. I think Noland is probably a better passer and probably ran a more complex offense at Gwood against better players. But as far as athleticism Bohannon every day of the week.

311Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 13, 2017, 11:47:03 am
physical stature and athleticism.. i think Bohannon as close to SEC ready as any Qb arkansas has produced. Now that doesnt mean he is a better player than Noland at all. I think Noland is probably a better passer and probably ran a more complex offense at Gwood against better players. But as far as athleticism Bohannon every day of the week.

hey Stunna anyway we can get Burks to graduate early and play for the Hogs next year =)

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 311Hog on December 13, 2017, 02:12:45 pm
hey Stunna anyway we can get Burks to graduate early and play for the Hogs next year =)

His time is coming..lol.. By morris second year the offense should be ready to rock and roll and then we can add Burks into the mix!!

bigred223

Yeah I'm not saying he should start next year, but the tools are very clearly there.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 13, 2017, 11:47:03 am

Isn't Baylor in his house tonight? Their entire offensive staff? Do you know anything?

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 13, 2017, 09:24:37 am
how anyone can watch Gerry's tape and come to the conclusion that he did is mind boggling. That kid has an NFL arm.

Clint Stoerner is very high on Bohannon..As a QB so that's good enough for me. I love Noland and he's a much better athlete than he's given credit for on here. That kid can run.

I don't know who will be the man but I would love to see this offense with that talent running it. 

The Boar War

Quote from: southarkhog06 on December 13, 2017, 09:09:37 am
Did you watch him play??? KM was fantastic, he just couldn't lay off the peyote.

Yes.  I meant to say "he was a fast guy that just happened to live in the country" not "just a fast guy...."

Point being some of these rural guys have talent.  Just because he played Salem doesn't mean he couldn't dominate Springdale.