Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

As expected, Benintendi 2nd in AL Rookie of the Year voting

Started by JHicks3636, November 13, 2017, 08:12:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JHicks3636

3kgthog

208 Ks for Judge including breaking the postseason record. I can't get past that.

Wisco Pig

Voting Results, AL Rookie of the Year

1. Judge (30 first-place votes, 150 points)
2. Benintendi (75 points)
3. Trey Mancini, Baltimore (31 points)
4. Matt Olson, Oakland (5 points)
5. Yuli Gurriel, Houston (5 points)

dotnet

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 13, 2017, 09:17:24 pm
208 Ks for Judge including breaking the postseason record. I can't get past that.

I struggle with the 56 homers

311Hog

i think it is pretty clear that MLB is and has been in love with the long ball.

southarkhog06

Quote from: 311Hog on November 14, 2017, 08:58:28 am
i think it is pretty clear that MLB is and has been in love with the long ball.
More accurate is that MLB is in love with metrics, and the metrics state that 50+ homers is more important than consistent contact for a middle of the order guy.

311Hog

Quote from: southarkhog06 on November 15, 2017, 02:47:23 am
More accurate is that MLB is in love with metrics, and the metrics state that 50+ homers is more important than consistent contact for a middle of the order guy.

i agree with this as well, just with all the accusations about the ball now, and the insane amount of Homers in the WS.  MLB doesn't "want" a return to the McGuire steriod days, so i think they figured something out with the ball to get a bit more pop.

I mean i would take Benni if i had to pick between them, but i am well beyond bias.

southarkhog06

Quote from: 311Hog on November 15, 2017, 12:12:55 pm
i agree with this as well, just with all the accusations about the ball now, and the insane amount of Homers in the WS.  MLB doesn't "want" a return to the McGuire steriod days, so i think they figured something out with the ball to get a bit more pop.

I mean i would take Benni if i had to pick between them, but i am well beyond bias.
I mean Benny is more versatile, and I think his game plays well for a longer career.

However, ROY is a one season award, and it would be a hard sell to beat 50+ homers and 90+ RBI for anyone.

EDIT: If MLB did juice the ball this year I think they took it a little too far.