Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA finally approves seeding of top 16 instead of just top 8

Started by WizardofhOgZ, October 06, 2017, 02:33:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisco Pig

Thanks, Wiz. 

From the link:  The changes take effect in 2018, and "the format will call for 1 vs. 16, 2 vs. 15, and so on in the super regional round. Should one of those seeds get upset in the regional round, the winner of the regional would replace them as that seed and there would not be a reseeding process."

dotnet

Quote from: Wisco Pig on October 07, 2017, 08:00:23 am
Thanks, Wiz. 

From the link:  The changes take effect in 2018, and "the format will call for 1 vs. 16, 2 vs. 15, and so on in the super regional round. Should one of those seeds get upset in the regional round, the winner of the regional would replace them as that seed and there would not be a reseeding process."

I am assuming if the 2 seed gets upset that the 15 seed will still host the super - is that the plan?

Wisco Pig

Quote from: dotnet on October 08, 2017, 11:27:27 am
I am assuming if the 2 seed gets upset that the 15 seed will still host the super - is that the plan?

That's a good question.  I checked a couple of related stories online, and I don't know the answer.

My understanding from the linked story is that a team that beats the national #2 seed in the regional becomes the new 2 seed in the next round.  I'd assume that as the team with the better seed, that team would then host the super regional.  Again, though, I don't know; that's my guess.

bulldog04

Quote from: Wisco Pig on October 08, 2017, 09:17:41 pm
That's a good question.  I checked a couple of related stories online, and I don't know the answer.

My understanding from the linked story is that a team that beats the national #2 seed in the regional becomes the new 2 seed in the next round.  I'd assume that as the team with the better seed, that team would then host the super regional.  Again, though, I don't know; that's my guess.
Yes the 15 seed would host since they were a 1 seed in their regional.  The only way a 2,3, 4 seed would host is if the other top seed got knocked out. Then the host would go to whoever survived the highest ranked bracket.

Wisco Pig

Makes sense to me.  Do you have a link that explains these types of scenarios in the revised format?   Thanks.

bulldog04

Quote from: Wisco Pig on October 09, 2017, 08:04:39 am
Makes sense to me.  Do you have a link that explains these types of scenarios in the revised format?   Thanks.
No I don't. I got my info from Kendall Rogers on twitter when he was asked a similar question

Wisco Pig

Quote from: bulldog04 on October 09, 2017, 10:33:42 am
No I don't. I got my info from Kendall Rogers on twitter when he was asked a similar question

Ah, OK.  Thank you.

navyhog24

However women's softball works is the way this is supposed to work from what I've heard