Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Every MLB team’s all-time best Arkansas Razorback player

Started by jbcarol, July 22, 2018, 08:13:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Indians - Cliff Lee

2008 Comeback Player of the Year.  Cleveland's first 20-Game winner since Gaylord Perry. Started All-Star Game for AL.

jbcarol

Phillies - Cliff Lee

Lee won two World Series games in 2009.

All-Star team in '11 and '13.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

factchecker

Rockies - Bubba Carpenter

Maybe Spanberger if he stays in their system and moves up.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Supermark101

July 23, 2018, 01:07:57 am #9 Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 02:40:14 am by Supermark101
Quote from: factchecker on July 22, 2018, 05:59:20 pm

If this isn't the "worst" best, i will be shocked. He had the definition of a cup of coffee with the Rockies.

factchecker

Quote from: Supermark101 on July 23, 2018, 01:07:57 am
If this isn't the "worst" best, i will be shocked. He had the definition of a cup of coffee with the Rockies.
Yep.  In hindsight I should have put Kit Pellow.   I'm not sure if any other Razorbacks played for the Rockies.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Supermark101

Quote from: factchecker on July 23, 2018, 04:05:26 am
Yep.  In hindsight I should have put Kit Pellow.   I'm not sure if any other Razorbacks played for the Rockies.

Bubba had a better WAR :D

I am a huge Rockies fan and i can't think of any. Trey Killian was drafted but is unlikely to ever see Denver.

Fomer team president, Keli McGregor was associate athletic director here in the mid 80s. So there's that.

factchecker

Quote from: Supermark101 on July 23, 2018, 04:43:44 am
I am a huge Rockies fan
Hopefully you'll get to see Spanberger sending moonshots out of Coors field sooner than later.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PintailKiller

Quote from: DLUXHOG on July 22, 2018, 08:11:01 pm
Texas Rangers - Cliff Lee

I would've thought Craig Gentry did more with them in his time there.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

DLUXHOG

Quote from: PintailKiller on July 23, 2018, 10:04:06 am
I would've thought Craig Gentry did more with them in his time there.

I believe that Cliff was a primary reason the Rangers were in two, back to back World Series a few years ago.....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Ironhawg

Quote from: Kevin on July 23, 2018, 11:27:57 am
power or average

Average.  J Ray was with the Pirates 10 years, compared to 8 for King.  His career average was .290 compared to .256 for Jeff King.  King did have more pop than Ray, no doubt.

PintailKiller

Quote from: DLUXHOG on July 23, 2018, 11:35:29 am
I believe that Cliff was a primary reason the Rangers were in two, back to back World Series a few years ago.....

Negative - he went to the Rangers in a mid season trade from the Mariners.  Only appeared in the 2010 WS with the Rangers.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: PintailKiller on July 23, 2018, 03:23:40 pm
Negative - he went to the Rangers in a mid season trade from the Mariners.  Only appeared in the 2010 WS with the Rangers.
But 3-0 in the 2010 ALDS/CS.  San Francisco manhandled him but he was for sure instrumental in the Rangers making the world series appearance in 2010.

Sportsnutt9

Cardinals- Tom Pagnozzi- 3 Gold Gloves and an all star appearance.

Boog41

Padres, Mets, Royals - Kevin McReynolds
Cubs - Les Lancaster

jbcarol

bosshog84

Bruinstyle2001

Quote from: factchecker on July 22, 2018, 05:59:20 pm

I am willing to offer Kit Pellow for consideration by the Rockies.

factchecker

Quote from: Bruinstyle2001 on August 07, 2018, 07:30:34 am
I am willing to offer Kit Pellow for consideration by the Rockies.

Quote from: factchecker on July 23, 2018, 04:05:26 am
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Bruinstyle2001

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS