Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benintendi

Started by philiphog, April 22, 2017, 08:31:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

Quote from: Hogs49ers on October 12, 2017, 03:31:39 pm
Me too, and as a fan on the outside, I had no idea of some of the problems you mentioned.  I guess it truly is universal that every fanbase starts moving the goalposts (or foul pole) once their team starts winning! 

I remember when people were pissed here at Arkansas when Petrino was winning 10-11 games a year, but were questioning things because we could not ever beat Bama.  Oh how things have changed...

Expectations are a funny thing.

Yes - they are.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

southarkhog06

Quote from: hoglady on October 12, 2017, 08:55:14 am
I get what you're saying and I don't disagree.
But there's also some problems in Beantown between the fans and the team / which is probably concerning to management.
I was reading an article the other day that "the fans" do not like this team. And if changes aren't made next year you could see a Fenway with 18,000 fans in the seats.
Most of the dissention apparently surrounds David Price and it's believed he's a negative influence on the rest of the team.

Here's another article on the subject.
http://www.masslive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/10/red_sox_fans_struggle_to_like.html
I can't truly argue with you there, They have Sale and Price on the same team both guys aren't known for being great team guys. I will say that Sox fans from Boston aren't known for being great fans either, and Drama is not a new thing for the Organization, that is kind of what I am getting at, the roster changes every year but the drama doesn't.

TexArkHogFan

They fired the manager but he was only part of the problem.  The starting pitchers started failing and the hitters quit hitting.  My question is just what does a hitting coach do to justify his existence?  When the whole team can't hit something is wrong.  Benny did have what most consider an excellent rookie season but even he said he could do better.  The other young hitters had worse year than the one before, Betts,
Bradley, Bogaerts.  Pedroria had an off year due to injuries, Ramirez had a terrible year.  I am surprised they won their divison.  Hope the new manager brings in new hitting and pitching coach.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

hoglady

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on October 13, 2017, 10:39:07 am
They fired the manager but he was only part of the problem.  The starting pitchers started failing and the hitters quit hitting.  My question is just what does a hitting coach do to justify his existence?  When the whole team can't hit something is wrong.  Benny did have what most consider an excellent rookie season but even he said he could do better.  The other young hitters had worse year than the one before, Betts,
Bradley, Bogaerts.  Pedroria had an off year due to injuries, Ramirez had a terrible year.  I am surprised they won their divison.  Hope the new manager brings in new hitting and pitching coach.

I think the firing of the manager had as much to do with the handling of the Price / Eckersley spat as the early play off exit. They did win the AL East. But the fans for the most part have sided with Eckersley - think Price is an overpaid spoiled brat. And neither Price nor Farrell did anything to smooth it over or apologize.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

thebignasty

He looks jacked!

I happened to be in Boston when he had his Fenway debut against the Yankees.... Couldn't get over to Fenway. Big time bummer.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

WBOBO

Look at the crowd for an early preseason game.  Wow.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: thebignasty on March 02, 2018, 07:26:57 pm
He looks jacked!

I happened to be in Boston when he had his Fenway debut against the Yankees.... Couldn't get over to Fenway. Big time bummer.

I live 30 minutes from Salem and my bro in law (who is a Red Sox fan) decided to go up and watch a game a gent his autograph...when we left, we looked up the roster to get his number...and he was traded that morning...talk about a guy punch...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

TebowHater

That haircut, though. Ladies everywhere are going to be devastated

89ALUM

That stadium is very nice compared to some of the others I've seen in Florida.  I caught a Jupiter Hammerheads game there a couple of years ago and got Brian Anderson's autograph on both a hat and ball.  He's a good guy, loves the Hogs.  Up with the Marlins, he's one of the few players Jeter didn't dump, Lol.
I'm in shape.  Round is a shape.

"That's what." - she

Tony Perkis

Quote from: 89ALUM on March 04, 2018, 08:33:38 am
That stadium is very nice compared to some of the others I've seen in Florida.  I caught a Jupiter Hammerheads game there a couple of years ago and got Brian Anderson's autograph on both a hat and ball.  He's a good guy, loves the Hogs.  Up with the Marlins, he's one of the few players Jeter didn't dump, Lol.
Fun fact: Brian was sitting in the Hog Pen with the guys that lead the chants towards the opposing left fielder for the Bucknell series.

philiphog

I can't wait to watch him play this year.

hoglady

Quote from: TebowHater on March 03, 2018, 12:01:19 pm
That haircut, though. Ladies everywhere are going to be devastated

Bet he lets it grow back out during the year.