Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 7 THREAD: #20 Arkansas (6-0, 0-0 SEC) vs La. Tech (7-0, 0-0 USA)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, February 27, 2017, 10:48:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: azhog10 on February 28, 2017, 11:04:59 pm
Pulls Alberious but won't pull Spanbarger......
If you don't know the difference in pitching, saving a pitcher for some up coming games, and trying to get hitter going, then stick to basketball. Who are you going to bat in that position, Lee is the only one on your bench who's shown any more, and he's scheduled to be the starting pitcher the next game?

Kevin

some tough decision are going to have to be made.
shaddy's defense
spanberger's lack of production

bonfield gets some more time based on what he did last year.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

PorkRyan

Quote from: Kevin on March 01, 2017, 08:46:33 am
is
Jordan Rodriguez  hurt?

I don't recall seeing him during the Bryant series. I know that Dahl was catching in the pen and had to toss the ball underhand to another player to throw it back to the pitcher. 

Kevin

azhog10

Quote from: ricepig on March 01, 2017, 08:04:15 am
If you don't know the difference in pitching, saving a pitcher for some up coming games, and trying to get hitter going, then stick to basketball. Who are you going to bat in that position, Lee is the only one on your bench who's shown any more, and he's scheduled to be the starting pitcher the next game?
I know the difference....and yes Alberius may be pitching this weekend. Pulling him isn't why i made the comment. Sticking with Span and Bonfield are however. Span and Bonfield have had as many at bats as just about anyone. Hitting Lee would not affect him pitching today, DVH has shown that when he used to play Eibner and then pitch him. DVH has referenced Span and Bonfield needed to step up, I just would have liked to see him make a change there and roll the dice. Seems to have struck a nerve tho....

SPAL

Quote from: azhog10 on March 01, 2017, 01:13:40 pm
I know the difference....and yes Alberius may be pitching this weekend. Pulling him isn't why i made the comment. Sticking with Span and Bonfield are however. Span and Bonfield have had as many at bats as just about anyone. Hitting Lee would not affect him pitching today, DVH has shown that when he used to play Eibner and then pitch him. DVH has referenced Span and Bonfield needed to step up, I just would have liked to see him make a change there and roll the dice. Seems to have struck a nerve tho....

You're comment and thoughts are welcomed and appreciated and respected. However, "must have hit a nerve" to end it is not needed. That's intended to elicit a negative response from the poster you called out. That's jumpball stuff. It won't fly here.

azhog10

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 01, 2017, 01:23:29 pm
You're comment and thoughts are welcomed and appreciated and respected. However, "must have hit a nerve" to end it is not needed. That's intended to elicit a negative response from the poster you called out. That's jumpball stuff. It won't fly here.
Understood hit a nerve wont fly but "If you don't know the difference in pitching, saving a pitcher for some up coming games, and trying to get hitter going, then stick to basketball" will. Got it!

ricepig

Quote from: azhog10 on March 01, 2017, 01:13:40 pm

Nope, no nerve, I'll have to jog my memory bank on if DVH pitched and hit Eibner in game 7 of Eibner's freshman season.

azhog10

Quote from: ricepig on March 01, 2017, 01:38:44 pm
Nope, no nerve, I'll have to jog my memory bank on if DVH pitched and hit Eibner in game 7 of Eibner's freshman season.
I can tell you he pitched and hit as a freshman. Pitched in 17 games (as a starter) and hit in 45 (42 that he started). So I would bet it's safe to say he came pretty close to doing something like that, this early. Even safe to say he hit in a game as PH and pitched in a game fairly soon thereafter.....

ricepig

Quote from: azhog10 on March 01, 2017, 01:51:36 pm
I can tell you he pitched and hit as a freshman. Pitched in 17 games (as a starter) and hit in 45 (42 that he started). So I would bet it's safe to say he came pretty close to doing something like that, this early. Even safe to say he hit in a game as PH and pitched in a game fairly soon thereafter.....

Obviously DVH didn't feel it was the right time to do it. Eibner started in the OF as a freshman, Lee isn't. I guess he feels he isn't ready, or trusts the older guys more at this point.

SPAL

Quote from: azhog10 on March 01, 2017, 01:36:50 pm
Understood hit a nerve wont fly but "If you don't know the difference in pitching, saving a pitcher for some up coming games, and trying to get hitter going, then stick to basketball" will. Got it!

You're right. His comment baited you and I messaged him about it. I said what I said so that you understand your thoughts and comments are welcomed. Just watch the baiting. He has been around awhile. He knows his input is valuable. I want you to know yours is as well.

azhog10

Quote from: ricepig on March 01, 2017, 01:58:06 pm
Obviously DVH didn't feel it was the right time to do it. Eibner started in the OF as a freshman, Lee isn't. I guess he feels he isn't ready, or trusts the older guys more at this point.
Could be, but it's a message board and comments should be welcomed. The comment wasn't directed at you and it appears Span got his changes and now McFarland will get his. I do think Lee see's more AB's when he's not pitching if others don't take advantage of their chances. Very possible DVH doens't want to put too much on his plate this early in the season.

Knot2brite

DVH is going to stick with Bonfield for a while. He won't stick as long with Spanberger as long because he isn't  rated quite as high as Bonfield. I figure that both of them have this weekend to start warming up before there is any major changes made. 7 games isn't a big enougj sample size to determine what their season is going to be like. Hamblin had a terrible start to a season one year and DVH stuck with him and he eventually broke out of it. Neither Bonfield nor Spanberger have done what Hamblin had done the previous seasons but sometimes you have to suffer a little early to get the rewards eventually.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

ricepig

Quote from: azhog10 on March 01, 2017, 02:12:28 pm
Could be, but it's a message board and comments should be welcomed. The comment wasn't directed at you and it appears Span got his changes and now McFarland will get his. I do think Lee see's more AB's when he's not pitching if others don't take advantage of their chances. Very possible DVH doens't want to put too much on his plate this early in the season.

My point was there's a big difference in early season pitching, how long they go, and early season batting attempts, number of chances to get going.

hogman64

Quote from: Knot2brite on March 01, 2017, 02:13:14 pm
DVH is going to stick with Bonfield for a while. He won't stick as long with Spanberger as long because he isn't  rated quite as high as Bonfield. I figure that both of them have this weekend to start warming up before there is any major changes made. 7 games isn't a big enougj sample size to determine what their season is going to be like. Hamblin had a terrible start to a season one year and DVH stuck with him and he eventually broke out of it. Neither Bonfield nor Spanberger have done what Hamblin had done the previous seasons but sometimes you have to suffer a little early to get the rewards eventually.

Bonfield has done a lot more than Spanberger....no comparison.   We have a much bigger sample size than 7 games on both it has much  more to do with production at the plate than how high their ratings...

Knot2brite

Quote from: hogman64 on March 01, 2017, 02:58:18 pm
Bonfield has done a lot more than Spanberger....no comparison.   We have a much bigger sample size than 7 games on both it has much  more to do with production at the plate than how high their ratings...
Not for this year you don't....last year was last year and both players are different players than last year. I figure DVH sticks with Bonfield for a while but probably not as much with Spanberger if Gates proves he can hit D1 pitching
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

hogman64

Quote from: Knot2brite on March 01, 2017, 03:02:04 pm
Not for this year you don't....last year was last year and both players are different players than last year. I figure DVH sticks with Bonfield for a while but probably not as much with Spanberger if Gates proves he can hit D1 pitching

not when one player looks exactly like he did last year, I don't see a different Spanberger.