Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 29 Thread: ARKANSAS (14-14, 3-6 SEC) vs. AUBURN (18-11, 3-6 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 03, 2015, 01:11:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PoconoHog

HUGE for Jackson to be able to finish the game...pitch count to high to use him again this weekend
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

PorkRyan

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

RECAP:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/razorbackbsb-rallies-past-auburn-in-ninth-inning-04-03-2015

BOX SCORE:
https://ark-platform-sec-prod.silverchalice.co/v3/files/551f534ce4b092b219a83db9

AUBURN'S VERSION:
http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/040315aab.html

Arkansas broke a 7-7 game wide open in the ninth inning when Tucker Pennell and Clark Eagan delivered back-to-back hits to set the stage for a Serrano single up the middle to plate two runs and give the Razorbacks a 9-7 lead. An Andrew Benintendi sacrifice fly later in the inning capped a three-run frame as Arkansas erased an early 5-2 deficit and rallied to pick up the victory.

In a game where the lead changed hands five different times, Arkansas had its big outburst in the sixth inning when Serrano and Benintendi led off the frame with back-to-back home runs, before Bobby Wernes and Michael Bernal delivered RBI hits to give the Razorbacks a four-run inning and turn a 5-2 deficit into a 6-5 lead.

Zach Jackson (3-0) earned the victory in relief, tossing the final 3.0 innings and striking out five of the nine outs he recorded. Trey Killian battled back after giving up five runs in the third inning and lasted 6.0 innings, surrendering five runs on six hits, while walking two and striking out three.

Arkansas Head Coach Dave Van Horn: "To me the biggest inning was when Trey Killian got out of that inning with the bases loaded and one out to keep it at 5-2. He gave our offense a chance and gave us some life. On that base hit Joe (Serrano) got, the ball was up and he got on top of it to drive two in and that was huge.

Van Horn on the late rally: "We did a good job finding ways to score. Even in the eighth Benintendi got on, stole a bag got to third on a wild pitch and we took advantage of some things. This was a big win for our team."

Game Notes
•The Razorbacks picked up their first win of the year when trailing after seven innings.
•Arkansas has won three straight SEC series openers.
•Dave Van Horn sits at 499 wins at Arkansas in his 13th season at the helm of the program.
•The top three spots in the order (Eagan-Serrano-Benintendi) combined to go 5-for-13 with two home runs, five runs scored and seven runs batted in.
•Andrew Benintendi's home run gave him eight for the year and tied him for the SEC lead.
•Tyler Spoon extended his hitting streak to six games as he recorded his third three-hit game of the year.

trippigs

micali

That's how you hit.  I hope we can keep this up through Sunday.

ucahogfan

Quote from: PoconoHog on April 03, 2015, 09:36:07 pm
HUGE for Jackson to be able to finish the game...pitch count to high to use him again this weekend
But it saved the rest of the pen for the remainder of the weekend which is huge.  Hopefully Taco can eat some innings tomorrow and save our other top guys for Sunday.  Feels good being 4-6 a third of the way through SEC play after a 1-5 start and giving away some games.  Hopefully tonight is a sign of good things to come.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: PoconoHog on April 03, 2015, 09:35:04 pm
Next batter Schaffer...K's looking to end the game
HOGS win 10 - 7
Nice call tonight as always, Here's hoping you can continue your winning ways!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

TikiHog

flippinhogmana

LINEUP                  AB   R   H   RBI
(1B) EAGAN, C.           5   1   2   2
(LF) SERRANO, J.           5   2   2   3
(CF) BENINTENDI A   3   2   1   2
(DH) SPANBERGER C   5   0   0   0
(RF) SPOON, T.           4   1   3   1

Not a bad night for our four vets here.... (not including Span) 17 abs, 8 hits, two homers, a couple of doubles and eight rbis.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Hawgzinbowlz

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: PoconoHog on April 03, 2015, 09:35:04 pm
Next batter Schaffer...K's looking to end the game
HOGS win 10 - 7
Thanks and great job, Pocono and Sir pig.

Great thread and +1 to everyone that posted in it, nobody gave up on our Hogs! WPS! :razorback:

BIG WIN!

reddogjcss

Played with lots of heart, wouldn't take loss for the answer.
Great win guys! WPS

tennesseehogwild

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 03, 2015, 09:43:55 pm
Thanks and great job, Pocono and Sir pig.

Great thread and +1 to everyone that posted in it, nobody gave up on our Hogs! WPS! :razorback:

BIG WIN!
Thanks goes to you for your effort as well, not only for today, but for every gameday. True ambassador for the ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS! Thanks again for all you do
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

flippinhogmana

Quote from: PoconoHog on April 03, 2015, 09:36:07 pm

Its not exactly how I would have done it, but you're right as long as we used Jackson there, it was great that he got on a roll and finished the game to save Stone.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

pigture perfect

Big win tonight. Wouldn't call it a great game, even though offensively we were. Our pitching still scares me. Great job with the pbp though.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

flippinhogmana

Missouri State and Dallas Baptist (ranked 19th) are tied 3-3 in the 10th by the way...

ricepig

Kevin

Thanks guys for the pbp. First time ever to read it after the game to catch up. Felt like I was following live.  Heading back to the states after a week in Ireland  sure missed the hogs
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

TNhawgfan

Thanks for the pbp. I was impressed reading it that even after auburn had that 5 run inning, everyone stayed positive. Good job fellas
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

SPAL

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 03, 2015, 09:55:39 pm
Missouri State and Dallas Baptist (ranked 19th) are tied 3-3 in the 10th by the way...

Mo state won