Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 28 Thread: ARKANSAS (14-13, 3-6 SEC) vs. MISSOURI STATE (17-7, 2-1 MVC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, March 31, 2015, 12:42:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Quote from: gguillo on March 31, 2015, 09:31:16 pm
DVH said we turned the corner.  Good call
We hit the ball well tonight, but it was just one of those nights where the hits weren't falling and our hitters did not produce in the crucial situations.

PorkRyan

Caught the last 5 innings and we had some terrible AB's during that stretch.  We really needed to win this one.

flippinhogmana

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

reddogjcss

Most of our boys where to passive at bat. Think most of team wanted to be somewhere else. They sure didn't want to bat. Looking for balls instead of hitting the ball.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 31, 2015, 09:34:46 pm
Stranded eight in scoring position.

and at least two of them were at third with less than two out...
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

NEXT UP: At AUBURN-
Friday - April 3rd - 6:00pm - SECNetwork Plus
Saturday - April 4th - 6:00pm - SEC Network
Sunday - April 5th - 1:00pm - SECNetwork Plus

Today's paid attendance = 7364
Actual attendance = 2872

James Teague got the loss.

knoxvillehog

Can't afford to lose any more mid week games. Need to regroup this weekend.

On the Brightside the pitching seems to be getting better.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on March 31, 2015, 09:37:48 pm
NEXT UP: At AUBURN-
Friday - April 3rd - 6:00pm - SECNetwork Plus
Saturday - April 4th - 6:00pm - SEC Network
Sunday - April 5th - 1:00pm - SECNetwork Plus

Today's paid attendance = 7364
Actual attendance = 2872

James Teague got the loss.

Okay, next!  about the only thing you can do with one like this is put it behind you. 

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 31, 2015, 09:32:41 pm
Bernal grounds out 1-3.

Hogs fall to Missouri State 2-0.
Tuff loss. +1 for both you and Arkansas for the thread
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

jry04

Pitching looks to be improving. Lose the series this weekend and I am afraid we may be done as far as postseason goes.

SPAL

Sueie

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 31, 2015, 09:07:45 pm
Meeting on the mound for Missouri State.  Nomura didn't have the best AB his last time up.

Is McAfee still on the team?  Then WHY is he not playing after that last at bat?
Was Eagan in trouble for getting ejected the Ole Miss game? Then WHY bring him in the EIGHTH inning?

Just a lot of questions that this team needs to figure out BEFORE the weekend.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jry04

Quote from: Sueie on March 31, 2015, 10:16:13 pm
Is McAfee still on the team?  Then WHY is he not playing after that last at bat?
Was Eagan in trouble for getting ejected the Ole Miss game? Then WHY bring him in the EIGHTH inning?

I felt we should have pinch hit Spanberger for Nomura when Nomura was up with bases loaded 1 out. Instead, Nomura swung at 2 pitches chin high. I thought surely we would pinch hit for him with 2 on 2 out, but instead we got the same result. That was a real head scratcher.

Sueie

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 31, 2015, 08:55:24 pm
I fully agree with you.  Remember he did get injured in the fall and he might not be 100% yet from it from a mental aspect.

McKinney broke a finger last summer and is just now getting 100% with his old velo back.

He needs to learn to hit the change up and curve. Anyone know what the deal is with Blake Wiggins, KJ Wilkerson, or some of the others that got about 3 at bats all year?  Do they even dress out anymore?

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 31, 2015, 10:12:30 pm
These guys have a top 10 RPI. Would have been a huge win.
Yep #13 RPI and #6 NPI....18-7 on the year with the #52 SOS. We really needed this win and we could have played better,  but it is not a bad loss. Our SOS improved after this game.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: mrp on March 31, 2015, 11:54:07 pm
These 2 with their absence being quite conspicuous have also left me quite perplexed.
Nagging injuries is the last I heard.

SPAL

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on March 31, 2015, 10:33:34 pm
Yep #13 RPI and #6 NPI....18-7 on the year with the #52 SOS. We really needed this win and we could have played better,  but it is not a bad loss. Our SOS improved after this game.

Thanks. I knew the RPI was high. So just outside the top 10. On paper, it wasnt a game we were supposed to win . Pitching impressed.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on April 01, 2015, 12:27:50 am
Thanks. I knew the RPI was high. So just outside the top 10. On paper, it wasnt a game we were supposed to win . Pitching impressed.
Yes, pitching wasn't bad at all. Teague-McKinney-Lowery-Phillips could turn into a good combo for these midweek series, especially if they can still help out on weekends. They gave up 1 ER and 6 hits with only 3 BB and 9 SO. I think these guys are in the group that DVH was talking about when he said there are finally some pitchers starting to separate themselves from the rest. Plus, MSU has been scoring a bunch of runs.

Box Score:
https://ark-platform-sec-prod.silverchalice.co/v3/files/551b5fc1e4b092b219a83c2e

RECAP:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/razorbackbsb-strands-nine-falls-to-missouri-state-03-31-2015
James Teague (1-2) tossed 4.0 innings, retired 10 straight batters and recorded a career-high five strikeouts before the Bears started a rally in the fifth inning and scored their only runs of the night. Keaton McKinney, Jackson Lowery and Lance Phillips combined to last 5.0 innings and give up three hits, while striking out four.

PHOTO GALLERY:
https://arkrazorbacks.exposure.co/razorbackbsb-vs-missouri-state

hogman64

I   think McAfee and Bernal will be on the field this weekend with Nomura back on the bench.......He has been struggling for awhile .

RD

Timely Hits. This team just don't have that figured out yet. When they do, we will be on the uptick.

knoxvillehog

According to DVH in the post game Mcafee was sick. Eagan didn't start due to lefty on the mound I assume

jry04

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on March 31, 2015, 10:33:34 pm
Not a bad loss at all, but was a really good opportunity to get a quality win. Really, I would say SEMO is the only "bad" loss on our resume right now, although how we have lost some games were bad. However, it doesn't matter whether it is a good or bad loss when they start to pile up like they are for us. We have enough talent to get back in the race, and win any series from here on out. However, we need to stop losing these mid-week games like we are, because it will be hard enough to win our SEC games. We have the 2nd worst RPI in the conference, just ahead of Mississippi State. 

The good news is 6 of our last 7 series are against top 90 RPI teams, with 4 being top 26 RPI. Also, we should go no worse than 4-1 in our remaining mid-week games. To make the NCAAT, I think we have to win 5 of our last 7 series, avoid getting swept, and win 4 of our 5 mid-week games. That would put us at .500 in the SEC, assuming we aren't swept and we don't sweep anyone, and put us at 30-24 overall. We would likely need a win or two in the SECT,  but that would put us in position to make the NCAAT. Obviously a very tall task, and losing 2 of 3 this weekend could be devastating.

TikiHog

Beautiful night at the park....pitching was really good...seemed like every time we hit it hard it was right at someone...wonder if DVH will try to add 2 games...Swatters Club on Monday should be interesting