Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 28 Thread: ARKANSAS (14-13, 3-6 SEC) vs. MISSOURI STATE (17-7, 2-1 MVC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, March 31, 2015, 12:42:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GatorHog

ucahogfan

New pitcher for the Hogs is RS Senior RHP Jackson Lowery (2-0, 5.59 ERA).

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

flippinhogmana

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 31, 2015, 08:40:55 pm
Second time tonight we have had a runner on 3B with less than 2 outs and did not score a run.  Hitters must have productive outs in those situations and they struck out instead.

And the baseball gods are never happy about that.  They will smite you nearly every time for it.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

CJ HOG

Why not have a little patience with a new pitcher?? Instead of chasing 3 straight balls!!

ucahogfan

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ucahogfan

Becker doubles off the wall in LF and Serrano plays it perfectly to almost get him at 2B.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ucahogfan

Hawkins grounds a single into RF.  Becker wisely holds at 3B.  Runners on the corners with 1 out.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ucahogfan

Matheny grounds out 5-3.  Runner holds at 3B while Hawkins moves up to 2B.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ucahogfan

Graham grounds out 4-3 on a nice play by Nomura.  Would have been an easy INF single on one of those turf fields as it was a high chopper.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R    H    E    LOB
BEARS     0   0   0   0   2   0   0                2    5    0      8
HOGS      0   0   0   0   0   0                     0    4    1      7

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Luke Bonfield leads off the Hog 7th, he is now hitting .152 on the year after a hit last time up.

ucahogfan

Missouri State had a runner on 3B with less than 2 outs and failed to score, but at least they put the ball in play.  The coach doesn't get quite as frustrated in that situation.

flippinhogmana

On the other hand UCA, the Bears have done the same thing now twice (had a runner on third with one out and not scored, the first and now this inning).  But for an error, we would probably still be tied with them 0-0.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

ucahogfan

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Knot2brite

Bonfield is going to have to start producing...I know he has a hit tonight but he has no power numbers.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

ucahogfan

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ucahogfan

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

BEARS     0   0   0   0   2   0   0                2    5    0      8
HOGS      0   0   0   0   0   0   0                0    4    1      7

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Paulson leads off for MSU in the 8th,  he hits .256 on the year.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Knot2brite on March 31, 2015, 08:52:49 pm
Bonfield is going to have to start producing...I know he has a hit tonight but he has no power numbers.
I fully agree with you.  Remember he did get injured in the fall and he might not be 100% yet from it from a mental aspect.

McKinney broke a finger last summer and is just now getting 100% with his old velo back.

ucahogfan

Paulsen runs the count full, and he goes down swinging.  Lowery's 1st K.

flippinhogmana

I just got a feeling this one isnt over with.  Its a lot like playing your kid brother.  We dont want to lose to these guys.  I think we come through in our last two at bats.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Spencer Johnson makes his way to the betters box, he bats .282 this year and is 0-3 today with a SO.

ucahogfan

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Matt Fultz comes to bat with a .342 BA and is 1-3 today with a run scored and a SO.

knoxvillehog

Quote from: flippinhogmana on March 31, 2015, 08:58:30 pm
I just got a feeling this one isnt over with.  Its a lot like playing your kid brother.  We dont want to lose to these guys.  I think we come through in our last two at bats.

I think I agree. The Hogs have hit some balls hard, but right at people. The bottom of this inning should be the inning.

ucahogfan

Knot2brite

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

BEARS     0   0   0   0   2   0   0   0           2    5    0      8
HOGS      0   0   0   0   0   0   0                0    4    1      7

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Leading off the HOG 8th is Bobby Wernes, .351 on the year and 0-3 today

ucahogfan

Quote from: knoxvillehog on March 31, 2015, 09:01:13 pm
I think I agree. The Hogs have hit some balls hard, but right at people. The bottom of this inning should be the inning.
You are right.  We have been hitting the ball well tonight for the most part, but right at people.  This is in the inning to do some damage with 2-3-4 coming up.

bulldog04

Quote from: Knot2brite on March 31, 2015, 09:01:41 pm
Don't bat flip a foul ball
Lowery was obviously upset about something.  I've noticed this team has more fire than some of the previous teams when it comes to stuff like that.

ucahogfan

Wernes flies out to deep LCF.  The CF catches the ball as it hangs up and the LF ducks just in time to avoid a collision.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Now batting is Benintendi, .323 this year and 2-2 today with a double and a BB.

Knot2brite

Quote from: bulldog04 on March 31, 2015, 09:04:03 pm
Lowery was obviously upset about something.  I've noticed this team has more fire than some of the previous teams when it comes to stuff like that.
As soon as the guy flipped the bat I figured some words would be said

ucahogfan

Benintendi hits it hard, but right at the 2B for a 4-3 groundout.

ucahogfan

Eagan loops a single into LF on the softest hit ball of the inning.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ucahogfan

Spoon doubles right down the LF line.  Eagan holds at 3B to put runners on 2B and 3B with 2 outs.  Spoon's 10th double of the year.