Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eibner's Homerun

Started by Supermark101, June 18, 2009, 06:37:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: heathtits on June 18, 2009, 12:04:33 pm
The old saying "It takes one to know one" fits in perfectly here.
Yeah, I really worry about who butters my bread. You can clearly tell that from what I say. Idiot.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

coach, my back hurts

I dont know but i think we've hit the longest HR's thus far.  Cox's and Eibner's seem almost identical where they hit in the stands just opposite fields of each other.  It looked like Eibner's hit above that walkway that comes out in the stands.  My God, he crushed that.  And the heighth he hit it was amazing too.  That was a homerun of homeruns.

thirtythree

Quote from: coach, my back hurts on June 18, 2009, 01:16:14 pm
I dont know but i think we've hit the longest HR's thus far.  Cox's and Eibner's seem almost identical where they hit in the stands just opposite fields of each other.  It looked like Eibner's hit above that walkway that comes out in the stands.  My God, he crushed that.  And the heighth he hit it was amazing too.  That was a homerun of homeruns.

CB put it best. It was a "no-doubter".

sooie84

Great call by CB....what he did was call the play as it was happening which is obvious from the videos....am I mistaken or isn't that what a play by play announcer is supposed to do?? Maybe if he would have prophesied as Eibner was walking up to the plate that it was already a home run, everyone would have been happy :-).  Enjoy the win.... please!

thirtythree

Quote from: sooie84 on June 18, 2009, 01:57:00 pm
Great call by CB....what he did was call the play as it was happening which is obvious from the videos....am I mistaken or isn't that what a play by play announcer is supposed to do?? Maybe if he would have prophesied as Eibner was walking up to the plate that it was already a home run, everyone would have been happy :-).  Enjoy the win.... please!

I think the VAST majority have no problem with it. It's HiM that had issues with it and posted misleading information about it. He has a problem with CB and that's his business.

pigture perfect

The significance of Eibners home run is equal to the U.S. Reed shot ion basketball. It may not be remembered as such , but for us being in the final four of baseball, it's huge.

As for Chuck's calls, his only purpose is to keep us informed, not entertained. I think he does that in both sports adequately. HorninMemphis is wrong to Hate Chuck just because he might say something positive about the previous fb coach occaisionally. Let it go. Enjoy this season.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: thirtythree on June 18, 2009, 02:04:09 pm
I think the VAST majority have no problem with it. It's HiM that had issues with it and posted misleading information about it. He has a problem with CB and that's his business.
There you go again. I posted misleading info about his call of the HR shot? How so? Listen to Chuckles call it. Then after, he says it was a no doubter. Given how he called it, it was not a no doubter for him. He didn't call it out of the park until it was almost over the head of the OF'er. Some of you cannot be reasoned with.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Speedracer

Love the "that ball's hit pretty well".  I would say that pitch was CRUSHED.
Like smites bother me.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: TexHog188 on June 18, 2009, 09:38:38 am
Can't we just be happy for the hogs without bashing the announcers.. They are really such a small part of the game, really they are.

Exactly.

Wild Bill Hog

First thing I thought of was "It'll never make it.  It's too high."

thirtythree

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 18, 2009, 03:01:42 pm
There you go again. I posted misleading info about his call of the HR shot? How so? Listen to Chuckles call it. Then after, he says it was a no doubter. Given how he called it, it was not a no doubter for him. He didn't call it out of the park until it was almost over the head of the OF'er. Some of you cannot be reasoned with.

How do you know what he was sure of and what he wasn't sure of? How do you know where the ball was when he got excited about the hit only a couple of seconds after it was hit? Every replay I have seen it left television view it was so high. He said it was a no doubter during the replay after he saw how far it was. You say he is full of stuff. Sounded to me he knew exactly what he was doing.

Seemspretty misleading to me.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Speedracer on June 18, 2009, 03:08:21 pm
Love the "that ball's hit pretty well".  I would say that pitch was CRUSHED.
Exactly.

jmingram911

trippigs

Just watched Eibner's shot on ESPNU.......got chills again

deshahawg

That was defiantely an amazing hit.

hog-man

:razorback: very amazing hit!!!  :razorback:
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

1highhog

I hated Chuck and his sports show, I can't stand him doing the football games, but he's the man for calling the baseball games, I personally think he does a tremendous job.

HogFansReunited

I hate Chuck because of the crap that went on with HDN.  I also think Chuck is a horrible PBP guy for football.  When it comes to baseball though, Chuck does a great job.  You always know what is going on and he rarely misses a call.  No matter how much I hate him, I will give him credit for being one of the best baseball PBP guys.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

rzrbackrob

Hope chuck stays at UA calling baseball and Long finds someone else to call the football and basketball games.
The homerun with chuck calling it was a Razorback all time classic.
Don't let a Texass fan try to take anything away from the thrill of the play called by chuck.
Texass sucks :puke:
Good is the enemy of great

HogBaptist

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 18, 2009, 07:56:02 am
Not sure about that. He wasn't sure it was a homer until it was in the outfield. Then 30 seconds later says it was a, "no doubter". Chuckles seems like one of those people who is full of sh*t. Never sure where he really stands...depends on who is buttering his bread.

I am going to agree with everyone who says that you have some kind of bias against Chuck. 

Here is why:

You call him Chuckles.  Yes, you aren't the only one, but yet, this has a biased tone to it.  The call did not warrant the making fun of his name.

Then, the statements you made after that have nothing to do with the call. 

I don't agree with what Chuck has done for football.  I don't think he should be the voice of the Razorbacks football team, but I do think he calls a good game. 

I listened to the entire game last night, and really enjoyed it.  The fact that Chuck doesn't have anyone with him is amazing.  He keeps the game moving and entertaining. 

Sure, he may not have called that right off the bat, but if I'm not mistaken, he didn't have the view point advantage you did.  I believe he is directly behind and much higher than the field.

So, yes, I agree with the other people's assessment that you had a biased post above.

HatfieldHawg

Was that the biggest homerun in Razorback history?  I can't think of a bigger one.

elksnort

Quote from: PiggoBitttys on June 18, 2009, 09:46:26 am
Only HiM would find something to bitch about after this. Chuck does a great job calling the game. The vast majority agree with that. HiM can go whine all he wants, but it doesn't make him right.

I could care less, great call, even better hit and an amazing game! I won't forget this Hogs team!

Good call. That was one of the most interesting and exciting baseball games I've watched.