Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eibner's Homerun

Started by Supermark101, June 18, 2009, 06:37:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Supermark101

Hawgin84

SpareRib

A thing of beauty.  The team needed this and so did Eibner.  Thanks for the link.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

bigyellowdog

Great call by Chuckles.  I'll take him calling baseball over the ESPIN crew.

thirtythree

I didn't get to see the home run. I was in the car when it happened. I think I almost broke my steering wheel when he hit that. Just watched the video, and got goosebumps.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: bigyellowdog on June 18, 2009, 07:06:36 am
Great call by Chuckles.  I'll take him calling baseball over the ESPIN crew.
Not sure about that. He wasn't sure it was a homer until it was in the outfield. Then 30 seconds later says it was a, "no doubter". Chuckles seems like one of those people who is full of sh*t. Never sure where he really stands...depends on who is buttering his bread.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

thirtythree

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 18, 2009, 07:56:02 am
Not sure about that. He wasn't sure it was a homer until it was in the outfield. Then 30 seconds later says it was a, "no doubter". Chuckles seems like one of those people who is full of sh*t. Never sure where he really stands...depends on who is buttering his bread.

Just watched it again. You could tell as his voice was raising he knew it was gone. CB does a good job on PBP. I wouldn't take him over the ESPN guys, but he does a good job on baseball.

010HogFan

Quote from: thirtythree on June 18, 2009, 08:00:42 am
Just watched it again. You could tell as his voice was raising he knew it was gone. CB does a good job on PBP. I wouldn't take him over the ESPN guys, but he does a good job on baseball.

The ESPN guys blow.

010HogFan

Thanks for the highlight, that was awesome!

thirtythree

Quote from: 010HogFan on June 18, 2009, 08:11:59 am
The ESPN guys blow.

didn't start watching till the bottom of the 9th so I can't comment before that. From the time I started watching I though they did an excellent job. I believe they called the game the way it was going. Virginia squandered a lot of ooportunities and Dallas was a man child and they gave analysis on both.

010HogFan

Quote from: thirtythree on June 18, 2009, 08:14:27 am
didn't start watching till the bottom of the 9th so I can't comment before that. From the time I started watching I though they did an excellent job. I believe they called the game the way it was going. Virginia squandered a lot of ooportunities and Dallas was a man child and they gave analysis on both.

They did do a better job when the game finally got exciting. It was a snorefest before then.

thirtythree

Quote from: 010HogFan on June 18, 2009, 08:17:00 am
They did do a better job when the game finally got exciting. It was a snorefest before then.

I listened on the radio and you're right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: thirtythree on June 18, 2009, 08:00:42 am
What? Yeah, as I said, he knew it was gone after it reached the outfield. Who didn't? Then he says it was a no doubter, trying to cover up the fact that he didn't know it was gone when it left the bat as did most everyone just watching on TV. As for the ESPN guys, see my post on Mike Patrick I just put up. He doesn't even know how to spell baseball.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

thirtythree

June 18, 2009, 08:31:38 am #13 Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 08:34:18 am by thirtythree
He hit the ball at .15 seconds in. At .17 Chuck's voice is raised, saying that ball is hit pretty well. At .19 he says it is gone. He!!, ESPN didn't even know where ball was. You could see the camera pan left as soons as they recognized where it was.

How long does it take for a ball to fly out of the park? How long does it take to commentate it? I think he did a great job on the call.

On the replay of it at 1.02 he hit it and at 1.08 ESPN finds the ball. That is 6 seconds. It took Chuck only 4. Hardly a reason to bash Chuck on that call.

010HogFan

Quote from: thirtythree on June 18, 2009, 08:31:38 am
He hit the ball at .15 seconds in. At .17 Chuck's voice is raised, saying that ball is hit pretty well. At .19 he says it is gone. He!!, ESPN didn't even know where ball was. You could see the camera pan left as soons as they recognized where it was.

How long does it take for a ball to fly out of the park? How long does it take to commentate it? I think he did a great job on the call.

Yeah, they were in the middle of talking about something and Patrick didn't even break off the topic to say and THAT'S GONE or anything. He just kept rambling on and on about whatever it was and then....oh he just hit a homerun.

It was pretty pitiful for a game-changing moment like that.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: thirtythree on June 18, 2009, 08:31:38 am

I don't care enough to time the broadcast but that's jsut me. All i know is I knew it was out when it left his bat. I was watching on TV. I could tell it was gone when it left the bat by Eibner's swing and sound of the ball. Chuck was in the park and wasn't sure until the ball was in the OF. I think Chuck did an average job on the call and that is what Chuck is, average.

ua_hogs

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 18, 2009, 08:25:15 am
What? Yeah, as I said, he knew it was gone after it reached the outfield. Who didn't? Then he says it was a no doubter, trying to cover up the fact that he didn't know it was gone when it left the bat as did most everyone just watching on TV. As for the ESPN guys, see my post on Mike Patrick I just put up. He doesn't even know how to spell baseball.

You do realize that people who listen to the radio can't actually see the T.V., unless they have both on, right?  Chuck saw it and called it as he saw it, he doesn't have super powers because he does the PBP, he can't see it before anyone else. 

You must be a fan of Sunshine Rick who gets overly (homerun) excited about a shallow fly only to let you down when it is caught. 

Pastor_Hog

Funny you bring this up.  I was actually thinking Chuck has been doing a great job of calling the games in the CWS.  He is not my favorite for football, but I think he does a fine job for baseball.
Watch the Hogs on Saturday and worship Jesus on Sunday.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: ua_hogs on June 18, 2009, 08:36:02 am
You do realize that people who listen to the radio can't actually see the T.V., unless they have both on, right?  Chuck saw it and called it as he saw it, he doesn't have super powers because he does the PBP, he can't see it before anyone else. 

You must be a fan of Sunshine Rick who gets overly (homerun) excited about a shallow fly only to let you down when it is caught.
Why would you be listening only on the radio when game is on ESPN? Chuck was there in person obviously. He saw it at the same time I saw it on TV. And, if you think I like Rick, you don't know anything about me or my history as a Razorback fan.

thirtythree

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 18, 2009, 08:37:46 am
Why would you be listening only on the radio when game is on ESPN? Chuck was there in person obviously. He saw it at the same time I saw it on TV. And, if you think I like Rick, you don't know anything about me or my history as a Razorback fan.

Maybe because people are driving in their cars from somwhere trying to get home. I got lucky enough to see from the bottom of the ninth to the end.

It is very obvious you hate Chuck, but you are wrong on this point.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: thirtythree on June 18, 2009, 08:40:08 am
Maybe because people are driving in their cars from somwhere trying to get home. I got lucky enough to see from the bottom of the ninth to the end.

It is very obvious you hate Chuck, but you are wrong on this point.
Incredible. You get that I "hate Chuck" because i say he is average. Yeah, that's a rational and natural conclusion to draw. Some on here do not have the sense or intelligence that God gave a mouse. Really amazing.

ua_hogs

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 18, 2009, 08:37:46 am

Driving, No TV, etc. 

So he should call it faster than a normal person, although seeing it at the same time, because he is the PBP?  Again, PBP guys don't have super powers.

It was a jab, next time I will be more obvious.

thirtythree

No. This one did it for me.

QuoteChuckles seems like one of those people who is full of sh*t. Never sure where he really stands...depends on who is buttering his bread.

Semper Hogelis

Chuck does a great job calling the game. As far as him not getting excited about a no-doubter until it was gone. I'll take that anyday over Rick yelling everytime there is a ball out of the infield. "A hard hit ball to center, fielder going back. Caught for an out".
And lets not get on him about his football calling. He will always suffer in comparison to Paul. Those are shoes that will never be filled. No matter who took that gig. They weren't going to be liked. It's hard to replace a legend. I do have a problem with "Precious" or "Baby" or whatever he calls her. I can't remember. Chucks wife running around the Sky Boxes like she owns the place.
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

Semper Hogelis

Scott Inman wouldn't have been any better. The Little Rock $$ tried to force that one.
Quote from: Semper Hogelis on June 18, 2009, 08:53:22 am
Chuck does a great job calling the game. As far as him not getting excited about a no-doubter until it was gone. I'll take that anyday over Rick yelling everytime there is a ball out of the infield. "A hard hit ball to center, fielder going back. Caught for an out".
And lets not get on him about his football calling. He will always suffer in comparison to Paul. Those are shoes that will never be filled. No matter who took that gig. They weren't going to be liked. It's hard to replace a legend. I do have a problem with "Precious" or "Baby" or whatever he calls her. I can't remember. Chucks wife running around the Sky Boxes like she owns the place.
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: thirtythree on June 18, 2009, 08:47:10 am
No. This one did it for me.
You disagree with this assessment of Chuck? Did you ever listen to his radio show when Nutt was head coach? Did you hear things he said about the fanbase and about Nutt? Then, when Nutt left, did you hear what he said about Nutt and the fanbase? If you don't keep up, you shouldn't comment and certainly should not make judgements on others.

WhenPigsFly

CB does a great job on baseball PBP, IMO.  I think a lot of folks have let his comments on the HDN situation cloud their judgement on this.

Funny thing for me, tho, is I really don't care for his football PBP.  Almost grating, but I don't know why.

thirtythree

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 18, 2009, 09:18:12 am
You disagree with this assessment of Chuck? Did you ever listen to his radio show when Nutt was head coach? Did you hear things he said about the fanbase and about Nutt? Then, when Nutt left, did you hear what he said about Nutt and the fanbase? If you don't keep up, you shouldn't comment and certainly should not make judgements on others.

So, you can't seperate football, HDN's show and baseball?

We are talking about baseball here. I think he does a decent job on football. I never watched the HDN show, so I can't comment on that.

My opinion of how he does in baseball has nothing to do with anything else but that.

You can't seem to control your bias against him, so maybe you shouldn't comment on the baseball part of it since your basing your argument from the football aspect of it.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: thirtythree on June 18, 2009, 09:22:52 am
So, you can't seperate football, HDN's show and baseball?

We are talking about baseball here. I think he does a decent job on football. I never watched the HDN show, so I can't comment on that.

My opinion of how he does in baseball has nothing to do with anything else but that.

You can't seem to control your bias against him, so maybe you shouldn't comment on the baseball part of it since your basing your argument from the football aspect of it.
Now I am just biased against him? I thought I hated him?

little pigee

Great homerun!  No matter how you called it.  Or who called it.  Or when they called it. 
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

thirtythree

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 18, 2009, 09:29:11 am
Now I am just biased against him? I thought I hated him?

Isn't it relative? Why don't you tell us what it is then instead of all this guessing. It is very evident you have a problem with him and you are in the vast minority on that (as far as baseball is concerned).

TexHog188

Can't we just be happy for the hogs without bashing the announcers.. They are really such a small part of the game, really they are.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

chiefsfan

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 18, 2009, 09:18:12 am

Chuck was on the UA Payroll at the time he said alot of that stuff on Nutt and our fans.   If he had said anything bad about Nutt, he would have been run out on a rail
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

PiggoBitttys

Only HiM would find something to bitch about after this. Chuck does a great job calling the game. The vast majority agree with that. HiM can go whine all he wants, but it doesn't make him right.

I could care less, great call, even better hit and an amazing game! I won't forget this Hogs team!

NuttinItUp

One of the greatest Hog sports moments EVER.

bellavistamike

I came to this thread to hear folks talk about that great homerun and how it changed the World Series for the Hogs. Instead, I hear bashing of both the ESPN guys and Chuck. I'm wondering why folks are b*tching about something that doesn't matter, and then I'm wondering why they're not celebrating the Hogs win...

Lighten up guys and enjoy this game, this win and this post season run. How often do we get to go crazy over such good things happening with our teams?

WPS!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 18, 2009, 09:39:28 am
Chuck was on the UA Payroll at the time he said alot of that stuff on Nutt and our fans.   If he had said anything bad about Nutt, he would have been run out on a rail
Which agrees with my comment that Chuck goes with whoever is buttering his bread. He is biased and not very good at disguising it.

010HogFan

NuttinItUp

More impressive than the home run he hit the day before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj7ZDPrLsnY

...but that one was pretty good, too, haha.

hog-man

GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

Chris Ryan

That's up there with the Brady Crunch.

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 18, 2009, 10:25:55 am
Which agrees with my comment that Chuck goes with whoever is buttering his bread. He is biased and not very good at disguising it.

The tremendous irony of that statement is totally lost on you I'm sure. Boy, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. SHEESH!
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

thirtythree

Quote from: 010HogFan on June 18, 2009, 10:28:52 am
Another angle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVi3cnSETqA

That's great. I love the camera guy chasing him down the final stretch.

wbross20

anybody have the link for chuck's call of the double play?

hog-man

:razorback: WHAT A FREAKIN HOMERUM!!!!!  :razorback:
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

Hawgrox

Thanks for the vids...good stuff. I got in my truck about 9 o'clock and heard Chuck say "Hogs need a baserunner". That's when Cox was up. Then when Eibner nailed it I almost ran off the road. I got to watch the from the bottom of the ninth on. Great...GREAT freakin' game!

LibraryHog

I was at George's Majestic Lounge for the Trees for Mena benefit and the band was trying to play, but no one was paying attention because we were watching the game.  The place went NUTS when Eibner  hit that HR.  Never a better feeling to celebrate with about a hundred other hog fans!!!

TuckFexas

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 18, 2009, 10:25:55 am

Unless you're self-employed it's not wise to upset those that sign your paychecks. I don't like him personally, but he can damn sure call a baseball game. He occasionally makes a mistake while calling the game but he's also human. There's hardly ever a moment when he's calling a game that I don't know what is going on. I listen to the radio broadcast when there isn't an option to watch and often times it's hard to tell much difference. I know exactly what's going on and that's what a good pbp guy is all about.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

SemperHawg

Does anyone know how far it went?

He didn't just hit it out he absolutely destroyed it.

thirtythree

Quote from: SemperHawg on June 18, 2009, 01:02:37 pm
Does anyone know how far it went?

He didn't just hit it out he absolutely destroyed it.

I haven't seen any distancespublished anywhere, but it was a bomb.