Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tori Hunter.

Started by 1highhog, May 27, 2009, 12:47:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

I found this article on Tori hunter, it briefly mentions Shabazz as well.http://www.usatoday.com/sports/bbw/2005-06-16-hunter-exclusive_x.htm

1highhog

This kind of story just shows you how messed up people get on this stuff.  A helper of mine turned to using Crack, he was a good kid, nice as you would find.  But once he started using, he started stealing and even stole several times from his Mom and Dad.  He was sent to prison for 14 months, was clean for about 3 weeks, then went right back to it.  Now, he's living in the streets in Little Rock.

1highhog

According to Tori Hunter, the deal surrounding Shabazz getting arrested on the UCA campus was because of Tori's dad.  He even says that his dad probaly hurt Basil's chance to make it in the league.  I know this has been posted before, but in case someone missed it here is the link of Shabazz in his playing days.http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/sports_blog_post.asp?pID=4335

1highhog

I kinda wish there was a way someone could get Shabazz maybe to talk with some of the young men we have playing now for the hogs and kinda give them a pep talk regarding their life and making the most out of the opportunities that they have been given, or somthing like that.

weresoclose

I heard something about Tori trying to bring Shabazz to MLB with him wherever he went after this incident at UCA.  Didn't know the details.  Wasn't grades the issue Basil couldn't play college football?  Makes you wonder what if, what if.....

1highhog

From all heard it was his grades that kept him out of going to the Uof A.  He would have been special, no doubt about it.  I wish the best for him.

V. V. Hawg

I know one of Tori's HS teamates.  Tori has some of them up for a few series every year and Shabazz is usually there with them.

Not to be a tool, but its Torii.

1highhog

Thanks for the spelling help Karma, but even on ESPN they have spelled it Tori, go figure.

weresoclose

I refuse to spell it with 2 "i"s