Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bill Vickery on 1037 the Buzz today:

Started by Golferhog, October 08, 2017, 08:33:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Golferhog

Did anyone hear his comparison of the Hogs to the Vietnam War.  Sad to say it was a pretty accurate parallel. 

Lanny

Did Bill compare President Johnson to Jeff Long?
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Golferhog

Quote from: Lanny on October 08, 2017, 08:35:06 pm
Yes and Bielema was compared to General Westmoreland.  Just send me 50,000 more troops and another year and we'll turn this thing around.

Bacons Rebellion

Ken Burns is going to give us a lot of Vietnam analogies for a while.

hoglady

I love Vickery.
Had to miss his show this morning - bet he was spot on and fired up.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

PORKULATOR

I've spoke with him. He told me I sound like Harold Lederman.lol
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Sho Nuff

Vickery does a great job.  I'd much rather hear him instead of Dave and Sully.  They need to give him a weekday gig.

lasthog

Quote from: Lanny on October 08, 2017, 08:35:06 pm

How about comparing Jeff Long's "Why  I fired BP" presser to the Gulf of Tonkin incident?

(Okay, I dug deep. Anybody else here old enough to know what I'm talking about?)

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: lasthog on October 08, 2017, 11:57:06 pm
How about comparing Jeff Long's "Why  I fired BP" presser to the Gulf of Tonkin incident?

(Okay, I dug deep. Anybody else here old enough to know what I'm talking about?)

Yep.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: lasthog on October 08, 2017, 11:57:06 pm

I drove through Gizzerville once but didn't stop. So I don't get the point.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

lasthog

Quote from: ChitownHawg on October 09, 2017, 02:23:40 am
I drove through Gizzerville once but didn't stop. So I don't get the point.  ;)

Ok, Gulf of Tonkin incident was a report fabricated by the Johnson administration of hostile action taken by the North Vietnamese in the Gulf of Tonkin.

This falsehood was used successfully to gain support in congress for escalation of the Vietnam war.

So, it could be compared to JL firing CBP because he wanted to for his own reasons, and took the opportunity to capitalize on The Motorcycle Affair to justify his actions.

I admit the comparison is a stretch and flawed, but Lanny started this with his LBJ/JL comparison. Just having a little fun with it.

Speaking of falsehoods, your claim to have passed through Gizzerville, a/k/a Geezerville, is obviously untrue; when one enters Geezerville they can check out anytime they like, but they can never leave.

And you will get there yourself if you drive long enough.
  ;) :)

ChitownHawg

Quote from: lasthog on October 09, 2017, 07:31:13 am
Ok, Gulf of Tonkin incident was a report fabricated by the Johnson administration of hostile action taken by the North Vietnamese in the Gulf of Tonkin.

This falsehood was used successfully to gain support in congress for escalation of the Vietnam war.

So, it could be compared to JL firing CBP because he wanted to for his own reasons, and took the opportunity to capitalize on The Motorcycle Affair to justify his actions.

I admit the comparison is a stretch and flawed, but Lanny started this with his LBJ/JL comparison. Just having a little fun with it.

Speaking of falsehoods, your claim to have passed through Gizzerville, a/k/a Geezerville, is obviously untrue; when one enters Geezerville they can check out anytime they like, but they can never leave.

And you will get there yourself if you drive long enough.
  ;) :)

Oh I'm old enough to be a resident - I just refuse to be. When I asked the Captain to bring me my wine and he says they haven't had that spirit since 1969 - I knew Geezerville wasn't for me.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

The OTR

I heard it. He was awfully smug about the comparison. He could have made the point in 2 minutes and moved on but he kept riding that dead horse for 30 minutes...or at least that's as long as I could stand it.  A mildly amusing thought but not worth a 30 minute diatribe.

lasthog

hoglady

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 09, 2017, 07:50:44 am
I heard it. He was awfully smug about the comparison. He could have made the point in 2 minutes and moved on but he kept riding that dead horse for 30 minutes...or at least that's as long as I could stand it.  A mildly amusing thought but not worth a 30 minute diatribe.

It's pretty easy to get caught up in a diatribe when talking about the state of the Arkansas football program.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

We Americans often wonder in hindsite, how the hell did this happen.  Wars, Presidential Elections, Congress Failures, Teacher Pay, Big Business Footholds, Useless Football Coaches, oh wait, speaking of that.  Really think, how did Bret Bielema ever become the head coach of the Razorbacks.  Correct Answer:  Several well paid people failing in sequence, to know and do their jobs.  Details that were right in front of noses could have prevented this.  Does anyone other than the IF FACTOR POSTERS, really believe the Razorbacks could successfully operate a POWER RUN SCHEME at Arkansas.  First Clue:  Arkansas at its best is 7 or 8 in conference in recruiting and usually in the Teens.  All the blue chip O & D Linemen are taken by that time.  Without BLUECHIP LINES, you cannot run the durn ball, period.

wachhog

Quote from: Golferhog on October 08, 2017, 08:37:21 pm
Yes and Bielema was compared to General Westmoreland.  Just send me 50,000 more troops and another year and we'll turn this thing around.
Pretty good analogy. Westmoreland tried to fight guerilla warriors using WWII battle plans. Doggedly stubborn with no creativity. Stuck in the past,  and it condemned him to failure. Trouble is the two of them were so arrogant they darned near took down this whole nation rather than admit their failure.

Razorbackers

lasthog

Quote from: wachhog on October 09, 2017, 11:03:32 am
Pretty good analogy. Westmoreland tried to fight guerilla warriors using WWII battle plans. Doggedly stubborn with no creativity. Stuck in the past,  and it condemned him to failure. Trouble is the two of them were so arrogant they darned near took down this whole nation rather than admit their failure.

The military has been accused by some as always preparing to fight the previous war.