Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WHY THE FREAK DONT WE RUSH THE COURT?!!!!!!!

Started by westyuark, March 10, 2008, 09:11:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

westyuark

It seems like every college is doing it and yet we cant rush the court, or we dont have people that want to!!!! What is it? I don't understand. I'm freaking pumped after we beat a good team, and we sit there and sing that sad, little song at the end.. Come on people!!!!!!! We should'a rushed the court at least when we beat Vandy; some would argue that they aren't that good. But we see this little piss ant schools rushing the court and they beat worse teams than we play all year. We look pitiful to all these other schools who are rushing the court. What does anyone else think about this? I'm just ready to rush the court and bring something new to the spirit and arena.

FootballHog

We have been there before.

We aren't a mid major.

It would make us look inferior.

It would be a huge fine.

westyuark

Syracuse is currenlty just as big a program as we are and they rushed the court against Georgetown. Oklahoma State a mid-major? What is a huge fine? I bet the university could shell out a little money for the enthusiasm.

FaytownHog

that's the truth, the main reason is the fine, the sec has a committment by all schools that this isn't to be done, and there's a BIG fine for it. we definantly have been there before though, got to act like it! now, when we beat tenn in 99 and carried the goal post down to dickson, that was ok! lol. and hilliarious, you would have thought we won the national championship!
Quote from: FootballHog on March 10, 2008, 09:12:24 pm

We aren't a mid major.

It would be a huge fine.

FaytownHog

is it worth $25,000? http://media.www.dailyorange.com/media/storage/paper522/news/2007/02/27/Sports/Battle.Vanderbilt.Students.Rushing.Court.Comes.With.25000.Price.Tag-2744872.shtml
Quote from: westyuark on March 10, 2008, 09:15:47 pm
Syracuse is currenlty just as big a program as we are and they rushed the court against Georgetown. Oklahoma State a mid-major? What is a huge fine? I bet the university could shell out a little money for the enthusiasm.

FootballHog

Quote from: westyuark on March 10, 2008, 09:15:47 pm

It just goes to show you how much Syracuse has slipped the past couple of years.

I think the SEC is the only conference who fines Universities if fans rush the court.

The Hog Blogger

http://www.stormingthefloor.com/2008/02/rules-for-storming-floor.html

Here's a nice guide. Under these rules, Vandy wouldn't have been acceptable.

Granted, the SEC fines are a big reason why we don't, but there should also be some sort of exception for teams who have won championships in the modern era. (See: Syracuse)

cthog99

Quote from: FootballHog on March 10, 2008, 09:18:14 pm
It just goes to show you how much Syracuse has slipped the past couple of years.

I think the SEC is the only conference who fines Universities if fans rush the court.

we have slipped alot farther than syracuse has. the won a championship in 2003, won the big east in 2004. when have we done that recently. 10-6 last year and then being snubbed, and then 9-9 this year with 2 of their best players out most of the year is not slipping that much.

FaytownHog

syracuse wasn't snubbed last year, their hall of fame coach also happens to be a crybaby! they didn't play ANY good away games and this year they won't make it either. it's been a while since i've seen a program go from winning the title to next to nothing that fast. it just proves it's a LOT about the players (carmelo anthony). it takes great coaching too, but you can't just have one or the other!
Quote from: cthog99 on March 10, 2008, 09:21:10 pm
we have slipped alot farther than syracuse has. the won a championship in 2003, won the big east in 2004. when have we done that recently. 10-6 last year and then being snubbed, and then 9-9 this year with 2 of their best players out most of the year is not slipping that much.

westyuark

I dont understand why the SEC did that and no other conference has done it. Why shouldn't any major D1 conference ever rush the court?

cthog99

Quote from: lildrummerboy2004 on March 10, 2008, 09:23:46 pm
syracuse wasn't snubbed last year, their hall of fame coach also happens to be a crybaby! they didn't play ANY good away games and this year they won't make it either. it's been a while since i've seen a program go from winning the title to next to nothing that fast. it just proves it's a LOT about the players (carmelo anthony). it takes great coaching too, but you can't just have one or the other!

oh really, you haven't? if i recall, UCONN won the national championship in 2004 and didn't even qualify for the NIT last year.

Next to nothing? they went 9-9 in one of the best conferences in the nation with their point guard and best shooter out for the entire year.

FaytownHog

and if it wasn't for their coach they wouldn't even be heard of any more than any other mediocre team in the east, i forgot about uconn, although they are semi on the way back, like i said, it takes great coaches AND players, they lost omeka ocafor after their title.
Quote from: cthog99 on March 10, 2008, 09:27:24 pm
oh really, you haven't? if i recall, UCONN won the national championship in 2004 and didn't even qualify for the NIT last year.

Next to nothing? they went 9-9 in one of the best conferences in the nation with their point guard and best shooter out for the entire year.

cmakrzrbak

Rushing the court is reserved for major upsets and dramatic victories in key games.  If anyone would have rushed the court against Vandy, they would lose their hetro card for good.  This is just silly

"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

FaytownHog

lol, yea if anyone knows anything about hog basketball it's that we can beat anyone at home. no surprises, just the same as i wouldn't have been that suprised to loose by 20 to vandy

claytongray

Quote from: Cooper on March 10, 2008, 09:22:02 pm
I've said it a thousand times: No team in a major D1 conference should ever rush the court for any reason. Ever.

Ever!

Correct.

FaytownHog

lol. that's funny, but mostly true, all the one's around the floor are old people with big money, most of which are leaving with 2 minutes left with the game still on the line...lol. i guess the student section and bubba hog could run down there, all the other young broke people are up top!
Quote from: bbrj on March 10, 2008, 10:09:36 pm
Please tell your not serious.  The risk of injury is unbelievable.  Plus, 80% of the Arkansas crowd is over 70.  It would look like slugs rushing the salt flats.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: cthog99 on March 10, 2008, 09:27:24 pm

Uconn lost 6 players to the NBA, five to the first round if memory serves me correct.  Last year they had a bunch of young players who didn't gel very well.  This year they are ranked.  They are back.  Syracuse however has fallen from national prowess and doesn't look like they are getting better.

As for rushing the court, it should only be done in dramatic victories or major upsets.  This year BYU was down by 3 against rival Utah with 2 minutes to play when on a fourth and 27 we launched a 50 yard bomb and caught it.  We drove down the field, scored a touchdown, and won.  That is a time to rush the field. 

Beating mediocre ranked opponents is not worth it.  Next year when we beat Ole Miss at home, I will rush the field just to rub it in Nuttjobs face.  Had we beaten LSU at home last year it would've been appropriate to rush the field.  Most cases it is not needed however.

gettinpiggywithit

Quote from: westyuark on March 10, 2008, 09:11:17 pm
It seems like every college is doing it and yet we cant rush the court, or we dont have people that want to!!!! What is it? I don't understand. I'm freaking pumped after we beat a good team, and we sit there and sing that sad, little song at the end.. Come on people!!!!!!! We should'a rushed the court at least when we beat Vandy; some would argue that they aren't that good. But we see this little piss ant schools rushing the court and they beat worse teams than we play all year. We look pitiful to all these other schools who are rushing the court. What does anyone else think about this? I'm just ready to rush the court and bring something new to the spirit and arena.

Fines, cops, jail time, and pepper spray come to mind.
Let those who do, do. Let those who spew, spew.

cthog99

Quote from: ajs15razorman on March 10, 2008, 10:42:27 pm
Uconn lost 6 players to the NBA, five to the first round if memory serves me correct.  Last year they had a bunch of young players who didn't gel very well.  This year they are ranked.  They are back.  Syracuse however has fallen from national prowess and doesn't look like they are getting better.

Usually, you don't come back to a national power when your point guard and your best shooter are out for the entire year. they have 3 young players in paul harris, johnny flynn, and donte greene. If all 3 of them come back next year, syracuse will defenitely be a top 15 team

ALLVOL

I agree with some of the others on here. You are Arkansas and you have been there and done that in BB. Arkansas is one of the all time top programs. Plus the injury issue as well. Some of us are working on getting our program to where yours is. But I dont think it would be appropriate for us to do so either.

Tejano Jawg

So who, besides Tennessee, have we played that's worthy of rushing the court for?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

rude1

We aren't a mid major.

It would be a huge fine.
Agreed, we are a program thats been there and done that, we are no strangers to big wins, just maybe not so in recent history. Thats usually for teams that have pulled off the major upset. Beating Vandy was no major upset, it's one of the few teams in the SEC in recent memory that we have had good sucess against.

idiotghos

1999 auburn was appropriate.

We haven't had another game that would've been in recent memory, though.

hog.goblin

Not a fan of rushing the court (or field).  But who have we beat that would warrant it?

FaytownHog

i was at that game! that was AWESOME! and we had just beaten kentucky the week before, what a great week!
Quote from: idiotghos on March 10, 2008, 11:20:57 pm
1999 auburn was appropriate.

We haven't had another game that would've been in recent memory, though.

WholeHogSmoker

I think this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  Rushing the court?   Were not the small college who just beat Arkansas, We are Arkansas who has been on this stage before.   

WholeHogSmoker

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 10, 2008, 10:54:37 pm
I agree with some of the others on here. You are Arkansas and you have been there and done that in BB. Arkansas is one of the all time top programs. Plus the injury issue as well. Some of us are working on getting our program to where yours is. But I dont think it would be appropriate for us to do so either.

Wow, thanks AllVol.  Nice compliment and shows me that your fan base has been observing and ready to become a nice basketball school. 

kuhog

Programs that are expected to win, don't rush the court after a big victory. When was the last time you saw Duke, Kansas, or North Carolina fans rush the court?

cityhog

hei5manhog

I don't think there is ever a reason to rush the floor..at home..in this day of college basketball where there are only a handful of national powers, and even they are watered down.  Maybe if you knock of number 1 on a buzzer beater, i can see the raw emotion taking over there.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

cthog99

Quote from: cashmoneyman_04 on March 11, 2008, 12:05:12 am
we rushed the floor when brewer hit the game winner against florida a few years back.....but rushing the floor against vandy.....imagine what ESPN would have said......we would have been bashed

i'm not saying vandy is worth rushing the court, but why would we have been bashed. i've seen major programs rush the court this year, and nobody says anything. just that it is part of the college game

40MINSOFHELL

the economy is bad, why do we need to waste our money on fines??

HOGSWEAT

I'm just pissed that you called "O Lord It's Hard To Be Humble" a sad little song.

-1 for you. :)

Table Rocker

PeytonManningSUCKS

We aren't a mid major.

It would be a huge fine.
I was gonna say cause we've been there before too, but you might also add, cause we're not Vandy.  Should we release a commemorative DVD about insignificant regular season wins too?

Swino

I just want the band to run around the floor/arena.  I'm tired of the hog mild band. 

Quote from: Cooper on March 10, 2008, 09:29:26 pm
• We have more pride than that.
• We've been there before.
• It's bush-league.
• It's gay.
+1.  I would have been disappointed if Vandy was considered a big enough win to storm the court.

Vandyhog4

Students should never rush the court after winning a game that your team is expected to win.  I expect Arkansas to win every home game; therefore, the Arkansas students should never rush the court.

hogsanity

Rushing the court is stupid, unless you beat #1, and it may still be stupid then.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

tbhogfan

Beating Vandy is not worth rushing the court over.   This is a team that has won an NCAA championship and has been to several Final Fours. 

There is an old Lou Holtz quote about end zone celebrations:  "Act like you have been there before, and expect to be there again."
Go Hogs!

ALLVOL

Quote from: WholeHogSmoker on March 11, 2008, 12:02:25 am
Wow, thanks AllVol.  Nice compliment and shows me that your fan base has been observing and ready to become a nice basketball school. 
It's just the truth. I hope we get to the stature that Arky is in Mens BB. Our women's BB team is there. If (according to mathhog) that worthless overrated coach Pearl stays at UT long enough we might approach it. But we have a long way to go. KY and Arky are the BB schools in the SEC. I know UF won back to back and that is nothing to sneez at. But they still need to keep it up for more than a few years to reach the history and tradition of Arky and KY IMO.

Hogginitall

Weren't we favored in that game?  That would've been hilarious!  Well, hilarious and really sad at the same time.  Absolutely ridiculous thread...

hog.goblin

How about we compromise.  You rush the court and the rest of us will watch you.

cthog99

Quote from: theProdigy on March 11, 2008, 11:39:01 am
We don't rush the court and we don't chant overrated.... leave that stuff to the George Mason's of the world.  Our goals should reach far beyond beating a team ranked above us in the polls.

really, we dont chant overrated? where were you this year?

kimjongsqUeAl

Don't we need to have a BIG win to have a reason to storm the floor??  If the Hogs beat a #1 team or win the SEC Tournament, I'll storm that floor with the best of 'em my friends!!
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

FaytownHog

that would be hillarious, one or two guys with like 40 yellowjackets on em! lol
Quote from: hog.goblin on March 11, 2008, 12:02:13 pm
How about we compromise.  You rush the court and the rest of us will watch you.

IronHog

This post proves my theory that NWA is now made up of Wal-Mart transplants from Ohio and Kansas.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

idiotghos

Quote from: Cooper on March 11, 2008, 02:50:52 pm
Glad to see that in your eyes we are nothing but a mid-major program.

I just typed in the words "rush the court" on youtube and found videos of

Notre Dame
Maryland
Texas A&M
Syracuse
Florida State
Indiana
Nebraska

rushing the court, just on the first page of results.

cthog99

Quote from: theProdigy on March 11, 2008, 11:39:01 am
We don't rush the court and we don't chant overrated.... leave that stuff to the George Mason's of the world.  Our goals should reach far beyond beating a team ranked above us in the polls.

at least they have made it to the final four in the past 5 years, wait change that...win a game in the tournament

WholeHogSmoker

Quote from: AR Taco04 on March 11, 2008, 02:34:06 am
I'm just pissed that you called "O Lord It's Hard To Be Humble" a sad little song.

-1 for you. :)

And again from me for that one.