Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What are two reasons why you feel Arkansas has a good chance saturday?

Started by Sweet Feet, October 05, 2017, 12:12:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet Feet

What are reasons why you feel Arkansas has a good chance vs South Carolina this weekend?

GingerHog

1.) South Carolina's O-Line may be worse off than the Hogs' O-Line

2.) David Williams will likely be highly motivated and hopefully plays like his hair is on fire

Bubba's Bruisers

1.  I've been told SC can't run the ball.

2.  I've been told SC can't defend the run.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

PonderinHog

hoggusamoungus

blu

AA and his receivers.

A more diverse offensive scheme the past couple of weeks.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

LRHawg

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on October 05, 2017, 12:36:19 pm
1) - Will Muschamp

1a) - Will Muschamp

Beat me too it.

I'll add, we tend to match up well against teams that don't have mobile quarterbacks, plus their best receiver is out for the year, which somewhat negates Pulley's injury.

Kevin

there o line, is worse than ours.

there defense is good, but thin in numbers
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

GunnerHawg70

1.  Hogs offense comes out on fire and will not play conservative "keep away" football for 4qtrs.

2.  Hogs defense will not give up the "big play", put pressure on USCe QB Brantley and force him to make erratic/hurried throws.

:o

EulessHog

1) We make our first field goal.
2) They give up before we do.
Go Hogs Go!

Deep Shoat

1. SCe started the season mediocre and are trending toward suck.

2. Arkansas started the season mediocre and are trending towards decent.
All Gas, No Brakes!

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

hogcard1964

I've been told Muschamp is an awful coach and they have no offense.

...and it's (SC) the next SEC "dumpster fire".

jcbville

1. Jeff Long
2. CBB

Specifically J.L. will use his Yankee wizardry and if that fails CBB and CKA will eat Will Muschamp and Jake Bentley.

Woo Pig!  8)

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Their offensive line is beat up and riddled with injuries. Our DL has their best game of the season and Bentley will be wearing a grass cape
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ChicoHog

1.  I think we are more talented.  Spurrier did not recruit well his last couple of years and even though Muschamp is a good recruiter this is only his second year and has not built the depth yet.

2.  I believe our D will play well and hold them to less than 21 points and we will score in the 30's. 

Bacons Rebellion

1. Their injured.

2. We're just a little bit better than they are.

3. A hurricane will show up and we won't have to play the second half.

riccoar

Ditto on Williams.  Expect him to be "point proving" ready.  Get our ground game rolling and it all flows from there.

GTOWNHOG

It will be a close game.  SC led TA&M in College Station late in the game.  We don't have a reliable FG kicker.  If we DO win, it won't be by much.
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

SemperHawg

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Deep Shoat on October 05, 2017, 01:27:44 pm
1. SCe started the season mediocre and are trending toward suck.

2. Arkansas started the season mediocre and are trending towards decent.

We are?

USCe has actually beaten a P5 team that is now ranked.

Junkyard Hog

Elvis P Hogg

Quote from: SemperHawg on October 05, 2017, 01:58:36 pm
1. Large amounts of #Uncommon
2. The 5 edges

1) A really good week of practice
2) Good things are coming

PORKULATOR

Quote from: GingerHog on October 05, 2017, 12:19:12 pm
1.) South Carolina's O-Line may be worse off than the Hogs' O-Line

2.) David Williams will likely be highly motivated and hopefully plays like his hair is on fire
these'll do.

Could also go with :
1. Wr's starting to emerge.
2. AA finally figured out how to step up INTO THE Pocket instead of continuing to back up and take sacks.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Ben

If we do, itl be because Arkansas's improving offense, and Scar's declining offense

Playing on the road will be hard, and SCar has between a now ranked P5 team (NCST) as mentioned earlier. They are Jerkyll and Hyde. Beat NC St and play close on the road to TAMU on the road, but lose to Kentucky and were down 16-0 in the 4th to LT.
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

HungryHog

Quote from: PORKULATOR on October 05, 2017, 02:13:22 pm
these'll do.

Could also go with :
1. Wr's starting to emerge.
2. AA finally figured out how to step up INTO THE Pocket instead of continuing to back up and take sacks.

1.  The new windbreaker
2.  Tears

HardCore

Quote from: jcbville on October 05, 2017, 01:34:03 pm
1. Jeff Long
2. CBB

Specifically J.L. will use his Yankee wizardry and if that fails CBB and CKA will eat Will Muschamp and Jake Bentley.

Woo Pig!  8)

Sarcasm...I assume?
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hobhog

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on October 05, 2017, 02:32:42 pm
1.   Arkansas is tired of hearing about how bad they are, and come out firing.
2.   David Williams has a score to settle

good.

allredhog

1.  No Deebo Samuel for USCe. Even though he has not played the last 2-1/2 games, he still has 40% of their touchdowns

2.  We have enough weapons on office to score on their defense.

GO HOGS!!  Beat Gamecocks!!🐗
A redhead married a redhead and had redheaded children and all are HOGS!

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

pigz

Quote from: allredhog on October 05, 2017, 03:39:10 pm
1.  No Deebo Samuel for USCe. Even though he has not played the last 2-1/2 games, he still has 40% of their touchdowns

2.  We have enough weapons on office to score on their defense.

GO HOGS!!  Beat Gamecocks!!🐗

I'll 2nd this
You guys have a good time frig dancing

By around game 5 each season, our players wake up, realize they really weren't in mental or physical condition early on in the season and so they work harder, get better and for about 5 games until about game 10, they play about as good as they can considering the coaching.  By game 10, even they realize whats up and so they go back in the crapper the last 2 or 3 games of the season.  WE ARE ENTERING GAME 5.

I have been told that SC has multiple injuries to starters and if so, we night have a chance.

AFWarrior83

Hogville member since 2005.

hawgon

Rayzback

They're still hungry....

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: EulessHog on October 05, 2017, 01:14:04 pm
1) We make our first field goal.
2) They give up before we do.
Holy Toledo!!!!  You really think we can do that??

31to6

Quote from: Sweet Feet on October 05, 2017, 12:12:09 pm
What are reasons why you feel Arkansas has a good chance vs South Carolina this weekend?
We do well against teams with bad offenses.
They have a bad offense.

Swestwill66

Martygit

Might have been said before, but:

1. SC sucks;

2. Ark doesn't suck quite so much
RIP OTR, REV

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

SultanofSwine

The OTR

DoctorSusscrofa

I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton