Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next Game @ MIZZOU

Started by The_Iceman, February 08, 2014, 06:07:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Let's get this out of the way. We are almost certainly going to lose this game. Their 3 big guards are a horrible matchup for us and they play extremely well in their gym. Plus, the hostile Anti-Mike crowd will be almost as bad as the Jump Ball forum and will push them even further.

So, we are most likely looking at 4-7 SEC record going into home games vs. LSU and South Carolina. South Carolina should be a for sure win, but LSU is a very tough matchup. They are playing good basketball right now, have size inside, and quick guards. But, if we pull out two wins there, we are back to 6-7 going into the final home stretch of:

@ Miss State
@ Kentucky
vs. Georgia
vs. Ole Miss
@ Bama

It's still possible folks. Go 3-2 to close it out and we are 20-11 (9-9) on the season. Probably not enough to get you into the NCAA, but likely enough to make the NIT. With a win or two in the SEC-T, maybe even a high NIT seed.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 08, 2014, 06:07:39 pm
Let's get this out of the way. We are almost certainly going to lose this game. Their 3 big guards are a horrible matchup for us and they play extremely well in their gym. Plus, the hostile Anti-Mike crowd will be almost as bad as the Jump Ball forum and will push them even further.

So, we are most likely looking at 4-7 SEC record going into home games vs. LSU and South Carolina. South Carolina should be a for sure win, but LSU is a very tough matchup. They are playing good basketball right now, have size inside, and quick guards. But, if we pull out two wins there, we are back to 6-7 going into the final home stretch of:

@ Miss State
@ Kentucky
vs. Georgia
vs. Ole Miss
@ Bama

It's still possible folks. Go 3-2 to close it out and we are 20-11 (9-9) on the season. Probably not enough to get you into the NCAA, but likely enough to make the NIT. With a win or two in the SEC-T, maybe even a high NIT seed.

Nothing is a sure thing! I think the Hogs can do it!

Breems

If I'm reading correctly, Vandy's RPI was 66. That's a good number for a road win.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

The_Iceman

Quote from: Breems on February 08, 2014, 06:20:16 pm
If I'm reading correctly, Vandy's RPI was 66. That's a good number for a road win.

That will help for sure. Not sure anything below an SEC-T run will get us into the Big Dance, but we absolutely have to get into the NIT for the sake of our program.

The NIT is a least some forward momentum for us.

dgfclt

@ Miss State
@ Kentucky
vs. Georgia
vs. Ole Miss
@ Bama

I could see a win.  It isn't that far fetched.

High Octane Hog

@ Miss State
@ Kentucky
vs. Georgia
vs. Ole Miss
@ Bama

I agree. I see us going 500. But...... I think we can still big dance with that record because of our top 50 rpi wins compared to other teams that will get an at large. Of course a win or two at the SEC tournament over a couple more top 50's would help. I don't see us winning at mizzou, but I sure would like to kick the arse in the sec tournament.

Hogvillage Idiot

Another black and gold team.  Who knows?  Maybe we break out the Anthracite again.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

HawgnCorona

This is  the game I want us to win, Bad...Pay back is a [censored]!!!

Mizzouman, you are ok with me but I hate Mizzou!!!  >:(
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

razorbackchamps94

I think we can win @ miss st and Bama .. Finish 21 and 10

Atlhogfan1

9-9 is still very possible. Win @ MSU or Bama.  Head to SECT needing to win at least 2 for NCAAT.

But it did take 10-16 from 3 and our pressure creating pts to win by 2 on the road against a no depth Vandy. 

One at a time.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

chiefhawg

Missouri players are calling each other out during the post game. Clarkson "saying some dudes ain't come to play". "Some players not taking coaching". That is not a good sign for them coming from a player.

Uncle SI

Guys let's just be happy with the win today. Too many times do we win and we all start talking about all these games that we "could" win. Lets not forget we have a losing record in conference. Lets be grateful for todays win and only look to the next game.
I get tired of logging on here after a lost and the program is in shambles and Mike has never coached before. Then we pull off a win, one that we were favored, and we're talking like we can make some miracle run.
I wish we can make some big run as much as the next guy but just a little tired of the radical sides we take after each game.
Sorry if I'm being a downer just speaking the truth.
Good win today, next up Missery. 
:razorback:
First time, long time, great topic, love the show.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: chiefhawg on February 08, 2014, 07:26:55 pm
Missouri players are calling each other out during the post game. Clarkson "saying some dudes ain't come to play". "Some players not taking coaching". That is not a good sign for them coming from a player.

Good to hear. Keep the in fighting going Mizzou...Thanks for sharing.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 08, 2014, 06:21:28 pm
That will help for sure. Not sure anything below an SEC-T run will get us into the Big Dance, but we absolutely have to get into the NIT for the sake of our program.

The NIT is a least some forward momentum for us.

I was going to post, oh lucky us, going to the NiT!

But you're right, if we could qualify, that would at least show movement in the right direction and post season play of any kind will be good experience for this young team.

baby steps
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on February 08, 2014, 07:41:42 pm
I was going to post, oh lucky us, going to the NiT!

But you're right, if we could qualify, that would at least show movement in the right direction and post season play of any kind will be good experience for this young team.

baby steps

I would expect more minutes from Scott and Harris against Mizzou

High Octane Hog

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on February 08, 2014, 07:43:38 pm
I would expect more minutes from Scott and Harris against Mizzou
Your man Stan is on ESPN

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: High Octane Hog on February 08, 2014, 07:47:08 pm
Your man Stan is on ESPN

He is not my man and I think Scott's playing time will be much against Mizzou. Harris is the matchup problem that scares all Mizziu fans. Scott, Wade, Clarke, Harris and Madden all step up BIG in Mizzou

High Octane Hog

February 08, 2014, 07:52:40 pm #17 Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 10:47:20 pm by High Octane Hog
Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on February 08, 2014, 07:50:00 pm
He is not my man and I think Scott's playing time will be much against Mizzou. Harris is the matchup problem that scares all Mizziu fans. Scott, Wade, Clarke, Harris and Madden all step up BIG in Mizzou
Again I think your being sarcastic.

Hog1952

Look for FCJ to blame the refs and say MA is the greatest coach of all time.
I want Eddie Sutton back.

hogsanity

Quote from: chiefhawg on February 08, 2014, 07:26:55 pm

That's their version of " they punking you ".
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on February 08, 2014, 07:50:00 pm

Why Harris and Scott?

ChicoHog

Quote from: Hog1952 on February 08, 2014, 10:15:39 pm
Look for FCJ to blame the refs and say MA is the greatest coach of all time.
I want Eddie Sutton back.
Awesome!  +1

High Octane Hog

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on February 08, 2014, 11:32:36 pm
Why Harris and Scott?
Poster is being sarcastic, check his posts in other threads about Scott and Harris. This dude is secretly a mizzou fan who is butt hurt that MA came here. He just likes to troll.

pigture perfect

Gonna be tough. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

rzrbkf4n

It's gonna be close loss I think.  :-\

dgfclt

@ Miss State
@ Kentucky
vs. Georgia
vs. Ole Miss
@ Bama

UA has a very good chance of winning this game.

HF#1

If we lose @ Mizzou, we better win out if you want to make the tournament.  If you beat Mizzou, lose to KY, and win the rest, I think we are one of the last 4 in.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Beaverfever

I don't buy that they are a terrible matchup for us.  They turned the ball over 19 times against us the first time and they were lucky it wasn't 30.  Our style looked like it affected them more than any team we've played in conference.  They got their share of calls, had the ball bounce their way but made some big shots. 

Breems

Quote from: Beaverfever on February 10, 2014, 03:53:22 pm
I don't buy that they are a terrible matchup for us.  They turned the ball over 19 times against us the first time and they were lucky it wasn't 30.  Our style looked like it affected them more than any team we've played in conference.  They got their share of calls, had the ball bounce their way but made some big shots. 

They shot very well because they were able to get good shots off on us.

They did indeed look rattled against the press. Clarkson looked lost.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Beaverfever on February 10, 2014, 03:53:22 pm

Yeah I don't think it's a terrible matchup at all, other than obviously being a road game.

They have some size on the perimeter, but we should still be able to contest shots if the Hogs don't allow themselves to be over-extended time and time again.

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Danny J

They are going to hammer us on the boards I am afraid.

Beaverfever

I've never seen a team get away with as many travels as Mizzou did in that game. 

Beaverfever

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on February 10, 2014, 04:01:42 pm
They are going to hammer us on the boards I am afraid.
As far as matchups go this is the main problem.  They beat the hell out of us on the boards.  Their guards can shoot and are big and rebound like it.  That's their biggest asset as a team though and they have that advantage against most teams.  We get out-rebounded either way though.  I don't think they can slow the game down without the officiating going their way.  I'm no expert by any means but if I had to say one way or the other I'd say we're the bad matchup for them. 

three hog night

I'm not going to have any expectations for Mizzou because of the CMA and Haith influence.  What I am looking for is for us to be competitive and let the chips fall where they may.  From Mizzou on, I expect us to have continual improvement if Wade, Scott and Bell can provide rest for Madden, Haydar and Gulley.  Harris and Qualls have to get out of their funk.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.