Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

British Stocks May Prosper in 2017 and Beyond

Started by BigBrandonAllenFan, January 20, 2017, 03:13:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBrandonAllenFan

I was just kinda thinking, which with my old noggin really isn't that dangerous.  Anyways, it's not been made a huge issue during the campaign, but with Trumps shake ups coming in the trade systems, the United Kingdom stands to benefit the most.  Trump has quietly acknowledged Great Britian is ally number one, and for soundest of reasons. Not to mention Trump applauded the UK on brexiting the European union.  Trump will be more than happy to help the UK grow the pound imo.
When the trade shake ups come, and they are coming, Great BritIan is going get legitimate favoritism I believe. British funds may be really good for a long term.

DeltaBoy

I agree and I talked to my Edward Jones Rep about it.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BigBrandonAllenFan

February 10, 2017, 12:52:07 pm #2 Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 09:04:15 am by BigBrandonAllenFan
Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 10, 2017, 11:40:34 am
I agree and I talked to my Edward Jones Rep about it.

When I posted this thread on Jan 20, Rolls Royce stock closed at $688.00 per share.  Yesterday it closed $733.00 per share.

https://www.google.com/#q=rolls+royce+stock

When one thinks leader in the British world of engineering one's mind automatically thinks Rolls Royce.  They make bad@ss stuff.  They make a cr@p ton of precision engines that power about anything and everything you can imagine. 

To me, Rolls Royce's sudden surge is a very good sign for the London markets almost top to bottom.  I saw it coming.  Take a little information, calculate it and come up with the answer.  Self imposed market insight.  Thinking ahead of the curve.  ;) I could be wrong though.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on January 20, 2017, 03:13:18 pm
I was just kinda thinking, which with my old noggin really isn't that dangerous.  Anyways, it's not been made a huge issue during the campaign, but with Trumps shake ups coming in the trade systems, the United Kingdom stands to benefit the most.  Trump has quietly acknowledged Great Britian is ally number one, and for soundest of reasons. Not to mention Trump applauded the UK on brexiting the European union.  Trump will be more than happy to help the UK grow the pound imo.
When the trade shake ups come, and they are coming, Great BritIan is going get legitimate favoritism I believe. British funds may be really good for a long term.
Well it will be most interesting to see what happens after Brexit hits in practice as well as theory. I tend to agree that the U.K. is rather smart to make the move when they did. And while it will likely cause some "heart burn" and disruption as they lose some of their financial pull with some jobs moving out to the mainland, I think in the end they'll likely be fine. IMO the British were also wise to far sighted enough to have kept the pound sterling and to never officially adopt the Euro, which is currency headed to BASKET CASE status.

There are many pundits who feel that over the next year or so we very well may see the Euro head the way of the infamous "Do Do Bird" (i.e. extinct). While I'm not economist, I happen to agree. If you think Brexit was a "shot across the bow" just wait until the REAL financial issues on the European mainland start coming to a head. Here a just a few:

Once again the Greeks are very much in danger of going "belly up" as a country. This is an issue that has been dealt with off and on for the past five years or so and every time they get ready to default they come running to the European Central Bank and ask for forgiveness, debt restructuring/rollover, and promise to get their act together. Problem is they're only fooling themselves that they have the ability and true will to seriously deal with their whole national insolvency. The only thing they're ever really doing is delaying the inevitable and the big bad Germans who continue to go along with this foolishness will very likely tell them to go "fly a kite".

The Italian economy, especially the banking system, may be in a bigger mess than the Greeks. Unfortunately the vast majority of their financial firms continue to hold bad debts from the last global mess back in 2008. Rather than going ahead and "biting the bullet" and writing down/off the bad loans they've just held on to them and pretending as if the day of reckoning will never come. That's why you've seen virtually every major Italian bank scrambling to come up with additional loans/lifelines that aren't being taken up by the financial markets who know better. When this massive "house of cards" finally falls in on itself the results won't be pretty, either for Italy itself of the European Union as a whole.

And then there's the growing nationalism in places like France, Belgium and other such where national elections over the next few months may set the stage for the voters in these various countries to tell the central bankers/politicians to "take a hike" to centralized interference and decision making from Brussels. Yep, the "revolution" as some would call it that brought Trump into office is being felt in other areas of the world. More and more the citizens of other countries seem to be adopting a "let's take our economic and political future back from the bureaucrats who know us not" attitude. This does not bode well for those who think that centralized planning-the one size fits all-approach is the inevitable and continuing way of the future. All I can say is that I would SHORT the Euro, go long the DOLLAR and hold on for a very nice gain indeed.