Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anybody have any good low price stocks to buy?

Started by kingoftherapids, September 08, 2016, 09:38:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kingoftherapids

young and single so going after something that is volatile is okay for me to do. any suggestions?

ricepig

ETP(Energy Transfer Partners) pays around 10.5% dividend and is a $40 stock some think could be a $70 stock in a few years. I bought some last week, we'll see how correct the predictions are, lol.

Duke of Swine

I like Enterprise Partners and Targa Resources -- Enterprise is an MLP so you will have K1 to deal with, but I've held them for a couple of years and haven't had any issues getting the K1 in time -- both are solid midstream players in the energy sector and pay a good divvy

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: kingoftherapids on September 08, 2016, 09:38:08 am
young and single so going after something that is volatile is okay for me to do. any suggestions?
Are you talking about stocks or wimmens?

ricepig

Quote from: ricepig on September 08, 2016, 10:40:49 am
ETP(Energy Transfer Partners) pays around 10.5% dividend and is a $40 stock some think could be a $70 stock in a few years. I bought some last week, we'll see how correct the predictions are, lol.

Well, looks like a long hold while they pay me my dividend, haha.

HawgWild

Nothing wrong with holding when you're getting a dividend like that.

TheJoeyBucketz

What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

BigBrandonAllenFan

November 13, 2016, 03:54:07 pm #8 Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 04:04:29 pm by BigBrandonAllenFan
I bought a ton (50% 0f portfolio) of FSESX (Fidelity Select Energy Services) the Tuesday one week before the election, gambling that Trump would win the election.  I am already up 6% in 8 days of NYSE trading, an average of 3/4% per day to this point.

In late 2014, FSESX was priced at over $100 per share.  With new policies detrimental to the energy service workers implemented by the Obama administration in 2014, the fund took a hard nose dive and had fallen to a 5 year low of $38 last month, I bought in at $45.04 per share, and obviously given the recent push from $38 (5 yr low) to $45 (when I bought), some investors has already made the Trump gamble.  I wish I'da bought at $38, but oh well, it's just getting started.  Trump is putting our American energy service workforce back to work, and I expect a return to near $100 per share within a year on the fund.

I usually don't key folks in on stocks this hot, but there you go.

Any energy services stock is the market's best play right now.  Not crude oil and natural gas itself as a commodity, but the north American service companies that produce it.

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/fund/fsesx

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on November 13, 2016, 03:54:07 pm
I bought a ton (50% 0f portfolio) of FSESX (Fidelity Select Energy Services) the Tuesday one week before the election, gambling that Trump would win the election.  I am already up 6% in 8 days of NYSE trading, an average of 3/4% per day to this point.

In late 2014, FSESX was priced at over $100 per share.  With new policies detrimental to the energy service workers implemented by the Obama administration in 2014, the fund took a hard nose dive and had fallen to a 5 year low of $38 last month, I bought in at $45.04 per share, and obviously given the recent push from $38 (5 yr low) to $45 (when I bought), some investors has already made the Trump gamble.  I wish I'da bought at $38, but oh well, it's just getting started.  Trump is putting our American energy service workforce back to work, and I expect a return to near $100 per share within a year on the fund.

Any energy services stock is the market's best play right now.  Not crude oil and natural gas itself as a commodity, but the north American service companies that produce it.

yesterday the nasdaq was down 0.4 percent. Fsesx was up 1.1percent. That's when you know a stock is surging.

BigBrandonAllenFan

I don't know if anyone played follow the leader, but if you did, you are dancing like me.  Today, the above stated fund I tipped you guys on, was up $1.63 per share or 3.38%.  It closed at $49.84.  Schlumberger and Baker-Hughes are the two major companies in the fund at 17% each.  I bought it ten trading days ago at $45.04.  Up 11% now in that short time span,  The stock traded at $100 per share in September of 2014, then Obama's energy policies strangled the business, and it took a free fall in the next 4 months.

Anyways, today's closing graph for proof of proof>

BENTON PIGGEE

Amazon is down $100/share to $740. It's not cheap per share, but it is cheap compared to its' 200 day moving average.

I actually sell options on exchange traded funds in my SEP IRA and have nearly doubled my account since February. It sounds risky, but selling cash-secured puts and covered calls on etfs can actually be safer than buying and holding individual stocks. You must, however, have the discipline to never sell at a loss. That was really hard to do during the oil crash, but I did it.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on November 16, 2016, 08:03:25 amYou must, however, have the discipline to never sell at a loss...
Golden rule of trading.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Now up another 7% for a total of 13% winner in 3 weeks.  FSESX is out performing the NASDAQ average by about 4 to 1.

Again, I expect a minimum of 50% profit by late spring.  That's when I'll probably sell, although I may hold for a near double up if things continue to look good.  Opportunities this good don't come along very often..

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/Fund/FSESX?countrycode=US

One other note, gold is falling fast, down below $1200 today, and by February, it will probably tumble to below $1100 per oz.  I will be looking to buy FSAGX (Fidelity Select Gold) at that point.

ricepig

My old broker told me, "you'll never go broke taking a profit". Of course, she failed to mention the commissions she was getting, haha.

BigBrandonAllenFan

November 24, 2016, 12:35:14 pm #15 Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 03:06:44 pm by BigBrandonAllenFan
Quote from: ricepig on November 24, 2016, 08:15:28 am
My old broker told me, "you'll never go broke taking a profit". Of course, she failed to mention the commissions she was getting, haha.
normally, I would have quickly sold the fsesx buy by now and took the13 percent profit in 3 weeks and ran.  But not this time. This is not a normal deal.  Baker Hughes is the funds major player, HQ'd in Houston, which just happens to be nearest to the newly discovered world's largest shale oil bed. BH stock has surged about 23 percent since October 1st, while BH's largest competitor schlumberger, which is HQ'D in the united kingdom a half a world away from west Texas shale, has remained relatively flat. Anyone unaware that baker hughes is going to be the MAJOR winner in the west Texas shale bed/trump energy agenda combo deal is asleep on the job.

ricepig

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on November 24, 2016, 12:35:14 pm
normally, I would have quickly sold the fsesx buy by now and took the13 percent profit in 3 weeks and ran.  But not this time. This is not a normal deal.  Baker Hughes is the funds major player, HQ'd in Houston, which just happens to be nearest to the newly discovered world's largest shale oil bed. BH stock has surged about 23 percent since October 1st, while BH's largest competitor schlumberger, which is HQ'D in the united kingdom a half a world away from west Texas shale, has remained relatively flat. Anyone unaware that baker hughes is going to be the MAJOR winner in the west Texas shale bed/trump energy agenda combo deal is asleep on the job.

The adage still applies, I said nothing about when you decide to exit your position.

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on November 16, 2016, 12:20:23 pm
Golden rule of trading.

Very true. Of course, like any rule, there are exceptions to the rule. Those exceptions include possibility of bankruptcy and accounting irregularities.

ricepig

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on November 24, 2016, 03:43:38 pm
Very true. Of course, like any rule, there are exceptions to the rule. Those exceptions include possibility of bankruptcy and accounting irregularities.

Yeah, I've had some commodity trades where I knew I was correct, it's just that the other side of the trade had more money, haha.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: ricepig on November 24, 2016, 03:40:27 pm
The adage still applies, I said nothing about when you decide to exit your position.
I was not disputing you, RP. The adage is undisputable. Just offering a little insight there.

BigBrandonAllenFan

What would an OPEC cut in production mean for United States based energy services and suppliers?

I think there is a slim chance at best that OPEC can afford to cut production, especially at this point in time given all the tangibles.  OPEC talks such as this have been going on and off for 12 months now with no action.  It appears these latest talks are dead wood just like the previous talks.

As for what it matters for the small investor as ourselves, if they did cut production it will only add another shot into the already strengthening arm of American energy service companies.  Good thing is, they've already gotten their major shot in the arm with a Trump presidency to come, and it will continue to be an effective shot with or without the effects of OPEC.

Informative MarketWatch article on the latest OPEC talks>

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-an-opec-output-deal-could-catapult-us-producers-back-to-stardom-2016-11-23

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on November 24, 2016, 05:54:58 pm
What would an OPEC cut in production mean for United States based energy services and suppliers?

I think there is a slim chance at best that OPEC can afford to cut production, especially at this point in time given all the tangibles.  OPEC talks such as this have been going on and off for 12 months now with no action.  It appears these latest talks are dead wood just like the previous talks.

As for what it matters for the small investor as ourselves, if they did cut production it will only add another shot into the already strengthening arm of American energy service companies.  Good thing is, they've already gotten their major shot in the arm with a Trump presidency to come, and it will continue to be an effective shot with or without the effects of OPEC.

Informative MarketWatch article on the latest OPEC talks>

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-an-opec-output-deal-could-catapult-us-producers-back-to-stardom-2016-11-23

I agree. That's why when the oil etf USO went below $10 a couple of weeks ago, I sold 50 $10 puts for $2500 expiring 11/25. They're now worth $50. When they again do nothing at the opec meeting 11/30 and oil goes down, I'll probably sell more puts.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on November 24, 2016, 06:30:44 pm
I agree. That's why when the oil etf USO went below $10 a couple of weeks ago, I sold 50 $10 puts for $2500 expiring 11/25. They're now worth $50. When they again do nothing at the opec meeting 11/30 and oil goes down, I'll probably sell more puts.

BP, I can tell you dang near anything about investing in the NASDAQ mutual funds, and I can spy a hot company pretty well from across the country, but you lost me on the "puts".

Please excuse my ignernce sir, but exactly what is a put?

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on November 24, 2016, 09:13:08 pm
BP, I can tell you dang near anything about investing in the NASDAQ mutual funds, and I can spy a hot company pretty well from across the country, but you lost me on the "puts".

Please excuse my ignernce sir, but exactly what is a put?

An option is a way to bet whether or not a stock will go up or down by a certain amount by a certain date. With 1 option, you can control the profit or loss of 100 shares of a certain stock for much less $ than owning those 100 shares.

A put, short for put option, is a bet that a stock will go down by a certain amount by a certain date. If I bought a put on USO today at $10 with an expiration date of December 2nd, and USO was below $10 on that date, that option would be worth more than what I paid for it when I bought it. I might buy that put for $50 but that option might be worth $200 when USO goes below $10/share, so I would get $150 profit, or 300% profit, in 8 days.

If you have a 401k, it won't let you trade options, but my SEP IRA and taxable account does.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on November 24, 2016, 06:30:44 pm

Back about 9 or 10 months ago in thread here in this forum, I said in best assessment I thought oil would be between $45 and $50 per bbl in December to end the year, and I further stated I thought it would be nearer to the low side of that estimate.  Right now I am pretty much dead on with that prediction.

I've said this before too, I don't think we will see under $45 per bbl any time in 2017, and I also assessed that by late spring in 2017, crude will be approaching $60 per bbl and will level off for the remainder of 2017 near that mark.

It simply isn't in any of the oil produces best interest to drop prices any further.  With the pick up in American production on the horizon, oil needs to maintain at $50 per bbl to be profitable.  The big money sonnies will make sure that happens.  Bet the pig farm on that.  Back when oil hit $26 per bbl, I also stated we will never see oil that low again.  I'm sticking with that like glue.  That was a freak anomaly in my best assessment.

All that said, no matter what OPEC does or does not do, below $45 probably isn't happening.  I'd bet against it.  I wouldn't look for a drop after 11/30.  I think the chance is better that we see a slight increase back nearer to $50.

I may be wrong...

We'll will see in about 6 months how all that assessment junk of mine goes, but my documented track record here in this forum has been near flawless.

"George only here to help."  George of Jungle

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on November 24, 2016, 09:29:15 pm
An option is a way to bet whether or not a stock will go up or down by a certain amount by a certain date. With 1 option, you can control the profit or loss of 100 shares of a certain stock for much less $ than owning those 100 shares.

A put, short for put option, is a bet that a stock will go down by a certain amount by a certain date. If I bought a put on USO today at $10 with an expiration date of December 2nd, and USO was below $10 on that date, that option would be worth more than what I paid for it when I bought it. I might buy that put for $50 but that option might be worth $200 when USO goes below $10/share, so I would get $150 profit, or 300% profit, in 8 days.

If you have a 401k, it won't let you trade options, but my SEP IRA and taxable account does.
When you trade options do you hedge your gamma and theta, or just your delta?
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on November 24, 2016, 09:29:15 pm

Ah.  I understand.  Sounds a little risky for my blood.  I'm a mutual fund kind of guy. Mutual fund risk is basically the minimum risk you can ask for in the world of stocks...As long as you are paying attention everyday to what you are doing that is. 

I look ahead for subtle market tangibles when I buy.  I always try to put two and two together so to speak.  It has worked for me as a winner always.  I've bought and sold hundreds of mutual funds and have yet to cash out a single loser.  And every stock I bought had tangible indicators I had sniffed out before the purchase.  I never buy a fund without a tangible working in my favor. It just takes a little time to catch and dissect them.  And the trick is creating your insight before the mainstream does the same and then they all jump on board and it is too late to catch the bus because the stock has already had it's zoom.  I've missed the bus a lot of times too.   

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: golf2day on November 24, 2016, 09:34:11 pm
When you trade options do you hedge your gamma and theta, or just your delta?

I don't hedge or use the greeks except beta. I find an etf volatile enough to give me a 3-5% return over 8-31 days using covered calls and cash-secured puts. I use MACD, RSI/Stochastics, and ADX as technical indicators. I do make $$ on theta decay but I just look at my indicators and the option prices.

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on November 24, 2016, 09:41:27 pm
Ah.  I understand.  Sounds a little risky for my blood.  I'm a mutual fund kind of guy. Mutual fund risk is basically the minimum risk you can ask for in the world of stocks...As long as you are paying attention everyday to what you are doing that is. 

I look ahead for subtle market tangibles when I buy.  I always try to put two and two together so to speak.  It has worked for me as a winner always.  I've bought and sold hundreds of mutual funds and have yet to cash out a single loser.  And every stock I bought had tangible indicators I had sniffed out before the purchase.  I never buy a fund without a tangible working in my favor. It just takes a little time to catch and dissect them.  And the trick is creating your insight before the mainstream does the same and then they all jump on board and it is too late to catch the bus because the stock has already had it's zoom.  I've missed the bus a lot of times too.

You sound like me in 1998. I hope your strategy continues to work. I didn't start trading until I opened a brokerage account.

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on November 24, 2016, 09:45:06 pm
I don't hedge or use the greeks except beta. I find an etf volatile enough to give me a 3-5% return over 8-31 days using covered calls and cash-secured puts. I use MACD, RSI/Stochastics, and ADX as technical indicators. I do make $$ on theta decay but I just look at my indicators and the option prices.
Can you teach me how you use beta to trade options? I understand beta in the scheme of individual stocks and funds, but I only understand delta, theta, gamma, and vega in relation to options.

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: golf2day on November 24, 2016, 10:00:05 pm
Can you teach me how you use beta to trade options? I understand beta in the scheme of individual stocks and funds, but I only understand delta, theta, gamma, and vega in relation to options.

Beta is just the volatility of a certain stock. A beta of 1.2 means it's 20% more volatile than the s&p 500. It correlates highly with option premiums. You can look at beta or the price of the options and it'll tell you pretty much the same thing.

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on November 24, 2016, 10:16:20 pm
Beta is just the volatility of a certain stock. A beta of 1.2 means it's 20% more volatile than the s&p 500. It correlates highly with option premiums. You can look at beta or the price of the options and it'll tell you pretty much the same thing.
I know what it is. How does it help you trade options?

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: golf2day on November 24, 2016, 10:21:38 pm
I know what it is. How does it help you trade options?

I just look at implied volatility of the options and it highly correlates with the option premium. I like a 3% or higher option price compared to the stock price for an 8-31 day option at or near the money. I think what you are doing may be more complicated than what I'm doing.

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on November 24, 2016, 10:28:01 pm
I just look at implied volatility of the options and it highly correlates with the option premium. I like a 3% or higher option price compared to the stock price for an 8-31 day option at or near the money. I think what you are doing may be more complicated than what I'm doing.
So you just trade off low implied volatility plays?

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: golf2day on November 24, 2016, 10:31:46 pm
So you just trade off low implied volatility plays?

No, high implied volatility. XBI, for example, will have a 35% implied volatility for an at the money put of 2 weeks duration, which translates to an option price of 3-4% of the value of the etf. I SELL puts and calls, so I want an option premium as high as possible. Understand?

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on November 24, 2016, 10:49:10 pm
No, high implied volatility. XBI, for example, will have a 35% implied volatility for an at the money put of 2 weeks duration, which translates to an option price of 3-4% of the value of the etf. I SELL puts and calls, so I want an option premium as high as possible. Understand?
Sure. So you sell options on highly volatile stocks/etfs and bank on the market having overpriced their future volatility. I bet that has done well the last 7-8 yrs with real volatility being so low. Do you plan to change your strategy as the markets come back to real life with the removal of central bank assistance?

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: golf2day on November 24, 2016, 11:00:02 pm
Sure. So you sell options on highly volatile stocks/etfs and bank on the market having overpriced their future volatility. I bet that has done well the last 7-8 yrs with real volatility being so low. Do you plan to change your strategy as the markets come back to real life with the removal of central bank assistance?

No. My CFP recommends continuing the strategy. I really don't care if the market has overpriced the volatility or not. If a cash-secured put expires worthless, I just sell another one the next week. If a covered call expires worthless, I still have those shares to do it again the following week. Right now I'm about 50% cash. When the market is extremely oversold, I may go to 0% cash. If it's extremely overbought, I may end up with 100% cash.

What's your strategy?

HawgWild

ricepig

Quote from: HawgWild on November 25, 2016, 11:21:08 am
I have the winning Powerball ticket Saturday.  ;D

Dang, I guess you'll have to split it with me.

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on November 25, 2016, 10:44:57 am
No. My CFP recommends continuing the strategy. I really don't care if the market has overpriced the volatility or not. If a cash-secured put expires worthless, I just sell another one the next week. If a covered call expires worthless, I still have those shares to do it again the following week. Right now I'm about 50% cash. When the market is extremely oversold, I may go to 0% cash. If it's extremely overbought, I may end up with 100% cash.

What's your strategy?
I am a licensed FA, so forgive me not giving specific securities.

My strategy changes according to where I aniticipate the markets going. When I anticipate low vol I sell covered calls and sell puts on positions I want to own. When I aniticipate higher vol I stay away from those as I would hate to have to sell at 100 when the stock is at 125 or buy at 100 when the stock is at 75.

Currently I am overweight cash, overweight short term individual quality corps and treasuries, overweight energy, overweight blue chip dividend payers, and underweight small caps and everything growth. For long term horizon clients I utilize Shillers Cape ratio and overweight undervalued sectors and underweight overvalued sectors.

I think DT's stated policies will help spur the economy, which will help long term asset prices, but I have a simply policy- when the equity markets are at all time highs and central bank accommodation is also at all time highs i get defensive.

All that to say that I don't have a stated strategy per se as much as I adjust to what the markets give me. I simply can't manage my clients money as aggressively as I do my own. I am 35 yrs old and it's not unusual for me to put 25% of my investable assets into a speculative play like DWTI or buying puts on a stock going into their earnings announcement.

I read you guys talking about never selling for a loss and I'm jealous. I am judged on quarterly performance and just holding a losing position until it rebounds just isn't practical in my world. You have to limit your losses and ride your winners in my world.

HawgWild

BENTON PIGGEE

golf2day, I hear you on the flexibility. I am now over 50% in cash and my only trading positions are xbi and uso. I also own some aapl, amzn and lmt as buy and holds. Sounds like you know what you are doing. Good luck! Also, sorry for derailing the thread.

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on November 25, 2016, 05:55:32 pm
golf2day, I hear you on the flexibility. I am now over 50% in cash and my only trading positions are xbi and uso. I also own some aapl, amzn and lmt as buy and holds. Sounds like you know what you are doing. Good luck! Also, sorry for derailing the thread.
Good luck to you as well!

ricepig

Quote from: HawgWild on November 25, 2016, 02:03:22 pm
You said that last time.  ;D

I guess there was some mistake, they didn't choose my numbers, oh well, back to the salt mines.....

HawgWild

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on November 24, 2016, 09:30:14 pm
Back about 9 or 10 months ago in thread here in this forum, I said in best assessment I thought oil would be between $45 and $50 per bbl in December to end the year, and I further stated I thought it would be nearer to the low side of that estimate.  Right now I am pretty much dead on with that prediction.

I've said this before too, I don't think we will see under $45 per bbl any time in 2017, and I also assessed that by late spring in 2017, crude will be approaching $60 per bbl and will level off for the remainder of 2017 near that mark.

It simply isn't in any of the oil produces best interest to drop prices any further.  With the pick up in American production on the horizon, oil needs to maintain at $50 per bbl to be profitable.  The big money sonnies will make sure that happens.  Bet the pig farm on that.  Back when oil hit $26 per bbl, I also stated we will never see oil that low again.  I'm sticking with that like glue.  That was a freak anomaly in my best assessment.

All that said, no matter what OPEC does or does not do, below $45 probably isn't happening.  I'd bet against it.  I wouldn't look for a drop after 11/30.  I think the chance is better that we see a slight increase back nearer to $50.

I may be wrong...

We'll will see in about 6 months how all that assessment junk of mine goes, but my documented track record here in this forum has been near flawless.

Per Reuters this AM:

Oil prices fell as much as 3 percent on Tuesday on signs leading oil exporters were struggling to agree to a deal to cut production to reduce global oversupply.

The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries will meet in Vienna on Wednesday and aims to implement an agreement outlined in September to cut output by around 1 million barrels per day (bpd), from around 33.82 million bpd in October.

But key OPEC members appear to disagree over details of the agreement and some analysts have suggested the meeting may fail to reach a deal or to produce one that is unworkable.

"We now see a very low chance for an OPEC cut," said Bjarne Schieldrop, chief commodities analyst at Nordic bank SEB.

Man, I have derailed this thread bad. I'll start an oil thread soon.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on November 29, 2016, 08:02:57 am
Per Reuters this AM:

Oil prices fell as much as 3 percent on Tuesday on signs leading oil exporters were struggling to agree to a deal to cut production to reduce global oversupply.

The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries will meet in Vienna on Wednesday and aims to implement an agreement outlined in September to cut output by around 1 million barrels per day (bpd), from around 33.82 million bpd in October.

But key OPEC members appear to disagree over details of the agreement and some analysts have suggested the meeting may fail to reach a deal or to produce one that is unworkable.

"We now see a very low chance for an OPEC cut," said Bjarne Schieldrop, chief commodities analyst at Nordic bank SEB.

Man, I have derailed this thread bad. I'll start an oil thread soon.

Crude oil is up 8% this morning to over $48 per bbl. 

Reuters may not know as much as I do, again, simply by formulating my own insight. 

Look at the crude oil chart below, and the most subtle yet very strong indicator to me was, when the price dipped to 44.86 mid-day Tuesday (yesterday), it rebounded like a QT wave instantly to back over $45 per bbl.  That told me there was no way the market was going to allow below $45 per bbl on oil prices.  Just wasn't happening.  I've been saying this since April right here in thread.  The dip and rebound just looks like a blip on the graph, but it speaks loud volumes in insight..

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/future/crude%20oil%20-%20electronic

ricepig

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on November 30, 2016, 09:47:26 am

Reuters may not know as much as I do, again, simply by formulating my own insight. 

Look at the crude oil chart below, and the most subtle yet very strong indicator to me was, when the price dipped to 44.86 mid-day Tuesday (yesterday), it rebounded like a QT wave instantly to back over $45 per bbl.  That told me there was no way the market was going to allow below $45 per bbl on oil prices.  Just wasn't happening.  I've been saying this since April right here in thread.  The dip and rebound just looks like a blip on the graph, but it speaks loud volumes in insight..

Crude oil is up over the "potential" OPEC deal, should it go wayside, it will go down as quick.

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on November 30, 2016, 09:47:26 am

Good call! (However)I don't think a daily chart is a good indicator, so you may have gotten lucky. I almost sold put options yesterday, didn't quite reach my price target, would have been up over $2000 today if I had. This was a binary event, and ricepig is right, it wasn't a done deal that we knew of at the time you posted.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: ricepig on November 30, 2016, 10:37:34 am
Crude oil is up over the "potential" OPEC deal, should it go wayside, it will go down as quick.

If the deal had went by the wayside (again) oil would have remained level at worst.  Now that the measly cut has been announced, the price has surged today.  The actual amount of the cut is actually miniscule in being any difference.  It is the "news" itself that drives the price ahead.

RP, I've been in this forum for over a year now, and have made numerous market calls, all CORRECT.  I would invite you to recheck my posts/predictions/documented trades and find where I have missed a single time.  I have the best intuition of anyone in this forum, and I am better than the large majority of people that get paid to do what I offer for free.

No one has to listen, I just offer up my research and insight to my fellow Arkansan's as a past time.