Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 28, 2024, 03:08:33 pm

Question for Mod

Started by WizardofhOgZ, August 24, 2017, 05:52:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

Specifically, the mod who moved this thread from MMQB to this board.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=636205.0

BTW, if I knew who it was (the mod), I'd have sent a PM instead of asking here (I've ALWAYS thought that if a mod moves a thread, he/she should PM the OP as a courtesy AND to avoid threads like this).

I get that, as football season draws near, we don't want to clutter the board with "non-Razorback" related posts, which are allowed in the off-season.

But I do not understand booting this thread after only a few hours.  No, you don't need one for every transfer.  But - there are transfers . . . and then there are transfers.  Very few players at Arkansas in recent years arrived with more interest and anticipation than Peavey did.  And I'll bet there were as many words posted about him as there have been for any recruit who never played a down.  It's obvious - to me - that there was and remains a great deal of interest in this young man, who handled the entire process with class and dignity, and never hid his pro-Arkansas feelings.

It would be one thing if there were repeated posts/threads about him.  But this was a simple update, a year after he transferred.  I thought there would be a great interest in this information and the fact that 1,500+ looked at it in just a few hours confirms that.  I have no problem with it ultimately being moved here, but think it was a knee-jerk and premature reaction to move it so quickly.  Now, many who would have had a great interest in reading it will miss it.  We all know that this forum gets less than 10% of the traffic of MMQB.  Said another way - what was the harm in leaving it on MMQB for a couple of days, and then moving it over here - after most folks would have logged in and had a chance to see it (not EVERYONE logs in daily)?

For the most part, you guys (mods) do a pretty good job, IMO.  But there are times when you are just too quick with the trigger (and this comes from someone who has had the thankless job of being a mod on various boards in the past).

I now see that Twist it up started posting update threads on other players - perhaps that motivated you to this.  I submit a better solution would have been (a) to PM Twist it up to refrain; and (b) move his posts under the Peavey thread. 

ImHogginIt

August 24, 2017, 06:22:29 pm #1 Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 02:25:21 am by ImHogginIt
Yeah you would think a thread on a guy who grew up a Hog fan with both parents being Arkansas grads and was a total class act while a Razorback would remain on MMQB. Hope he wins the starting job at SMU