Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Leach

Started by Therealluke, September 07, 2019, 10:01:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Therealluke

Should We Hire Mike Leach Next Season?

TebowHater

We could have last season but turned him down. Won't be able to afford him next season, not sure he'd even come.

phadedhawg

I hated this hire more than most but he needs more time. 

onebadrubi

We've turned down the following, kiffin,  venables, and Leach. Potentially all three 2 different coaching searches. 

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 07, 2019, 10:05:52 pm
We've turned down the following, kiffin,  venables, and Leach. Potentially all three 2 different coaching searches. 

You don't know this for certain.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Given that we won't have a head coach opening, I don't think Leach would come be an assistant.

Athog

onebadrubi

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 07, 2019, 10:09:02 pm

Ummmm, kiffin and venables both said they interviewed for the job.  I think it was also heavily rumored leach wanted the job 

Oliver

We should have hired Leach instead of Morris. But no Morris is here for at least two more seasons

TNRazorbacker

He's who I wanted to begin with. Would have been perfect here.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 07, 2019, 10:14:57 pm
Ummmm, kiffin and venables both said they interviewed for the job.  I think it was also heavily rumored leach wanted the job 

A lot of people interview for different jobs. Doesn't mean they got passed up if it didn't work out. But again, rumors aren't certainty. But it doesn't matter at this point.

TheSlacker

As someone who lives in the 'burbs of Seattle, I read/hear lots of the crazy stuff about Leach.  He is bat darn crazy, and would do no better (and probably worse) than Morris.  He's a perfect fit right where he is at.

TebowHater

Quote from: TheSlacker on September 07, 2019, 11:11:47 pm
As someone who lives in the 'burbs of Seattle, I read/hear lots of the crazy stuff about Leach.  He is bat darn crazy, and would do no better (and probably worse) than Morris.  He's a perfect fit right where he is at.

Literally awful take. TTU was the most irrelevant program in the world and he turned them into a respectable team if not power. He did the exact something too WSU. Unlike CCM who has lost everywhere he's been an HC, Leach has won everywhere he's been an HC...each time taking over a program in the dumps and turning them into that. Zero reason he wouldn't be better than Morris, personality be what it may (frankly, he's hilarious)

GoHogs1091

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 07, 2019, 10:09:02 pm

Venables interviewed for our Head Coach job in 2012.  It was in an article.

He schooled Jimbo Fisher today (held A&M to just 10 points, held them scoreless in 2 of the quarters).

Bubba's Bruisers

No better than CM?  Seriously?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 07, 2019, 11:15:49 pm

He schooled Jimbo Fisher today (held A&M to just 10 points, held them scoreless in 2 of the quarters).
I never said he didn't interview.

As for aTm, It was #1 vs #12...Clemson should have schooled them. Right?

onebadrubi

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 07, 2019, 11:15:49 pm

Two things matter, win/loss and covering the spread.  Clemson was t good enough to do both...

GoHogs1091

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 08, 2019, 12:11:45 am
Two things matter, win/loss and covering the spread.  Clemson was t good enough to do both...

A&M scored at the very end in garbage time.

That game was a workmanlike grind down of one of the supposedly better teams in the SEC.

A&M wasn't good enough on the lines-'of-scrimmage.

Plus, A&M got out-coached.

checkraiser88

Tenner will hire leach next season. We'll start scouting potential hires if we lose to ND next year

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Oliver on September 07, 2019, 10:16:58 pm
We should have hired Leach instead of Morris. But no Morris is here for at least two more seasons

The Long/Bielema and yes even Mike Anderson years have made me lose all of my patients with a HC. If CM goes 0-for the SEC again this year i'd say hire him and get someone else. Who? I don't know and really don't care.

I'm tired of hearing give them time, we'll turn a corner, how great the grades where ect, whatever. I gave at the office a long time ago. All I care about is winning.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

hogbbq

It was a risky hire at best.  Losing record as a Head Coach at the college level with only 3 years experience.  A limited amount of time as an assistant at the college level as well.  Arkansas needed a proven winner at the college level and we took a risk on something else.  Now we look to be headed toward another disappointing season.  People are saying give it time.  That's a possibility but sure looks unlikely and more time just puts us further in the hole.  I'd say this year needs to show real improvement in W/L record and against at least some decent teams.  With the loss to Ole Miss I'm really afreaid of how this may end.

Willyhog87

Leach had no trouble beating A&M when he was at tech, so at least he would help us with one of our problems. Maybe he could come lock Chad in an equipment closet and just take over for us mid season? I'll start the go fund me.

my3boneheads

I wanted Leach since Nutt was fired. He can flat out coach.His system may never win a NC but it is fun to watch and would give us bowl opportunities.

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: TebowHater on September 07, 2019, 11:14:01 pm
Literally awful take. TTU was the most irrelevant program in the world and he turned them into a respectable team if not power. He did the exact something too WSU. Unlike CCM who has lost everywhere he's been an HC, Leach has won everywhere he's been an HC...each time taking over a program in the dumps and turning them into that. Zero reason he wouldn't be better than Morris, personality be what it may (frankly, he's hilarious)

This. No matter how many times I point this out to people there's still someone yanking out some groundless reason he wouldn't be successful here.

He would have been perfect here and one needs only look into his history to see plenty of support for this assumption- even reason to expect better because no other stop he's made previously has had nearly the program we have.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 07, 2019, 10:14:57 pm
Venables said he interviewed for the job and got turned down, or did he turn us down?

Oda Hamunaga

Quote from: Therealluke on September 07, 2019, 10:01:24 pm
Should We Hire Mike Leach Next Season?

Im warning you guys...

You better get on this Chris Klieman wagon I'm driving.

You let him go somewhere like LSU or Ohio state and its more of the same crap for a long time of the same schools being heads and shoulders above everyone.

What has the man done since 2014? 71-6 with 4 national championships.

All that being said I still believe CMM will turn around Arkansas.

Dillar Dog

I bet his defense would work really well in the SEC.

hawginTN

He's a little crazy. So he'd definitely fit in.

thebignasty

Quote from: Dillar Dog on September 08, 2019, 01:50:33 pm
I bet his defense would work really well in the SEC.

It was good when they had Grinch.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: hogbbq on September 08, 2019, 12:53:11 am
It was a risky hire at best.  Losing record as a Head Coach at the college level with only 3 years experience.  A limited amount of time as an assistant at the college level as well.  Arkansas needed a proven winner at the college level and we took a risk on something else.  Now we look to be headed toward another disappointing season.  People are saying give it time.  That's a possibility but sure looks unlikely and more time just puts us further in the hole.  I'd say this year needs to show real improvement in W/L record and against at least some decent teams.  With the loss to Ole Miss I'm really afreaid of how this may end.
I'll agree with this assessment. What proven winner could we have gotten? I think I'll reserve my damnation of all things Chad til 2 years from now when these offensive linemen he's recruited last year and this are in the system for a year and have played with these receivers and his QB. After Ole miss I see that just cause I wanted us to be better so bad doesn't mean its going to reflect into more wins. I was wrong there and many on here said it plainly, I just wasn't going to buy until I saw it. Still not sure any coach on the planet would come in here and done markably better. I'm tired of the blame game for goodness sake's but it is what it is. He didn't have just a whole lot to work with.

hogcards

Quote from: Oliver on September 07, 2019, 10:16:58 pm

It could actually be longer.  He's probably not going to win one conference game again this season and will ultimately only win 3 or 4 games total. Some of the press, and thus the fan base will actually view this as a positive.  Year three he'll probably up that total by a game or two and it'll be another butt smooching by the press.

We're probably stuck with this guy for awhile, but the problem is; how badly will the program be damaged? Because make no mistake it is suffering and worsening.

Lather rinse and repeat.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Dark Helmet Hog

Chad Morris will be here next season unless he quits, regardless of record.

EastArkHog 47

If CCM is fired after this year or next, HY had better get the next hire right otherwise we will be last in the SEC for next decade.

Muleriderhog

We should have taken him when we hired Mr. High School but we said no, PTB doing stupid things as always.

Muleriderhog

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on hogville. Leach has done absolutely nothing but win wherever he has been. Morris has done the polar opposite of that.

PorkSoda

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 07, 2019, 10:05:52 pm
We've turned down the following, kiffin,  venables, and Leach. Potentially all three 2 different coaching searches
LOL we did not "turn down venables"  he turned us down, as he has a lot of other suitors.

I don't care for leach.  I'm glad we turned him down.  Kiffin too.  Norvell I think was our best shot at getting a good up and coming coach.  regardless of who you thought we should hire, morris was not it.  nobody thought we should hire morris until they had to makes excuses for why we hired him.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Muleriderhog on September 08, 2019, 03:36:01 pm
This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on hogville. Leach has done absolutely nothing but win wherever he has been. Morris has done the polar opposite of that.
no, leach is a nut.  no way I would want him here.  Morris isn't getting it done, but that doesn't imply leach was the answer.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Muleriderhog

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 08, 2019, 03:41:22 pm
no, leach is a nut.  no way I would want him here.  Morris isn't getting it done, but that doesn't imply leach was the answer.
Neither did I, but hed be better than Morris. I wanted Norvell or Kiffin.