Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Defensive Coordinator Hired Yet?

Started by Randy Beaver, January 08, 2018, 09:44:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Beaver

If no defensive coordinator has been hired yet, why not see if we can hire Monte Kiffin?  He has Arkansas ties coaching at UA from 1977-1979.  My wife and I meet with a few other couples at Applesbee's twice a month during the college football season to discuss all things college football.  It is great when they have the all you can eat riblets special running.  Anyway, we all came up with the Kiffin idea this past week.  Think this would be an unbelievable hire for the Razorbacks and send some ripples through the SEC.  If any of you would be interested in joining our college football roundtable discussions at Applebee's, we would love to have you.  It really is a special group of people!!

ricepig

Good info, is this at all Applebee's nationwide?

onebadrubi

Randy Beaver

No sir.  We only meet in the NWA area.  Rotate to different ones.  Where you located? Would LOVE to have you.

tannerstahl

As Bart Pohlman said the other day on the radio, the defensive coordinator has already been hired and it's John Chavis, and it's the worst kept secret in college football lol
i love the hogs....so very very much

PonderinHog

NEA Applebee's > NWA Applebee's

/thread

Kevin

everyone will be announced tomorrow or Wednesday. it is a recruiting weekend, and our players will be coming back.
imho
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Randy Beaver

Little Rock is about as far East as we ever go for the roundtable discussions. 

Tusks

I don't get the cloak and dagger crap.  Hire the coaches, announce them and move on.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

GuvHog

Quote from: tannerstahl on January 08, 2018, 09:48:50 am
As Bart Pohlman said the other day on the radio, the defensive coordinator has already been hired and it's John Chavis, and it's the worst kept secret in college football lol

They never tried to keep it a secret. They just haven't officially announced it.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

SPAL

Quote from: tusked on January 08, 2018, 09:53:24 am
I don't get the cloak and dagger crap.  Hire the coaches, announce them and move on.

What are you talking about?

Randy Beaver

Who is Cloak and Dagger? Where they at currently?  I've not heard their names mentioned at all.  Have they been mentioned as position coaches or coordinators?  I'm just ready to get the entire staff named, so we can focus on recruiting.

RaisinHog

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 08, 2018, 09:57:37 am
Who is Cloak and Dagger? Where they at currently?  I've not heard their names mentioned at all.  Have they been mentioned as position coaches or coordinators?  I'm just ready to get the entire staff named, so we can focus on recruiting.

:/

GaRazorbackFan

Do you have to eat the all you can eat riblets? I'm not a big fan!

onebadrubi

SPAL

It's also all you can eat tenders
Quote from: GaRazorbackFan on January 08, 2018, 10:07:24 am
Do you have to eat the all you can eat riblets? I'm not a big fan!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: tusked on January 08, 2018, 09:53:24 am
well, there's this thing called a contract...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

GuvHog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 08, 2018, 09:57:19 am
What are you talking about?

Good question. There has never been any cloak and dagger going on. They've never tried to keep the assistant coaches a secret, they just haven't officially announced them.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

FraggleHog

DC: Chavis
Assistants: Steve Caldwell and Ron Cooper

That's all I know for now...
Calling the Hogs from DFW

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

hawganatic

Kiffin is 77 years old, and working for his sons at FAU.  I'd be really surprised if he ever works for a non-family member again.

JIHawg

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 08, 2018, 09:49:44 am

/thread

Just as soon as we get one! There may be one in West Memphis, not sure that counts.

Randy Beaver

Our last meeting of the year will be at Springdale Applebee's this week.

ricepig

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 08, 2018, 10:39:21 am
Our last meeting of the year will be at Springdale Applebee's this week.

Cool, does your group have a twitter account or web site?

OkieBack

Quote from: FraggleHog on January 08, 2018, 10:19:24 am

Ok, so if its Chavis, its Chavis.  Not yet announced though.  But could the hiring of Steve Caldwell be any indication that the UofA had talked to or were still talking to Andy Avalos as of this last weekend to become DC?

Randy Beaver

LOL, u sir seem like a rascal.  We aren't that sophisticated.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: OkieBack on January 08, 2018, 10:42:07 am
Ok, so if its Chavis, its Chavis.  Not yet announced though.  But could the hiring of Steve Caldwell be any indication that the UofA had talked to or were still talking to Andy Avalos as of this last weekend to become DC?
No.

It's Chavis.  Everyone knows it.  Dude is already in Fayetteville working.
All Gas, No Brakes!

texas tush hog

Quote from: OkieBack on January 08, 2018, 10:42:07 am

Short answer. NO!!!!!

parallaxpig

Quote from: hawganatic on January 08, 2018, 10:32:39 am
Kiffin is 77 years old, and working for his sons at FAU.  I'd be really surprised if he ever works for a non-family member again.

Dick Lebeau is 80.  What's your point.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

A few years ago, I heard that Saban had 2 Guys named Cloak & Dagger as his personal analysts for football.  Heard he was paying them from his salary so they weren't associated with the school.  Supposed to be they are the reasons he's been so successful.  These Guys know football but have no desire to actually coach according to rumor.  Saban has a Private in the military who is dating a General's daughter and can get the use of highly secret military satellites.  So they zero in on every practice at BAMA and also the practices of the upcoming opponent, tell Saban exactly what hes doing wrong, what the opponent is going to do and formulate a complete game plan that is nearly impossible to overcome.  Based on Bama's record, I believe this is true.

hawganatic

Quote from: parallaxpig on January 08, 2018, 10:52:06 am
Dick Lebeau is 80.  What's your point.

My point is, he's towards the end of his career and he appears to want to work for his sons.  Not rocket science here...

parallaxpig

Quote from: hawganatic on January 08, 2018, 11:01:16 am
My point is, he's towards the end of his career and he appears to want to work for his sons.  Not rocket science here...

Just funnin with ya. 
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

hawginbigd1

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on January 08, 2018, 10:35:00 am
Just as soon as we get one! There may be one in West Memphis, not sure that counts.
Well, there's better catfish!   >:(

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 08, 2018, 09:49:44 am

/thread

There is no such thing as a good Applebees anywhere!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

bphi11ips

Quote from: 12247 on January 08, 2018, 10:59:28 am
A few years ago, I heard that Saban had 2 Guys named Cloak & Dagger as his personal analysts for football.  Heard he was paying them from his salary so they weren't associated with the school.  Supposed to be they are the reasons he's been so successful.  These Guys know football but have no desire to actually coach according to rumor.  Saban has a Private in the military who is dating a General's daughter and can get the use of highly secret military satellites.  So they zero in on every practice at BAMA and also the practices of the upcoming opponent, tell Saban exactly what hes doing wrong, what the opponent is going to do and formulate a complete game plan that is nearly impossible to overcome.  Based on Bama's record, I believe this is true.

LOL.  Sounds like something Belichick would do.  The technology is definitely available. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Porknoxville

Sir funny that cjc is in town working yet I can't find any pics on the web? He must still be officially unofficial and of limits to the media.
Cloak and dagger all the way! Gotta love it.
Go hogs!

FraggleHog

Quote from: 12247 on January 08, 2018, 10:59:28 am

onebadrubi

Flrazrback

Thats a high tech conjecture right there boys.. lol

RaisinHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 08, 2018, 11:23:56 am
There is no such thing as a good Applebees anywhere!

Truth .. beer is pretty good though

FraggleHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 08, 2018, 11:33:31 am
lol that post went right over your head didn't it?

based on some of the conspiracy theories posted here on HV... you can never be too sure.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

SPAL

Quote from: Deep Shoat on January 08, 2018, 10:45:10 am
No.

It's Chavis.  Everyone knows it.  Dude is already in Fayetteville working.

Not everyone, apparently. This thread exists, after all

Randy Beaver

I'm not following what you are saying.  Who is Dagger and Cloak?  And what positions are they being considered for?  Simple question....

jkstock04

Quote from: FraggleHog on January 08, 2018, 10:19:24 am

Assuming this is true (which I don't) we could do A LOT worse. Pretty good resumes there overall.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Tyro3

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 08, 2018, 11:44:17 am
I'm not following what you are saying.  Who is Dagger and Cloak?  And what positions are they being considered for?  Simple question....

If you have only been in the country three years, it may take a little longer to understand some of the humor that goes on in this message board.

FraggleHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 08, 2018, 11:46:54 am
Assuming this is true (which I don't) we could do A LOT worse. Pretty good resumes there overall.

More than an assumption... multiple sources reporting this as true.

SPAL

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 08, 2018, 11:44:17 am

C'mon man