Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Captains

Started by TebowHater, January 27, 2018, 12:54:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TebowHater

https://twitter.com/SethCampbell5/status/957288959817732096

Grant Koch and Blaine Knight. While, at face value, not surprising, I do wonder how Shaddy and Bonfield felt about it.

bulldog04

Quote from: TebowHater on January 27, 2018, 12:54:16 pm
https://twitter.com/SethCampbell5/status/957288959817732096

Grant Koch and Blaine Knight. While, at face value, not surprising, I do wonder how Shaddy and Bonfield felt about it.
Koch was a captain last year and is the catcher.  Knight is the Friday night starter so he is the captain of the pitchers.  So nothing to see here

TebowHater

Quote from: bulldog04 on January 27, 2018, 01:00:26 pm
Koch was a captain last year and is the catcher.  Knight is the Friday night starter so he is the captain of the pitchers.  So nothing to see here

Campbell is also a captain per Whole Hog Sports.

Again, not arguing any of those three shouldn't be captains. But it does speak to the relative respect level certain players have on the team. It's almost like Shaddy/Bonfield are the old grandpa's still hanging around when the team has moved on, not to say the team doesn't still like those guys by any means.

Edit: DVH apparently said Knight was a captain, but a team spokesman has just come out to say that is not the case.

SPAL

Quote from: TebowHater on January 27, 2018, 01:13:36 pm
Campbell is also a captain per Whole Hog Sports.

Again, not arguing any of those three shouldn't be captains. But it does speak to the relative respect level certain players have on the team. It's almost like Shaddy/Bonfield are the old grandpa's still hanging around when the team has moved on, not to say the team doesn't still like those guys by any means.

Edit: DVH apparently said Knight was a captain, but a team spokesman has just come out to say that is not the case.

I dont think anybody views it that way..