Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A good name I don't think has been mentioned

Started by ivebeentusked, November 24, 2012, 01:10:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ivebeentusked

I know this isn't a marquee name but Mike McCoy would be a great coach to go after if JL has a couple of strikes on higher level names. He is proven in the NFL and though he has never been a head coach, he is a proven quarterbacks coach and has done a great job with Denver this year as OC (I know he had Manning). I am with the masses on a lot of names out here, I just don't trust JL to get it done, and this might be a good hire.
When cerebral processes enter into sports, you start screwing up. It's like the Constitution, which says separate church and state. You have to separate mind and body. <br />~ Bill Lee ~

Break & Run

Quote from: ivebeentusked on November 24, 2012, 01:10:38 pm
I know this isn't a marquee name but Mike McCoy would be a great coach to go after if JL has a couple of strikes on higher level names. He is proven in the NFL and though he has never been a head coach, he is a proven quarterbacks coach and has done a great job with Denver this year as OC (I know he had Manning). I am with the masses on a lot of names out here, I just don't trust JL to get it done, and this might be a good hire.

You must be another bafoon who says Long is to blame for Petrino banging his whore then hiring her.

Long has not given you any reason to not believe in him.

If you want to point to him almost hiring Jim Grobe in 2008, well, that's where Nutt had let this program fall to.  Not to mention, Grobe had just won 11 games AT WAKE FOREST and was coming off an Orange Bowl bid.  HE TOOK WAKE FOREST TO THE BCS.

So, really, truthfully, you just want to blame Jeff Long for your idol's screw ups.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: ivebeentusked on November 24, 2012, 01:10:38 pm
his name just screams "THE WOW FACTOR !"...if Long hires that guy we can fire up the plane from 2007 and bust out the banners.....oh, and send someone to the airport just like Auburn did in 2009 yelling, "we want a winner, not a loser"
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

hogdogcrazy

Quote from: The Mafia on November 24, 2012, 01:13:13 pm
You must be another bafoon who says Long is to blame for Petrino banging his whore then hiring her.

Long has not given you any reason to not believe in him.

If you want to point to him almost hiring Jim Grobe in 2008, well, that's where Nutt had let this program fall to.  Not to mention, Grobe had just won 11 games AT WAKE FOREST and was coming off an Orange Bowl bid.  HE TOOK WAKE FOREST TO THE BCS.

So, really, truthfully, you just want to blame Jeff Long for your idol's screw ups.

Cool Rant.
Smites are Badges of Honor around this place.

ivebeentusked

I just don't trust him...period! And CBP had to have JL's sign off on all hires.

I am just putting a name out there that is a good crack. I hope and pray JL proves me wrong.
When cerebral processes enter into sports, you start screwing up. It's like the Constitution, which says separate church and state. You have to separate mind and body. <br />~ Bill Lee ~

Break & Run

Quote from: ivebeentusked on November 24, 2012, 01:17:37 pm
I just don't trust him...period! And CBP had to have JL's sign off on all hires.

I am just putting a name out there that is a good crack. I hope and pray JL proves me wrong.

And Jeff Long informed us that Petrino asked to have the hire rushed so they could get back into the full swing of recruiting because it was right in the middle of the recruiting season.  Long said he trusted Bobby's judgement, therefore he signed off on the hire.
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Rsvlhog

I have a hard time believing Long would be searching for a coach right now. He has had since April to find his guy. There is no plan B or C he has his man I'm sure. Thus his extension and raise and making it official this morning to clean out the existing coaches from the Broyles Center. All we can do now is wait for the announcement.
Quote from: threeNout

I still have images of JFB, holding a shotgun behind Altman, ala Deliverance,

"Go on boy, you call them Hogs, you call 'em good"

Break & Run

Quote from: ivebeentusked on November 24, 2012, 01:17:37 pm

Only reason you don't trust him is because he's not a former Hog coach or an alumni.  Well guess what, this is a multi-million dollar business now.  The SEC is big-boy athletics and ADs are no longer former coaches, etc.  They're all businessmen.

jry04

Long isn't going with a coordinator. Why is that so hard to understand?

Break & Run

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on November 24, 2012, 01:20:09 pm
Long isn't going with a coordinator. Why is that so hard to understand?

Have you not read any of his posts?!?!  He doesn't trust the bafoon!!

tophawg19

your critical of him but your nothing but jeff long plants . on here to stir up crap. and if long rushed the hire then he should be fired for not checking her background . when your in a position to hire people , then it's on you when you make a bad hire. no excuses , long didn't do his job ... ok now back to kissing up to your boy long for you
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Break & Run

Quote from: tophawg19 on November 24, 2012, 01:30:28 pm
your critical of him but your nothing but jeff long plants . on here to stir up crap. and if long rushed the hire then he should be fired for not checking her background . when your in a position to hire people , then it's on you when you make a bad hire. no excuses , long didn't do his job ... ok now back to kissing up to your boy long for you

I'm far from a Jeff Long plant.  I'm a 23 year old man in Hot Springs, working real estate and property management.  I'm FAR from a Long lover but all the ass-chewing he gets is ridiculous.  At least I can see what he's done for the You of A.

jry04

Quote from: tophawg19 on November 24, 2012, 01:30:28 pm

Lol, yes I am a Long plant. I made an account years in advance as part of the plan to build credibility and then years later when he was hired I would have more of an influence on the board.

ivebeentusked

He's the AD, in my job when I make a hire I have to evaluate to make the best decisions for my team. If I do not they are not successful and that hire reflects me! He rushed the hire, CBP screwed up got caught and to Cover Up JO's mistake he let go A DAMN GOOD ball coach. CBP could have stayed! Then he hires Crazy John L to replace CBP and we watched the end result. Tyler and those seniors deserved better. I sat there in the stadium yesterday and watched the Seniors come out before the game, and it made me sick to watch JL . He was there with a smile and handshake for all of them, he should have said "I'm Sorry". If CBP hadn't fell in his lap, do you think we would have had the success we have recently (not this year withstanding) if we had went with a JL hire. As far as your Good Ole boys Razorback alumni hires, I can guarantee Coach Anderson was not JL choice it was the Good Ole boys and alumni's choice.

Iwastherein1969

apparently Jeffie just hasn't had enough time nor promised resources to ink his man....this has become laughable....that damn coach from ULL is who we're going to get after all this time and saber rattling.....once again, JL makes the UA look like a caricature of it's self
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Break & Run

Quote from: ivebeentusked on November 24, 2012, 01:45:08 pm
He's the AD, in my job when I make a hire I have to evaluate to make the best decisions for my team. If I do not they are not successful and that hire reflects me! He rushed the hire, CBP screwed up got caught and to Cover Up JO's mistake he let go A DAMN GOOD ball coach. CBP could have stayed! Then he hires Crazy John L to replace CBP and we watched the end result. Tyler and those seniors deserved better. I sat there in the stadium yesterday and watched the Seniors come out before the game, and it made me sick to watch JL . He was there with a smile and handshake for all of them, he should have said "I'm Sorry". If CBP hadn't fell in his lap, do you think we would have had the success we have recently (not this year withstanding) if we had went with a JL hire. As far as your Good Ole boys Razorback alumni hires, I can guarantee Coach Anderson was not JL choice it was the Good Ole boys and alumni's choice.

Get over yourself.  Those dang seniors are the people who ASKED FOR JOHN L SMITH TO COME BACK FOR THIS SEASON!

You have horrible memory loss.

ivebeentusked

So now we should just ask who's the players want for our head coach? Well Hell's Bell's let's just let JL go, we don't need him!  There is a great recruiting tool, "Come to Arkansas, who do you want to be the next coach?...oh him? Great!" Whether they wanted him or not he needed to do his job and put the program first.

jry04

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 24, 2012, 01:51:52 pm
apparently Jeffie just hasn't had enough time nor promised resources to ink his man....this has become laughable....that damn coach from ULL is who we're going to get after all this time and saber rattling.....once again, JL makes the UA look like a caricature of it's self
How anyone can believe this is the case is beyond me. Really mind blowing, to be honest.

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

jfisdirtybird

Wow....don't think anyone's interested in McCoy.....NEXT!