Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Omaha '12 Thread: CWS game 4 Arkansas vs SC round 3

Started by maxre567, June 01, 2012, 09:41:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Wahls on June 23, 2012, 12:26:48 am
Honestly... I really think that outside of Fico and Reynolds that we genuinely just don't have guys that can hit at the college level and at times they play better than what they are and fool us.
And Fico and Reynolds did virtually nothing when we needed them in CWS vs SC.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Wahls on June 23, 2012, 01:11:35 am
His strike zone was worse in Tempe and this fool is still calling meaningful games two years later. It apparently doesn't matter.
And the refs in the Fla game a few years ago are still calling SEC football games too. Going down this road to complain is a fruitless effort.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

SteveInArk

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 23, 2012, 08:46:51 am
And the refs in the Fla game a few years ago are still calling SEC football games too. Going down this road to complain is a fruitless effort.

As is your tireless efforts to convince us that you're right and we're wrong ...  jeez.  Give it a rest.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: SteveInArk on June 23, 2012, 09:31:43 am
As is your tireless efforts to convince us that you're right and we're wrong ...  jeez.  Give it a rest.
That makes no sense. My point is that fans should stop blaming refs and umps for Arkansas athletics' failings. Grow up.

revolution

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 23, 2012, 09:33:49 am
That makes no sense. My point is that fans should stop blaming refs and umps for Arkansas athletics' failings. Grow up.
I don't seem to recall any fans complaining about the calls in the Thursday night game when the Hogs weren't mentally prepared, didn't play well, etc.  Arkansas fans do NOT blame the officiating for every loss!  But Friday night we got the Perry Costello Screw Job Special, so fans are understandably upset.

It's disgraceful when an ump, official, ref actually determines who has the much better opportunity to win a game because of his incompetence, faulty perspective, preconceived notions, etc!  Costello's actions tainted the game and the whole College World Series and was disrespectful to all the players and coaches who put so much heart and soul into the game, and also to fans who invested their time and money in following their respective teams.  When the ump becomes a bigger story than the players, a travesty has occurred!

99toLife

Quote from: revolution on June 23, 2012, 09:49:38 am
I don't seem to recall any fans complaining about the calls in the Thursday night game when the Hogs weren't mentally prepared, didn't play well, etc.  Arkansas fans do NOT blame the officiating for every loss!  But Friday night we got the Perry Costello Screw Job Special, so fans are understandably upset.

It's disgraceful when an ump, official, ref actually determines who has the much better opportunity to win a game because of his incompetence, faulty perspective, preconceived notions, etc!  Costello's actions tainted the game and the whole College World Series and was disrespectful to all the players and coaches who put so much heart and soul into the game, and also to fans who invested their time and money in following their respective teams.  When the ump becomes a bigger story than the players, a travesty has occurred!

Maybe we should of showed up to play on Thursday, then we wouldn't be so upset today!

Ray Piggers

Quote from: ScottWingo on June 23, 2012, 03:13:32 am
Yes, I do, thanks for proving my point.  where the ball is caught ISN'T where the ball passed over the plate.

You don't have a point. You can't. There is no way around it. The calls were terrible.

Congrats on scoring one run and winning..
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Flatline

Quote from: ScottWingo on June 23, 2012, 03:13:32 am
Yes, I do, thanks for proving my point.  where the ball is caught ISN'T where the ball passed over the plate.

Have you noticed how many articles today are talking about how the strike zone was different for SC and Arkansas.  Dude be happy your team won but it was pretty obvious that we got screwed.

Hog-Vet

Just wanted to say that South Carolina sure looks like a championship team out there tonight - don't they? Guess they're not as good when they aren't getting nine free bases and two free runs. I'm SEC all the way, but REFUSE to cheer for SC due to the circumstances of Perry Costello's (homeplate umpire) win Friday. Game One goes to Arizona 6-1.  The only way SC wins tonight is if Perry Costello is the home plate umpire.  Go Cats!

Hog-Vet

I CANNOT stand the homages that Mike Patrick and Orel Hershiser are giving to SC pitching (in particular, Michael Roth). Well so far NOT so good - Cats up 1-0 after two. Go Cats!!!

Chestodrawers

Don't know if anyone knows it or has already posted it, but the Arizona pitcher is originally from Jonesboro. They moved to Arizona after his freshman year. My nephew play legion ball with him that summer before they left. He was good as a 9th grader.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: SouthCentralFan on June 25, 2012, 12:58:47 pm
Just wanted to say that South Carolina sure looks like a championship team out there tonight - don't they? Guess they're not as good when they aren't getting nine free bases and two free runs. I'm SEC all the way, but REFUSE to cheer for SC due to the circumstances of Perry Costello's (homeplate umpire) win Friday. Game One goes to Arizona 6-1.  The only way SC wins tonight is if Perry Costello is the home plate umpire.  Go Cats!
Then you are not "SEC all the way.." if hoping AZ wins due to something an up did which had nothing to do with SC. Loser.

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

PonderinHog

Now?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Hog-Vet on June 25, 2012, 07:48:11 pm
I CANNOT stand the homages that Mike Patrick and Orel Hershiser are giving to SC pitching (in particular, Michael Roth). Well so far NOT so good - Cats up 1-0 after two. Go Cats!!!
Posting one day, gone the next! Alas, poor Hog-vet, we hardly knew ye! hahaha.

HognotinMemphis

Well, I am right and you are wrong. But I don't want you to admit it because you're weak, I want you to admit it because you know I am right.

SteveInArk

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 26, 2012, 07:40:46 am
Well, I am right and you are wrong. But I don't want you to admit it because you're weak, I want you to admit it because you know I am right.

Are you drunk or something?

I made that quoted post to you on the 23rd.  You responded, though not very eloquently.  Now today (26th), after someone else re-quoted my post yesterday, you respond again with some type of weak attempt at a put-down.

Trust me, friend, no one wants to read your comments the FIRST time, let alone TWICE,  several days later.   ???
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: SteveInArk on June 26, 2012, 09:44:47 am
Are you drunk or something?

I made that quoted post to you on the 23rd.  You responded, though not very eloquently.  Now today (26th), after someone else re-quoted my post yesterday, you respond again with some type of weak attempt at a put-down.

Trust me, friend, no one wants to read your comments the FIRST time, let alone TWICE,  several days later.   ???
When it is important, it needs to be stated twice for emphasis. Hence my 2nd reply to your post.