Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disney World

Started by Boll Hawg, November 03, 2015, 02:05:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MO.Hog

Quote from: hog.goblin on January 17, 2017, 12:12:27 pm
If you haven't been before, be prepared for long bus rides.  Animal Kingdom isn't on the monorail and is a fairly long ride to the other parks by bus.

Is the monorail much faster?  Would you recommend changing to a different resort.  We plan on getting to a park each morning before it opens.  Our trip is for the middle of September.

hog.goblin

Quote from: MO.Hog on January 31, 2017, 10:08:54 am
Is the monorail much faster?  Would you recommend changing to a different resort.  We plan on getting to a park each morning before it opens.  Our trip is for the middle of September.

I hate to tell you to switch, but if you can without much extra cost I would recommend it.

It's hard to get from Animal Kingdom to any other park before 8:30.

You are going to spend 45 minutes to an hour each morning and each night on the bus system.

The monorail can run the full circle around the bay pretty quick (if you are staying at the Grand Floridian, Contemporary, or the Polynesian).

If you can't get in one of those 3, I would stick with animal kingdom.  The key is to plan your travel well.  I found hopping between parks during the day to be too time consuming.

cosmodrum

Quote from: hog.goblin on January 31, 2017, 09:37:11 pm
I hate to tell you to switch, but if you can without much extra cost I would recommend it.

It's hard to get from Animal Kingdom to any other park before 8:30.

You are going to spend 45 minutes to an hour each morning and each night on the bus system.

The monorail can run the full circle around the bay pretty quick (if you are staying at the Grand Floridian, Contemporary, or the Polynesian).

If you can't get in one of those 3, I would stick with animal kingdom.  The key is to plan your travel well.  I found hopping between parks during the day to be too time consuming.

Yeah the monorail is more convenient, but travelling to/from AK isn't that bad if you just prepare yourself for it.

I love Animal Kingdom. The restaurants are awesome. Sanaa is SO good (the bread app is a MUST get), and the breakfast buffet is fantastic.
Go away, batin'

Oklahawg

Quote from: hawgon on January 19, 2017, 01:35:28 pm
I went this last July.  I didn't find it any hotter than East Texas.  Then again I'm not out wandering around on my concrete parking lot for hours on end during the heat of the day here either.

The first day was rough.  After that we got used to it.  Plus we were waiting in line when the doors opened, stayed still about three, went back to the hotel and rested and swam, then back for the shows at night.

Perfect game plan.

Concourses are empty when you enter, and you are the only ones entering when everyone else is exiting at dinner time (looking far worse for the experience than you do after a nap and swim).
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Quote from: MO.Hog on January 31, 2017, 10:08:54 am

Monorail gets you around quickly. Consider taking the bus to Epcot and then the monorail to Magic Kingdom.

We stayed at one of the mid-range resorts one time and found it to not be worth the up-tick in price. We stay at the All-Star Music resort and are just fine. We figure the resort is for swimming and sleeping, no sense paying for extra amenities. The buses to/from are not bad. The buses back to the resort are longer (we do the leave early, midday nap/swim, finish the parks at night routine).

Animal Lodge looks really cool for the animal experience. Idea: the Animal Kingdom safari is one of our favorites (often, we go twice) and gets you the animal fix...then supplement with something special with the $$ you save, or (my original idea before being distracted while typing) see if you can stay one night at the Lodge and the rest somewhere cheaper. Only one day of transportation issues but you get the live animal experience. Make it the last day so you don't have kids whining they want to stay there again.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra