Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas CWS game thread - Hogs headed home ........LSU 14 Razorbacks 5

Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: selfexplanatory on June 17, 2009, 11:11:06 pm
The one thing I dreaded the most was a suicide squeeze, and Viriginia never attempted one.

Same here.  I wondered if they would call it when we intentionally loaded the bases (the first time). 
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

V. V. Hawg

How many did runners Virginia strand 9th-12th?  I was too pumped to count!!!

snoblind

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

STRILE

I may have doubted Eibner the other day, but I NEVER gave up on the hogs tonight!!
"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

NuttinItUp

Quote from: STRILE on June 17, 2009, 11:18:01 pm
I may have doubted Eibner the other day, but I NEVER gave up on the hogs tonight!!
Don't doubt. It only goes against us when you do. Luckily we pulled it out anyway, but we might not be so lucky next time.

thirtythree

Quote from: STRILE on June 17, 2009, 11:18:01 pm

We need to keep Eibner in CF.

Boss Hogg

HEART-ATTACK HOGS
STRIKE AGAIN!

Way to go guys...WPS!!!!!  Let's take it to LSphew Friday!

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Boardon Hamsay

Alright fellas, it's been a pleasure watching another great Hog win with the Hogville faithful.  Ya'll have a good one.  I'm gonna try to come down enough to sleep a little.

Go Hogs!!!!!!!!  WPS!!!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

RD

STRILE

Committee pitchers on friday. Smyly on Saturday. Kick some ass boys!
"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

hogman64

Ok  this one goes down in  Hog History........Brady Toops you have some company.....Wow, Keuchel just moved up about 3 levels.........

ua_hogs

Hell of a game. 

Who do we start on Friday now?  Does Eibner get another shot or someone from the pin that hasn't pitched for awhile.  Seems like D.K., Smyly, Forrest, and Bolsinger won't be available. 

When we win Friday, Who goes for game 2?

bigiron

bigarrazorback

just got done watching and all i can say is WOW what a game. probably the best game ive seen

chiefsfan

Say it to yourself slowly

Arkansas is one of 4 teams that will be playing this weekend for a shot at a national title

Sure the task at hand is probably teh most daunting thing we will ever face.  We must beat the #1 team in the country, a cconference opponent who owns us, with no pitching left, and probably a tired ball club

but you know what, its baseball, and anything can happen
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Holy crap guys. I thought about checking in, but I hadn't yet so far in the tournament, so I decided against it.

When Eibner got ahold of that ball I wasn't thinking about our new life, Eibner's redemption after a poor outing against LSU.

No no, I thought about that thread someone started on here yesterday that talked about Eibner breaking someone's car window at batting practice the other day.

Crazy I know, but it all makes sense now.

As someone already said, I'd rather face LSU without pitching than our guys be on the way home.

If we can pull it off, we'll have Dallas for the championship series, and if not, we'll have two beautiful wins in Omaha and a springboard going into recruiting and all kinds of momentum going into next year.

God I'm excited. WPS!!

STRILE

Time for our boys to step up. Forrest and cox on friday. Smyly on Saturday. Keuchel on Monday!

hog.goblin

ballhog™

Won't be able to read this Friday...I'm going back to Omaha!!!

WPS!!!!
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 17, 2009, 11:22:46 pm
Say it to yourself slowly

Arkansas is one of 4 teams that will be playing this weekend for a shot at a national title

Sure the task at hand is probably teh most daunting thing we will ever face.  We must beat the #1 team in the country, a cconference opponent who owns us, with no pitching left, and probably a tired ball club

but you know what, its baseball, and anything can happen

No matter what happens Friday we are guaranteed to be .500

We are also guaranteed to be in the FINAL 4 teams playing

No more naysayers.. Whatever happens Friday, lets cheer on our HOGS without any negativity. There's a lot of teams that wish they could be saying something, anything, negative about their team right now

NuttinItUp

JoePaul03

Quote from: Arkapigdiesel on June 17, 2009, 11:02:55 pm
I was wrong.  Thought we were done after the LSU game.

I'm jacked up, but realize that LSU is going to be beyond tough to beat once, much less twice.

If we could just beat them Friday, then it's one game for a chance at the Championship Series...Anything can happen in one game.

We're basically playing with house money at this point too...No pressure at all. Maybe that'll help us!

WPS!
WCOB, 2003

clarksville hog

Tonight's game had all the emotion of the Ole Miss 7 O T game. Back and forth emotions, good guys win, WPS!

hog.goblin

Quote from: JoePaul03 on June 17, 2009, 11:27:32 pm
If we could just beat them Friday, then it's one game for a chance at the Championship Series...Anything can happen in one game.

We're basically playing with house money at this point too...No pressure at all. Maybe that'll help us!

WPS!

wise words here - you just never know

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

rogersvillemohog

Quote from: tallahasseehog on June 17, 2009, 11:25:08 pm
I honestly refused to watch the bottom of the 9th.  Just listened and almost broke the old lady's hand on a high 5!
I must admit, I left the room, when I heard everyone screaming I ran back in and saw the replay and started screaming with them. I love this team, no matter what anyone says about Dave Van Horn or Arkansas. WPS!!!  :razorback:
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

rzrbackrob

Good is the enemy of great

010HogFan

HoustonwehaveaProblem

Looking at the box score and saw something you don't see much. Hultzen and Grovatt each left 6 men on base and Parker left 5. Thats unheard of.  UVA fans have to be sick.

Rsvlhog

DVH was on CBS C and said Ben's finger is broken but if he wants to play friday he will let him but he will have to put him in the outfield. He said he is a 5th year senior and it was about letting him swing the bat.
Quote from: threeNout

I still have images of JFB, holding a shotgun behind Altman, ala Deliverance,

"Go on boy, you call them Hogs, you call 'em good"

rogersvillemohog

Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

GuvHog

Quote from: STRILE on June 17, 2009, 11:23:30 pm
Time for our boys to step up. Forrest and cox on friday. Smyly on Saturday. Keuchel on Monday!

Be serious. DK only pitched 3 innings tonight and has a days rest ahead of him. If
I were a betting man I'd wager a very large amount that DK will beg for the start
Friday and DVH will give it to him. LSU is one of the best teams in the nation if not
THE best and friday is do or die. The Ace gets the ball with Bolsinger comming out
of the Bullpen. Forrest for game 2.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

STRILE

The doubters will be exposed tomorrow! They shall rue the day...

JoePaul03

Quote from: snoblind on June 17, 2009, 11:09:37 pm
How many innings in a row did Virginia have a runner at 3rd base, 4 or 5? 

It seemed like ALL of them!
WCOB, 2003

rogersvillemohog

Rsvlhog

Quote from: GUVHOG on June 17, 2009, 11:44:09 pm
Be serious. DK only pitched 3 innings tonight and has a days rest ahead of him. If
I were a betting man I'd wager a very large amount that DK will beg for the start
Friday and DVH will give it to him. LSU is one of the best teams in the nation if not
THE best and friday is do or die. The Ace gets the ball with Bolsinger comming out

DVH said Smyly and Dallas were the only ones that were unlikely to start friday.
Quote from: threeNout

I still have images of JFB, holding a shotgun behind Altman, ala Deliverance,

"Go on boy, you call them Hogs, you call 'em good"

Hawgon

I agree.  There is no tomorrow.  And really, it isn't like Keuchel is a power pitcher who expends a lot of energy.  Send him to the mound.

HogFansReunited

Who do you guys think will pitch against LSWho?
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

Sorry, posted that without reading the rest of the thread.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

rogersvillemohog

razorbackfan86

JoePaul03

I know I agree with at least part of this...I'd be more than shocked if DK doesn't beg for the ball. I don't know if DVH will give it to him, but I'd bet every dollar I have in my wallet that DK will ask to start. Been a long time since we've seen a performance that gutty. Win, lose, or draw on Friday, I'm really proud of the guys.

(That said, let's go ahead and win.)
WCOB, 2003

rogersvillemohog

June 18, 2009, 12:07:27 am #11148 Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:09:03 am by rogersvillemohog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaVGbC5H3XQ
Mother of mothers we sing, unto you!  :'(  :razorback:

ontop

Quote from: tallahasseehog on June 17, 2009, 11:56:00 pm

Justin Wells?  hasn't pitched much this year, but could give us some innings
The View on Top