Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Winning 3-4 road games was always the ceiling

Started by jst01, January 03, 2018, 08:13:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jst01

Win 3-4 road games and win all the home games. That was always the ceiling for this team. And odds are the Hogs drop a tough home game with A&M and UK playing there.  Either way, this team should be able to get to 22 wins and have many good non-con and conference wins on the resume, get a 6-7 seed and hopefully play their best going in to March.

Hawg Red

I don't think that is our ceiling on the road. I'm more open to buying that now after last night's game, but I still think they will win 4-5 on the road. We can only hope they learn from last night. And there is a lot to learn from.

lstewart

I've been at all the home games, and watched last night on tv. I thought Tennessee looked like a better team than us, but we stole it from them at the end. I thought we looked a little better than Miss State, but gave it away late. If I had to place a bet today, I would say we will go 10-8, or maybe 11-7 in the SEC. Win a few on the road, but drop one or so at home. Entering the NCAA's with 22 wins sounds about right. I would say a 7 or 8 seed. We are a good team, but we have some clear issues that will continue to make it tough to win on the road.

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 03, 2018, 08:18:01 am
I don't think that is our ceiling on the road. I'm more open to buying that now after last night's game, but I still think they will win 4-5 on the road. We can only hope they learn from last night. And there is a lot to learn from.
They won't win 4 or 5 on road lol .. Maybe 2

40MINSOFHELL

Win 4 games on the road and all your home games will win the SEC this year.

Hawg Red

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on January 03, 2018, 03:59:53 pm
They won't win 4 or 5 on road lol .. Maybe 2

So they are going to win less road games than the 2016 team that finished 16-16.

Gotcha.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on January 03, 2018, 06:26:58 pm

or at least close.. one team might get to 13-5...

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on January 03, 2018, 06:26:58 pm
OK, which four of these road games are we going to win:  Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Texas A&M, LSU, Ole Miss, Alabama, Missouri.  I've watched them all play and if we play like we did at Miss State, we could lose every single one of them.  Ain't no gimmees in the SEC when you play on their court.  They all play like the Hogs at BWA.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 04, 2018, 09:51:27 am
So they are going to win less road games than the 2016 team that finished 16-16.

Gotcha.
This ain't 2016 and the SEC ain't what it was in 2016
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

ShadowHawg

Do any of you whiners even know that if you are better than .500 on the road in college basketball you are a very stout team?

lynbug

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 04, 2018, 12:12:56 pm
Do any of you whiners even know that if you are better than .500 on the road in college basketball you are a very stout team?
Yes I know that and I would be THRILLED to finish .500 on the road.

redleg

Road games at Georgia, LSU, and Ole Miss are all very winnable. Road games at Miss St (apparantly), Florida, Texas A&M, and Mizzou are probably not winnable. Road games at Auburn and Alabama are toss-ups.
So I see at least 3 road wins, to as many as 5. If the Hogs can win all of their home games, that's 12-14 SEC W's.
Okie St should be a W, too. That's 23-25 wins overall. That's a very good season! Throw in a victory in the SEC Tourny, Arkansas could end up with a 5-7 seed and finally make it back to the Sweet 16.

Orrrrrrrrr........
They could just implode, only win 1 or 2 road games, drop home games vs Ok St, A&M, and UK, and finish 8-10 in SEC play, 18-13 overall, and maybe get an invite to the NIT if they're lucky.

I say it's more likely to be the first prediction.  ;D
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.