Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saturday's game vs. Auburn looms large

Started by razorhead94, January 04, 2018, 10:28:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razorhead94

We all knew this week would be a tough week with back to back road games; however, the magnitude of Auburn's game went through the roof after their win @Tennessee.

Auburn now sits at #15 in the RPI and also made its debut into Bracketology as a 7 seed.

Needless to say, its another huge opportunity for Arkansas to somewhat solidify itself.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

onebadrubi

It will be an ugly game.  Bruce Pearl will coach and demand a scrappy style game.  I can't believe that guy is still coaching either after just refusing to talk to the NCAA after the FBI thing.

Hawg Red

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 04, 2018, 10:30:34 am
It will be an ugly game.  Bruce Pearl will coach and demand a scrappy style game.  I can't believe that guy is still coaching either after just refusing to talk to the NCAA after the FBI thing.

I wouldn't talk to the police/FBI if I didn't have to, either.

bkjbearcat

Because it pays to cheat. For every Louisville/Rick Pitino there are ten North Carolina's.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Little Lady Back

Why not? He is coaching at Auburn...
#NolanRichardsonCourt

fademe

January 04, 2018, 10:39:39 am #5 Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 10:58:44 am by fademe

He didn't refuse to talk to the NCAA. He has cooperated in every way with what the FBI has asked. He didn't want to talk to Auburn's attorneys who were doing an internal investigation because he was being advised by council not to speak to anyone regarding the FBI situation. IMO it was a bit of an unreasonable request by the leadership at Auburn given the situation. He has since had some conversations with Auburn's attorneys.

I do think this will be a very good game. Both teams are fairly evenly sized, are good offensively, like to push the pace. I'm interested to see how we defend Gafford in the post. That's our big weakness and something I think Arkansas will look to attack. And guarding Macon and Barford will be a big chore.

HF#1

Win and we keep our ranking, lose and we fall out.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Sho Nuff

It's going to be a tough game for sure.  They have some great athleticism and they can shoot the 3.  Given the fact that we can't guard the 3 point line, we better be ready to score a LOT!

1highhog

We will lose this game big and drop out of the rankings, which is going to happen anyway.  That's just how it is with Mikes teams, we are almost unbeatable at home but anyone can beat us on the road.   We will luck up and win a couple on the road, and I don't see us losing any at home this year, with that and a good showing in the SEC Tournament we will get a decent seeding and go on from there.

Willyboy

Quote from: HF#1 on January 04, 2018, 11:18:42 am
Win and we keep our ranking, lose and we fall out.

We're gonna fall out of the ranks if we win Saturday or not.  Maybe 26 or 27 if we win Saturday.

bigred223

Quote from: Willyboy on January 04, 2018, 11:57:00 am
We're gonna fall out of the ranks if we win Saturday or not.  Maybe 26 or 27 if we win Saturday.

Wrong

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

HawgTrough

WPS

niels_boar

The next game will be big for the rest of the season.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.