Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007: The Year College Football Went Crazy

Started by Razorbackers, January 26, 2017, 04:25:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbackers

A nice recap of the craziest year in CFB history.

LSU winning a natty with 2 losses, including in the last game to Arkansas. LSU's dominant BCS win over Ohio State started the "SEC dominance" meme that still carries through today.

Kansas and Hawaii were the only schools to finish with less than 2 losses.

The bottom 6 teams in the top 25 all finished with a 9-4 record.

The season was kickstarted with App State beating #5 Michigan in Ann Arbor, and it just got drunker from there.

A nice offseason video imo. Enjoy!

Tejano Jawg

I haven't watched the vid yet, but I remember the large number of Number 1 (or top 5?) teams that lost to UNRANKED teams. Maybe the stat is mentioned. Nevertheless, I was happy to be a part of it.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Razorbackers

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on January 26, 2017, 04:43:56 pm
I haven't watched the vid yet, but I remember the large number of Number 1 (or top 5?) teams that lost to UNRANKED teams. Maybe the stat is mentioned. Nevertheless, I was happy to be a part of it.

The #2 team lost a lot that season.

LZH

Professor Psychosis

South Florida was #2 for a week.  Then they were one of the #2s that lost.

Razorbackers

Quote from: Professor Psychosis on January 26, 2017, 06:33:44 pm

And Boston College!

At one point in the video, they show the current top 10 (its like in week 7) and 6 of the top 10 teams at that point started the season unranked!

LZH

Quote from: Professor Psychosis on January 26, 2017, 06:33:44 pm

After winning 11 games last year, solid recruiting, and now with Charlie Strong in town , they're expecting a big push on the national stage. Lots of Bulls flags flying around here.

Razorbackers

Quote from: LZH on January 27, 2017, 09:52:22 am
After winning 11 games last year, solid recruiting, and now with Charlie Strong in town , they're expecting a big push on the national stage. Lots of Bulls flags flying around here.

As they should. Charlie is a good coach. Texas never gave him the support he deserved. They used him to come in and try to clean up Mack's mess, and then kicked him to the curb. I'm glad he's out of there so I can cheer for him again.

USF is a school that can win, and Charlie is going to get some of those Florida kids to stay home I bet.

mizzouman

DeltaBoy

It was the craziest season I ever seen.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Darren DeLoach

Well, I see Pitt shut down a West Virginia team that scored 66 the week before. Hmmmmm, wonder who their defensive coordinator was...hmmmm.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on January 28, 2017, 03:19:13 am
Well, I see Pitt shut down a West Virginia team that scored 66 the week before. Hmmmmm, wonder who their defensive coordinator was...hmmmm.

Yes Paul Rhoades was the DC!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Still THE BEST Arkansas uniform EVER.!!   Oh that Cotton bowl was turrible...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

mizzouman

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 02, 2017, 02:49:30 pm
Still THE BEST Arkansas uniform EVER.!!   Oh that Cotton bowl was turrible...
As I recall, wasn't such a bad game.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: mizzouman on February 03, 2017, 11:56:11 am
As I recall, wasn't such a bad game.

That was a great football team Missouri had back then.
[CENSORED]!

DeltaBoy

The most entertaining  season in my life. Cause every week you tuned in to see what would happen next.

LRHawg

The LSU game in Baton Rouge was one of the craziest days of my life, for sure.