Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

proud moment

Started by TennesseeRaz, January 20, 2017, 09:11:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TennesseeRaz

You folks may not care as this is not football, but my daughter is officially visiting the UA this week as an athlete, so I'm going to take just a moment to feel proud here, since no one knows who either one of us are.   ;D

BayofPigs

Congrats!! hope she picks us!

The Hawg Marshal

Good luck to your daughter. #WPS

26.2Hog

Outstanding.  Enjoy the moment!

Dr. Starcs

TennesseeRaz

Nope, her momma was a D1 basketball player, but she's not.

Thunderhog Jr

:razorback:

As far as I'm concerned this is the perfect place to post your news.  Congratulations to you and your daughter.

:razorback:
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

Oklahawg

Congrats and nothing but success when she makes a choice.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Steef

JIHawg

You must be very proud of her.  Congrats.

FANONTHEHILL

I hope she has a great visit.  There's nothing like having one if your own suit up in the cardinal and white.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Jonteviosk

Congrats may she enjoy her college experience.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

JRHoward

Congratulations!  Woo Pig!   :razorback:
Woooo Pig!

gmarv

congrats to her and you.wps

oldfart

As a Tennessean born and bred im so happy to see her consider Arkansas for her college career.  Hope we can see her in cardinal and white for the next four years!!

Hoggish1

pigture perfect

I hope she chooses us and you eventually reveal her identity. We Hogvillians may disagree on many things, but we pull for our own. Congrats, I know you are a proud papa.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PonderinHog

Uh, can she play safety ???  We always need safeties...

cosmodrum

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 21, 2017, 01:59:07 pm
Uh, can she play safety ???  We always need safeties...

I was hoping for a linebacker, but we do always need safeties.

Congrats dad!
Go away, batin'

murthage

Com'on.... why the suspense?  What sport?  Good luck.

GolfnHog

It's always the right place or venue to brag on your daughter! Best of luck to her on her future endeavors and choices. #WPS
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

clutch

Quote from: murthage on January 21, 2017, 02:41:26 pm
Com'on.... why the suspense?  What sport?  Good luck.

My money is on volleyball.

PorcineSublime

Congrats on her chance to be a college athlete and if it is as Hog all the better!
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

kp72204

Congratulations. That's some good parenting you've done along the way of course. Are you gonna cry when she moves out?

FANONTHEHILL

Let us know how the visit is going.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

TennesseeRaz

To answer several of you at once,
1.  i don't want to reveal identity or sport because I don't want to mess up this time for her.
2.  She does actually kind of play like a safety; the girl can flat bring the wood.
3.  The visit lasted all day today, but I've yet to hear anything.  (Why do these kids think we pay for their cell phones?).  It's worth saying that the coaches were impressive in their organization.
4.  I'm definitely going to cry like a baby if she ends up that far away.

JoeHawg

Congrats!! :razorback:
Once a Hog Always a Hog

outlawhogeywells

Well if she does end up here it gives you a reason to visit the greatest place on earth. 

TennesseeRaz

January 23, 2017, 07:00:51 pm #28 Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 07:17:20 pm by TennesseeRaz
She absolutely loved the people and the atmosphere.
Coaches are doing a wonderful job recruiting, and they gave the definite impression that they want her.
Just have to see if we can make it happen on our end, and she needs to nail the ACT.
We started the recruiting process late (got bad advice on that), so I think that's really hurting her. 
She's had several SEC (and a major ACC) schools all say they want her in the last month [one said she would have been their #1 recruit if they'd have known she wasn't committed elsewhere], but most have already obligated scholarships.   

And, I guess I can say it's soccer now, as her brother posted a picture on Instagram with her in a Razorback jacket! 

I sincerely hope she ends up at Arkansas.  If the soccer team doesn't need her, maybe she could catch on as a coach in just about any sport.  We have needs here.  Just joking.  I wish you and your family the very best.

OhioHog

Best Wishes to your daughter! 

1highhog

Quote from: TennesseeRaz on January 23, 2017, 03:19:50 pm
To answer several of you at once,
1.  i don't want to reveal identity or sport because I don't want to mess up this time for her.
2.  She does actually kind of play like a safety; the girl can flat bring the wood.
3.  The visit lasted all day today, but I've yet to hear anything.  (Why do these kids think we pay for their cell phones?).  It's worth saying that the coaches were impressive in their organization.
4.  I'm definitely going to cry like a baby if she ends up that far away.

If she becomes a Razorback, it's time to move closer Pop.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: TennesseeRaz on January 20, 2017, 09:11:01 pm
You folks may not care as this is not football, but my daughter is officially visiting the UA this week as an athlete, so I'm going to take just a moment to feel proud here, since no one knows who either one of us are.   ;D

Congratulations.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

code red

Congrats.  I am jealous.  Hope she gets her shot.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

OLDHOG

If you have a child that is scholarship worthy, in anything, it's something to be proud of. Good luck.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: OLDHOG on January 24, 2017, 12:26:08 pm
If you have a child that is scholarship worthy, in anything, it's something to be proud of. Good luck.

Yep!
My dad was not an emotional man. I only saw him cry a few times in his life. I remember every one of them. He never even cried even when told of his cancer and knowing it was terminal. One of the times I did see it was when I came home and informed him I had earned a music scholarship to college. He was never prouder of me than that day. Same as I was when I learned of my son's research grant to MIT.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

FutureMan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 24, 2017, 12:59:48 pm
Yep!
My dad was not an emotional man. I only saw him cry a few times in his life. I remember every one of them. He never even cried even when told of his cancer and knowing it was terminal. One of the times I did see it was when I came home and informed him I had earned a music scholarship to college. He was never prouder of me than that day. Same as I was when I learned of my son's research grant to MIT.

Damn, that is impressive.  Congrats, Dad - sounds like you have one heck of a son there!
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: FutureMan on January 24, 2017, 01:07:57 pm
Damn, that is impressive.  Congrats, Dad - sounds like you have one heck of a son there!

Thanks. Yes I do. The crazy thing is he did not do well in high school. He had to go to junior college to get his grades up before he could enroll at the U of A. Junior college is where he started to blossom classwork wise. Then graduated from the UA then MIT. It just goes to show you never give up and keep plugging away with your kids. They might just surprise you!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

TennesseeRaz

Quote from: 1highhog on January 24, 2017, 07:11:05 am
If she becomes a Razorback, it's time to move closer Pop.

Well, I've got two boys playing soccer in college in TN at present.  And, this is where my jobs are.  But... will certainly make it back to NWA, where I'm from, more often.