Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Dan Enos

Started by factchecker, January 20, 2017, 04:23:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

factchecker

January 20, 2017, 04:23:07 pm Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 04:35:46 pm by factchecker
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/jan/20/dan-enos-gets-raise-contract-extension/

QuoteArkansas offensive coordinator Dan Enos has received a raise to $800,000 for 2017 and a contract extension with automatic salary escalators for the next two seasons.
Enos, 48, signed the amendment to his contract, which the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette received through a public records request, on Jan. 5.
The new deal will pay him $850,000 in 2018 and $900,000 in 2019.....

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Razorbackers

Good. He definitely was on some short lists this year for different positions around the country, and that was with a young and unexperienced offense. If 2017 plays out like it could/we hope, he might be getting some serious offers.

The Hawg Marshal

That is a welcome development.

Dillon

Enos should be made a million dollar coordinator if he has a good year next year. He makes us exciting to watch, unpredictable, and coaches QB's like a pro.

Biggus Piggus

Smith wrote, in part, "In reviewing this season we obviously didn't meet our internal expectations on defense. To be perfectly clear, as defensive coordinator I take full responsibility for the results of the defense. In discussing solutions with Coach Bielema it has become clear we have philosophical differences on how to get better results.

"Given our differences, it seems in the best interest of everyone involved that I move on. I am grateful to Coach B for the opportunity he gave me and on behalf of my family want to say thanks to the many Razorback fans that supported and befriended us along the way."
[CENSORED]!

factchecker

I fully expect this thread to be full of pissing and moaning because Razorback fans aren't the brightest:

https://twitter.com/jahogsncards/status/822575425444577281

https://twitter.com/zjhuggins/status/822571579276218371

https://twitter.com/tweeteru/status/822585082586271744

The TRUTH is this.  Coach Enos has improved our quarterback play tremendously since he has been here.  I've been to every open practice that we've had and watching him work individual drills with quarterbacks is awesome.  He puts the QBs through a series of footwork, bag, pocket awareness, and target drills like I've never seen.  I look forward to seeing Austin progress and Cole develop under Coach Enos' guidance.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Arkansas Fan

Well, the truth is that the offense failed to do their jobs in the second half of games. I like Enos, but he ain't perfect and still gotta improve.

I'll just wait until someone disagrees with me.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on January 20, 2017, 05:41:11 pm
Well, the truth is that the offense failed to do their jobs in the second half of games. I like Enos, but he ain't perfect and still gotta improve.

Give him an offensive line and he's fine.
[CENSORED]!

BentonvilleJeff

The offensive problems we had last year were because of an inexperienced OL, brand new starters at QB, RB, and TE. I thought he did well considering all the new faces as starters. Glad he's sticking around. We need continuity on offense.

Defense was supposed to be our strength with all the starters we had coming back and they failed miserably. That's why Smith is gone and Enos got a raise.

tophawg19

not to mention the defense put the offense in a hole in the 2nd half of both those games . our field position sucked
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 20, 2017, 05:44:05 pm

Sure, I agree. However, even with a better O-line that doesn't guarantee Enos having massive success.

Bebop

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 20, 2017, 05:19:41 pm
Smith wrote, in part, "In reviewing this season we obviously didn't meet our internal expectations on defense. To be perfectly clear, as defensive coordinator I take full responsibility for the results of the defense. In discussing solutions with Coach Bielema it has become clear we have philosophical differences on how to get better results.

"Given our differences, it seems in the best interest of everyone involved that I move on. I am grateful to Coach B for the opportunity he gave me and on behalf of my family want to say thanks to the many Razorback fans that supported and befriended us along the way."

I am curious about the "differences".

PorkRinds

Quote from: Bebop on January 20, 2017, 06:04:11 pm
I am curious about the "differences".

Obviously CBB didn't think Smith's scheme was going to get it done.  I doubt Smith is going to switch to the 3-4 at Minnesota.

Sivad

Jim Harris

Quote from: Dillon on January 20, 2017, 05:07:10 pm
Enos should be made a million dollar coordinator if he has a good year next year. He makes us exciting to watch, unpredictable, and coaches QB's like a pro.

So if Arkansas could score in the second half, would he get $1.6 million?
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

factchecker

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on January 20, 2017, 05:41:11 pm

Everybody needs to improve..... especially on a 7-6 team.  However, our quarterback play has been good to great under Enos. It's nice seeing us utilize innovative screens for a change. Our biggest flaw on offense was protecting the quarterback.  Losing 3 offensive linemen starters caused some issues. 

The truth is that we need consistency on offense.  Enos has developed a solid game plan but will need to tweak things to ensure we stay strong in the 2nd half.  I'm glad we kept him on staff.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Bebop

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 20, 2017, 06:05:57 pm
Obviously CBB didn't think Smith's scheme was going to get it done.  I doubt Smith is going to switch to the 3-4 at Minnesota.

Are you sure that it was about the defensive schematic and not something else?

King Kong

Quote from: Jim Harris on January 20, 2017, 06:08:07 pm

LSU's last OC made about that and did much worse than Dan

PorkRinds

Quote from: Bebop on January 20, 2017, 06:10:34 pm
Are you sure that it was about the defensive schematic and not something else?

Yeah. CBB texted me and told me it was all schematic and not something else.

LZH

Good play-caller and fantastic quarterback coach. Yes he has been inconsistent, but if it weren't for him we would have been 3 - 9 for the last couple of years.

Jim Harris

Quote from: King Kong on January 20, 2017, 06:15:20 pm
LSU's last OC made about that and did much worse than Dan

Cam Cameron took a $300,000 pay cut for 2016 from his $1.5 million salary he got in 2015, and I hope he was able to get all of that for the four games he coached. Then, per game, he did really really well.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2016/03/lsu_offensive_coordinator_cam_5.html
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Smalltownhog95

The offense was supposed to take a huge step back this year because of new faces at every position except WR. While it did take a step back it wasn't near as big as expected and many problems are solved with consistent Offensive Line play. All in all Enos seems to be worth the raise.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

King Kong

Quote from: Jim Harris on January 20, 2017, 06:23:16 pm
Cam Cameron took a $300,000 pay cut for 2016 from his $1.5 million salary he got in 2015, and I hope he was able to get all of that for the four games he coached. Then, per game, he did really really well.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2016/03/lsu_offensive_coordinator_cam_5.html

That's for proving me correct

TNhawgfan

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 20, 2017, 06:20:41 pm
Text him and ask if we're getting a new DL coach
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

factchecker

Quote from: Jim Harris on January 20, 2017, 06:08:07 pm

We went scoreless 4 times in the second half (3 were goose-eggs, 1 field goal vs. LSU).  Any game you go scoreless in a half is unacceptable.  We have to improve this part of our game.

However, Enos did have some good 2nd half/late game touchdown drives and play calls:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HamSammich

Didn't hogville demand, want, and applaud the rob smith raise and extension? I'll wait to judge.

lumphog

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 20, 2017, 06:33:37 pm
Text him and ask if we're getting a new DL coach
He said......And a Partridge in a pear tree

Bebop

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 20, 2017, 06:20:41 pm

In other words, you have no idea.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: HamSammich on January 20, 2017, 06:40:09 pm
Didn't hogville demand, want, and applaud the rob smith raise and extension? I'll wait to judge.

If you can't tell by now Enos is a stud you need your eyes checked

Jim Harris

Quote from: factchecker on January 20, 2017, 06:36:44 pm
We went scoreless 4 times in the second half (3 were goose-eggs, 1 field goal vs. LSU).  Any game you go scoreless in a half is unacceptable.  We have to improve this part of our game.

However, Enos did have some good 2nd half/late game touchdown drives and play calls:

For some reason (might be my server) I can't see the videos. But the TCU game and the execution by the offense (OC, his QB and the rest of the O) in that game in the last two minutes and in OT was magical. Tons of fun to watch in person in a great stadium too. Sure seemed like TCU was winning that one with about 2 minutes or so to play, whatever it was, when they were up 28-20. Enos has been a very solid hire, no doubt.

Jim Harris

Quote from: King Kong on January 20, 2017, 06:31:36 pm
That's for proving me correct

If you think $1.2 million or even the $1.5 million he made the year before is the same as making $1.6 million, sure, you're right.

HamSammich

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 20, 2017, 06:56:32 pm
If you can't tell by now Enos is a stud you need your eyes checked

Yeah same was said before here about rob smith. I don't repeat history if I can bubba.... sorry some people are actually intelligent.   The problem is far deeper than assistants. Jump on that Enos band wagon. I'm sure you are right and he will be HC of Ohio state soon.

factchecker

Quote from: Jim Harris on January 20, 2017, 06:59:55 pm
For some reason (might be my server) I can't see the videos. But the TCU game and the execution by the offense (OC, his QB and the rest of the O) in that game in the last two minutes and in OT was magical. Tons of fun to watch in person in a great stadium too. Sure seemed like TCU was winning that one with about 2 minutes or so to play, whatever it was, when they were up 28-20. Enos has been a very solid hire, no doubt.

Youtube is weird like that.  Try opening the videos in a seperate browser.

I agree that the final drive and overtime performance against TCU was amazing.  Wish I could have been there.  I only missed two games this past season.  I'm glad I missed the other one (Auburn).
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Dillon

Next year, Enos will make less than Rob Smith made in 2016. 800k isn't going to keep him here long term. When you find your guy, you lock him up. And I absolutely believe Enos is CBB's guy and worth every dollar. We are competitive with assistants and head coach pay, but Arkansas needs to step it up with coordinator pay. Enos has a bit to prove, but if he does this well again next year, it's time for a big raise or we risk losing our best assistant and settling for more turnover and a downgrade at OC.

HamSammich

Hogville is nothing more than a zest pool of unintelligent group thought. You all love enos and will hate him and CBB in two years. I choose to think for myself

PonderinHog

Quote from: HamSammich on January 20, 2017, 07:07:40 pm
Hogville is nothing more than a zest pool of unintelligent group thought. You all love enos and will hate him and CBB in two years. I choose to think for myself
A zest pool smells a lot better than a cesspool, don't it ???

I think Enos' offense worked much better with Hunter Henry AND Jeremy Sprinkle in '15 than it did with Sprinkle and whoever in '16, especially considering that Sprinkle had to stay at home and help the OL so damn much.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PonderinHog

oldgoat

Quote from: Dillon on January 20, 2017, 07:04:46 pm
Next year, Enos will make less than Rob Smith made in 2016. 800k isn't going to keep him here long term. When you find your guy, you lock him up. And I absolutely believe Enos is CBB's guy and worth every dollar. We are competitive with assistants and head coach pay, but Arkansas needs to step it up with coordinator pay. Enos has a bit to prove, but if he does this well again next year, it's time for a big raise or we risk losing our best assistant and settling for more turnover and a downgrade at OC.
Absolute truth!  We lost our QB, Hunter Henry, Alex Collins, and half our OLine!  Find another OC capable of producing our O last year with the talent available to UA and then pay him $1M.  Good luck with that. 
Hoglady: "Some things in life are only a big deal when you make them a big deal."

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

King Kong

Quote from: Jim Harris on January 20, 2017, 07:01:22 pm
If you think $1.2 million or even the $1.5 million he made the year before is the same as making $1.6 million, sure, you're right.

The definition of the word About- used to indicate movement in an area.

Are you supposed to know what words mean as a professional writer?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: HamSammich on January 20, 2017, 07:01:31 pm

Yeah same was said before here about rob smith. I don't repeat history if I can bubba.... sorry some people are actually intelligent.   The problem is far deeper than assistants. Jump on that Enos band wagon. I'm sure you are right and he will be HC of Ohio state soon.

So to prove your intelligence over me you make bandwagon two words

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 20, 2017, 05:44:05 pm

i have to agree with biggus on this one. basically every offensive woe we suffer is OL related.
The rest of the frog.

HamSammich

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 20, 2017, 07:37:34 pm
So to prove your intelligence over me you make bandwagon two words

Lol

hawginbigd1

Here is my take, don't know all the ins and outs of the deal, however extension I would be fine with. Raise, I could agree if it was performance based. I don't believe he earned a raise, that is my sticking point. Now if BB had to do it to keep him, I can see that. More than a couple games I would say he mismanaged, and QB play regressed through the season, so raise is hard to be excited about.

Jonteviosk

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 20, 2017, 05:19:41 pm

Translation I Robb Smith am a moron who should quit coaching and hope for a career in the circus. I am sorry that I wasted the fans time with my ineptitude please forgive my crap of a product and I owe yall a total refund of what I made for doing a pisspoor job.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Jonteviosk

Its already settled. Biggus is officially calling all offensive plays inside the redzone.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

jgphillips3

Absolutely deserved.  What he did this year with perhaps the worst offensive line in modern history and a first time starting QB was pretty darned good.  As the season wore on and teams knew they could blow past the Guards on a straight line to the QB, it came off track but he still did a good job and his offense is well designed.  It is capable of using Bielema's preferences and generating the type of gaudy statistics of the more finesse offenses.  I love our use of tight ends (similar in concept to New England's use of them in some ways) and the screens he added this year because of the line breakdowns and aggressive rush.  I look forward to seeing what he cooks up with a new batch of receivers, three healthy and experienced tailbacks (well...two experienced) and a better line next year. 

Biggus Piggus

Zest pool, ROFLMAO.
[CENSORED]!

The Hawg Marshal