Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Improvements coming.

Started by Terryproy, January 19, 2017, 11:58:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gchamblee

Quote from: LZH on January 27, 2017, 12:03:59 pm
You ever make fun of HDN gnawing on his fingernails?

I made fun of him for a lot of things, but I recognized his qualities as well. Plus, I didn't claim his chewing his fingernails was proof that he couldn't coach. You can criticize all coaches for something about their methods or personality, but it is pretty obvious when someone is being unreasonable. I guess it's the unreasonable bashing that gets on my nerves, and once a poster develops a rep for unreasonable bashing I really don't consider much else they say valuable to the conversation.

LZH

Quote from: gchamblee on January 27, 2017, 12:11:52 pm
I made fun of him for a lot of things, but I recognized his qualities as well. Plus, I didn't claim his chewing his fingernails was proof that he couldn't coach. You can criticize all coaches for something about their methods or personality, but it is pretty obvious when someone is being unreasonable. I guess it's the unreasonable bashing that gets on my nerves, and once a poster develops a rep for unreasonable bashing I really don't consider much else they say valuable to the conversation.

Welp, my bashing is reasonable so I'm in the clear.

gchamblee

Quote from: LZH on January 27, 2017, 12:15:10 pm
Welp, my bashing is reasonable so I'm in the clear.

You're like a tree in the wind. Your view of the coaching staff changes often. You are about as predictable as a post coitus piss. It doesn't take much for you to turn negative, and you are quick to reboard the bandwagon with a little success. I think you have trouble forming an opinion and sticking to it. However, I respect your opinion and enjoy your posts for the most part.

LZH

Quote from: gchamblee on January 27, 2017, 12:18:54 pm
You're like a tree in the wind. Your view of the coaching staff changes often. You are about as predictable as a post coitus piss. It doesn't take much for you to turn negative, and you are quick to reboard the bandwagon with a little success. I think you have trouble forming an opinion and sticking to it. However, I respect your opinion and enjoy your posts for the most part.

I used to like you but now I don't, but I probably will again in the very near future.

Youngsta71701

Or Bobby Petrino gritting his teeth?
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

LZH

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 27, 2017, 12:29:12 pm
Or Bobby Petrino gritting his teeth?

I remember a game, I think it may have been the Orange Bowl vs OU, where everything was going right for the other team and everything was going wrong for us. Kenny Hatfield, with those Apollo 13 headphones on, finally got fed up with everybody talking at once and a threw a screaming fit. It was caught on camera him cussing (GD and MF were quite easy to lip read) and slinging his headphones off telling everyone else to shut up.

Most coaches have their moments.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: LZH on January 27, 2017, 12:19:49 pm
I used to like you but now I don't, but I probably will again in the very near future.

I think you are wrong, but then you may be right.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ChitownHawg on January 27, 2017, 01:08:25 pm
I think you are wrong, but then you may be right.  ;)

You know, I think there may be a song in there somewhere...
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

MuskogeeHogFan

No, but I did for smoke draws on 3rd and 8 and for not throwing a play action slant to the TE.
Go Hogs Go!

Al Boarland

It's good to know help is on the way with this stud D-line class we are bringing in this cycle. Depth should be good for a while.

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: Terryproy on January 19, 2017, 11:58:02 pm
The Hogs will be vastly improved on Offense and defense. Williams and Whaley will both gain 1200 yards and the defense will be the best in the SEC West. Whaley is about to explode, look out.

It wouldn't surprise me to see sharp improvement.  Could be Atlanta bound.

farmhawg

At least an eleven win season. Book it.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

ricepig

LZH

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 27, 2017, 01:13:04 pm
You know, I think there may be a song in there somewhere...

Glass houses and all that.....

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Al Boarland on January 27, 2017, 05:39:52 pm
It's good to know help is on the way with this stud D-line class we are bringing in this cycle. Depth should be good for a while.
Do I detect sarcasm?
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

LZH

farmhawg

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2017, 07:46:47 pm
15, quit sandbagging.
12, I'm going for 12 with all the improvements.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

SkeeterHawg

Quote from: farmhawg on January 27, 2017, 09:52:10 pm
12, I'm going for 12 with all the improvements.

I'm going for 15... for the maximum age of most of the posters in this thread.

farmhawg

That hurts! From a guy named skeeter nonetheless.....
From theflyinghog

jgphillips3

Quote from: SkeeterHawg on January 27, 2017, 09:57:46 pm
I'm going for 15... for the maximum age of most of the posters in this thread.

Good lord, do you know how many 8 year olds posting in this thread it would take to get the average age of the posters in this thread to the teens?  I think you are confusing senility with immaturity.  (Now that I'm much closer to the former than the later, it's okay for me to say that.  Don't want to trigger anyone to run to their safe spaces.)

ChitownHawg

Quote from: LZH on January 27, 2017, 07:55:04 pm
Glass houses and all that.....

I live in Chicago, too many bullets flying around to live in a glass house.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

TheEnemy

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 20, 2017, 08:39:50 am
4-3 Defense
DT - Capps, Guidry, Jackson, Marshall, Smith, Watts
DE - Agim, Beanum, Roesler, Taylor
LB - Eugene, Fisher, Harris, Jean-Baptiste, LaFrance, Ramsey, Walker + walk-ons

I don't know how to divide the 10 defensive linemen between tackle and end. If Arkansas changes to a 3-4, some of the tackles above will be ends. If the Razorbacks go to the 3-4, they will be well set for the spring. In the 4-3, they might be a little light on ends.

I'll take a shot at it

3-4 Defense

DT:

--Jackson - predominately traditional 2 gap tackle

DE:

--Daytrieon Dean

--Jonathan Marshall

--Arman Watts

--TJ Smith

Hybrid DL:

--Sosa Agim---DE mostly but could slide in to DT as a 1 gap DT as needed

--Austin Capps---Could play 2 gap or 1 gap DT and DE as needed

--Briston Guidry---Could play 1 gap DT and DE as needed

Rush LB:

--Randy Ramsey

--Michael Taylor

--Karl Roesler

--Brandon Deprato

--Elias Hale

Inside LB

--De'Jon Harris

--Josh Harris

--Giovanni Lafrance

Outside LB

--Dre Greenlaw

--Dee Walker

--Grant Morgan

--Ben Brausell

Could play Inside or Outside Linebacker:

--Dwayne Eugene

--Alexy Jean-Baptiste

--Tyler Phillips

Note:  Order of players does not indicate rank at that position.