Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kelley as the real #2?

Started by Porked Tongue, August 20, 2016, 05:14:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlhogfan1

As far as Kelley, it appears the coaches believe he may have the "it" factor.  We have discussed this with qb's especially with BA through the first half of last season.  It seemed to click in during the AU win last season.  Perhaps Kelley is another Phillip Rivers.  Rivers wasn't an elite qb recruit out Alabama yet started 4 seasons at NC St after Bama and AU didn't pursue him as a qb.  We end up with Kelley out of LSU's backyard and if we RS Kelley, we may end up with a 3 yr starter after AA.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hawgsalot

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on August 22, 2016, 09:44:50 am
#1 Austin
#2 Ty
#3 Cole (redshirt barring injury)

This will all be made clear in the next couple of days.

Time to get ready for LaTech!

After watching a few practices this last week I would say your right but I will also say this,  if Austin goes down and will be out very long Ty better be real good in the game because that leash will be so short it's not funny.  If you have seen practices there is zero doubt who the next QB at AR is and he will  not disappoint.  Unreal arm, poise and stature.

hog.goblin

1) AA
2) RP if he's healthy
3) Ty if RP isn't healthy
4) CK will red shirt and be the likely number two next year

PorkSoda

I doubt Kelly is the real #2 right now.  but he may be the one that takes over the reigns when AA graduates.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

longpig

Quote from: hobhog on August 21, 2016, 07:05:23 pm
Why do you answer questions with questions Dean Weber?

AllEn, StorEy, PeavEy, KellEy.   next to last letter in all of em's name is an e (strange, I know), 3 ey and 1 en.

You're welcome.
Don't be scared, be smart.

yraciv

Quote from: ricepig on August 20, 2016, 06:59:16 pm
What are Bama fans thinking if a freshman starts?

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/report-freshman-qb-outshines-rest-alabamas-second-scrimmage/

I'm stunned that Blake Barnett is struggling so much. That guy was the Elite 11 MVP and consistently rated the 1st or 2nd QB in that class.

younghog

#1 Austin
#2 Ty

Exactly.. GO HOGS
GO HOGS

longpig

August 22, 2016, 01:28:45 pm #157 Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 01:50:08 pm by longpig
Quote from: ricepig on August 21, 2016, 09:15:56 am
Barring an injury to AA, Kelley won't play this year, IMO.

No doubt, it'd be silly to burn his redshirt unnecessarily.  I just think he'll be made the backup to keep his learning curve steep.   Appears the other's have flattened.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Atlhogfan1

Haven't read the thread.  Is Rafe's injury something that is going to be chronic? 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 20, 2016, 05:18:27 pm
No kidding. Red shirting a #2 doesn't make sense. I don't remember ever hearing of that happening.
Really? Never?
Maybe watch some college football. Happens all the time when frosh or soph players earn the #2. You can pull the red shirt off in the middle of a game.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

snoblind

Quote from: ricepig on August 22, 2016, 07:24:14 am
Or maybe question the system/service that rates these players?? As has been said numerous times, it's a different game with SEC speed and size in all 22 positions on the field. I'm for all of them, they're Razorbacks.

Geez Rice, you just doomed us to page long diatribes arguing how the star system is legit.

ur

Kelley is the second best QB on campus.
RS this year, #2 next year, Starter for 3 years after. Poss just two if he goes pro. His height and arm are Pro.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: ur on August 22, 2016, 01:38:32 pm
Kelley is the second best QB on campus.
RS this year, #2 next year, Starter for 3 years after. Poss just two if he goes pro. His height and arm are Pro.

This except for being so sure CK is the 2nd best.

For years our redshirt program was a laughingstock.

We finally have good depth, and people are wanting True Freshmen to simply have it stripped so they can have a few meaningless snaps every other game.

Unreal.

IF CK is a cut above the others and AA is going to be out over a stretch that we will lose without his services....Fine.
If we can't win even with CK, keep the shirt on I say.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Inhogswetrust

August 22, 2016, 02:00:29 pm #163 Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 02:13:18 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on August 21, 2016, 08:24:42 pm
I don't know his motives, but possibly not.

Someone meant to start a thread titled:
I just saw Steven Hill.

Instead it was:
I just Steven Hill

With that being the thread's title, it was an immediate eye sore.
The thread within about 5 posts became a pages long work of fantastic absurdity.

This is how I remember it at least.

Exactly. Almost as absurd as worrying about a redshirt or not before the season starts for any position. I'd bet on most teams by the end of the season a second team player plays at least some for almost all positions. It might be only a few plays or it might be most of the season.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Three and Snout

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on August 22, 2016, 01:29:51 pm
Haven't read the thread.  Is Rafe's injury something that is going to be chronic?

Won't matter.  He's gone.

PonderinHog

Hogberry Snortcake

PonderinHog

hogsanity

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 22, 2016, 02:28:32 pm
I missed that bit of news.

apparently everyone else here did too, or my guess is we would have had a thread or 100 about it.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PonderinHog

#1 Austin
#2 Ty

Quote from: hogsanity on August 22, 2016, 02:32:46 pm
apparently everyone else here did too, or my guess is we would have had a thread or 100 about it.
This might have been a hint.

Diamond Dave

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 22, 2016, 02:28:32 pm
I missed that bit of news.

Don't think it has been announced if true.  He was held out of the scrimmage and maybe if you want to read between the lines with Bielema's comments... 

hogsanity

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on August 22, 2016, 02:36:53 pm
Don't think it has been announced if true.  He was held out of the scrimmage and maybe if you want to read between the lines with Bielema's comments... 

I will say, as a work in total for the fall camp, it is not a far fetched rumor. 3 weeks ago he was the #2 guy, then 2 weeks ago ts was pushing him, then a week or so ago Enos says we have no #2, and ts, ck, and rp are all in the mix, then late last week reports start coming out that CK was seriously pushing for the #2 spot with TS right there, no real mention of rp, then Sat Rp does not even dress for the scrimmage.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

OutlawHawg

Where does Ricky Town factor in?

FANONTHEHILL

Wait for a press conference.  That's all I can say at this point. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

PonderinHog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on August 22, 2016, 02:44:44 pm
4:00 PM ???

+1, Snout.

King Kong

Quote from: OutlawHawg on August 22, 2016, 02:43:56 pm

Apparently, he just moved up to 4th on the depth chart.

ricepig

There was one in LR today, nothing mentioned there.

PonderinHog

Quote from: King Kong on August 22, 2016, 02:47:51 pm
Apparently, he just moved up to 4th on the depth chart.
Or 3rd...   ;)

supersaint

These revelations are muy intredasting!!!!
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: ricepig on August 22, 2016, 02:48:49 pm
[/quoted hat
Quote from: ricepig on August 22, 2016, 02:48:49 pm

That was LR Touchdiwn Club.  This afternoon at the Football Center.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

DiamondHogFan

He doesn't right now.  I believe CBB said he was working with the developmental team, which would put him in last in the QB race.  And if Kelley is as he appears (going by what others say, haven't seen him myself), then Town will have a very hard time getting serious PT in his 4 years here.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Three and Snout on August 22, 2016, 02:21:26 pm
He quit over the weekend.

Quit? I had him on the top of my pre-spring most likely quarterback to transfer list, but quit? I'm all ears.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

supersaint

Quote from: Three and Snout on August 22, 2016, 02:21:26 pm
He quit over the weekend.

There are many reasons to quit, but a weekend is a dumb reason to quit.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

PonderinHog

Quote from: supersaint on August 22, 2016, 05:08:36 pm
Turrible reason, Chuck.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: supersaint on August 22, 2016, 05:08:36 pm

ur

San Diego State if he is smart. I don't see him getting any pt here. Just doesn't sound like a good fit so far.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: hawgsalot on August 22, 2016, 12:33:15 pm
After watching a few practices this last week I would say your right but I will also say this,  if Austin goes down and will be out very long Ty better be real good in the game because that leash will be so short it's not funny.  If you have seen practices there is zero doubt who the next QB at AR is and he will  not disappoint.  Unreal arm, poise and stature.

correct on all points

BPsTheMan

Quote from: hog.goblin on August 22, 2016, 01:02:40 pm
1) AA
2) RP if he's healthy
3) Ty if RP isn't healthy
4) CK will red shirt and be the likely number two next year

don't think so sir

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ur on August 22, 2016, 05:34:52 pm
San Diego State if he is smart. I don't see him getting any pt here. Just doesn't sound like a good fit so far.

Wasn't one of the conditions for accepting his transfer here, that there wouldn't be a release to another P-5/G-5 team if he chose to leave here as well? I can't remember for sure, but there were certainly conditions attached to him being allowed to come here.
Go Hogs Go!

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on August 22, 2016, 01:29:51 pm

Rafe does not see pass progression

sorry, someone had to say it

BPsTheMan

we want to keep every QB we've got left - Ricky Town is a great talent even if he's our number four right now

swineology

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on August 22, 2016, 05:58:24 pm

we want to keep every QB we've got left - Ricky Town is a great talent even if he's our number four right now

By reading Hogville last season it was Rafe #1, Town #2
WTH is going on???

hog.goblin

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on August 22, 2016, 05:50:16 pm

don't think so sir

I think I'll be right unless I'm wrong.  I'll also be wrong if Rafe is gone. 

I hope that isn't the case.  I like having all the competition at QB that we can get.

theFlyingHog

Today? Tomorrow? February?