Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Dan Enos heading to Michigan

Started by BR, January 05, 2018, 01:13:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

Just saw on internet Coach Enos will be hired at Michigan

Enos will reportedly join the Michigan staff, according to Sports Illustrated's Bruce Feldman. Enos has a ton of experience in the state, as he served as the head coach at Central Michigan from 2010-14 as well as serving as a Michigan State assistant. The former Razorbacks offensive coordinator also played quarterback at Michigan State.
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

hogcards

He'll be the head coach there in 2019.  I'm happy for him.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

King Kong

Reduce another buyout and Mich got a good coach

iHog

We have had an excellent staff just not the right head coach. Many on the previous staff have moved on to equal or better positions.

Wildhog

Happy for him.  He's a great OC/QB coach.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

IronHog

Hope they have a better OL coach

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Uncle Remus

I'm starting to think that the only person better at pumping up a fanbase's level of expectations and failing to deliver more often that the previous regime is a man named Jim Harbaugh.

jackflash

Wildhog

Quote from: IronHog on January 05, 2018, 01:18:25 pm
Hope they have a better OL coach

They did with Greg Frey.  Now it looks like he's going to FSU.

Frey is who I wanted us to hire after Pittman left.  Michigan hired him from Indiana after last year.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawgzinbowlz

Thanks for your time here coach.  Good luck. "GO HOGS"

greenie

AandB

FANONTHEHILL

If they take the reins off Enos and let him do what he wants, Michigan will be the better for it.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

DuckTalesLOL

He's rumored to be the QB coach.

I wasn't a fan of him as our OC, but he can develop a QB at least.

ATU HOG

Enos was the primary reason we were able to have some success here.  Dude is a great play caller and can find the one on one match-ups throughout games.  Great hire by Michigan.  Hopefully they bump him to OC very soon.

deedster84

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on January 05, 2018, 01:47:14 pm
He's rumored to be the QB coach.

I wasn't a fan of him as our OC, but he can develop a QB at least.

I've heard Harbaugh likes to handle the QBs.

thebignasty

Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Dropkick

IronHog

Quote from: ATU HOG on January 05, 2018, 01:52:54 pm
Enos was the primary reason we were able to have some success here.  Dude is a great play caller and can find the one on one match-ups throughout games.  Great hire by Michigan.  Hopefully they bump him to OC very soon.

Offense melted down plenty

He oversaw that OL disaster too

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

ShadowTheHedgehog

Good for him (and for us) I did not want Enos in the SEC.

870hogfan

Quote from: IronHog on January 05, 2018, 02:23:46 pm

He's a very good OC and will be good for Michigan

IronHog

Quote from: 870hogfan on January 05, 2018, 02:28:34 pm

He's a very good OC and will be good for Michigan

If you say so

5 turnovers in less than 30 plays vs Vir tech ain't defense though

BOAR_N2BWILD

Best of luck to him. Sorry that he has to work for such a whine-bag jerk like Hairball.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Hogwild

Quote from: thebignasty on January 05, 2018, 02:13:38 pm
Glad hes not at LSU

was coming to post that- win,win for us.   Reduces buyout money and gets him out of the SEC

Hogindasticks

Watch his play calling....>I would bet hard cold cash that the plays will be called differently than they were here.....if they aren't he won't be there long.

010HogFan

I guess I was never as enamored with him as a lot of people were. I think he was decent, and could be pretty good at times, but wildly inconsistent from one game to the next. A perfectly called game would oftentimes be followed up with one filled with headscratching play calls, especially once we got inside the 10 yd. line. No telling how much of this was Bret's doing. Out of everything, I think he was the best at developing QBs. He represented us well, so I'm rooting for him to do well.

Ex-Trumpet

I for one, will never blame Enos for the OL struggles.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

IronHog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on January 05, 2018, 02:58:53 pm
I for one, will never blame Enos for the OL struggles.

He is the offensive coordinator

WaltonCollege

Enos was the reason we won any games the past three 2 years. He failed to patch together a better line this year but that is on Bielema and Anderson too of course.Enos put the team on his back. Ever since the 2015 LSU game 31-14 win. After that we lost 53-52 to Miss State and the wheels officially fell off our defense. We haven't been able to stop a nose bleed since, it's like we literally stopped playing defense after that game and the last 2 years our d goes to fast lanes instead of practice and plays laser tag. Good for Enos wish him well.

RME

Quote from: 010HogFan on January 05, 2018, 02:48:26 pm
I guess I was never as enamored with him as a lot of people were. I think he was decent, and could be pretty good at times, but wildly inconsistent from one game to the next. A perfectly called game would oftentimes be followed up with one filled with headscratching play calls, especially once we got inside the 10 yd. line. No telling how much of this was Bret's doing. Out of everything, I think he was the best at developing QBs. He represented us well, so I'm rooting for him to do well.

I was about to say, I see where you're coming from for sure. But I do think Bret had such a tight grip on everything that he didn't allow his assistants to just let it fly. I think Enos was great but Bret wouldn't relinquish enough control.

Of course, I'm probably completely wrong. But the more that went on, the more I felt Bielema had such an ego that he couldn't let others have it their way.

FutureMan

Great hire by Michigan, Enos will do well there.  I'm happy for us too because we don't have to play him every year; which illustrates the level of respect I have for him.  Good luck CDE.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: WaltonCollege on January 05, 2018, 03:21:24 pm
Enos was the reason we won any games the past three 2 years. He failed to patch together a better line this year but that is on Bielema and Anderson too of course.Enos put the team on his back. Ever since the 2015 LSU game 31-14 win. After that we lost 53-52 to Miss State and the wheels officially fell off our defense. We haven't been able to stop a nose bleed since, it's like we literally stopped playing defense after that game and the last 2 years our d goes to fast lanes instead of practice and plays laser tag. Good for Enos wish him well.

Wasn't hard to play defense against LSU.  They effectively didn't field a QB.  Pretty easy to look good defensively when you don't have to defend the pass.

That said, Enos did a pretty good job with the limitations.  I still don't believe BB ever committed to his offensive philosophy.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

RazorWest

I'd take Chaney and Pittman (in the natty this year) to Enos and Anderson any day

hawganatic

Quote from: IronHog on January 05, 2018, 02:39:43 pm

If you say so

5 turnovers in less than 30 plays vs Vir tech ain't defense though

Turnovers are on the players, not the OC.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: RazorWest on January 05, 2018, 03:30:01 pm
I'd take Chaney and Pittman (in the natty this year) to Enos and Anderson any day

I would take UGA's talent first.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

IronHog

Quote from: hawganatic on January 05, 2018, 03:30:30 pm
Turnovers are on the players, not the OC.

Not throwing with a big lead like that

WaltonCollege

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 05, 2018, 03:29:00 pm
Wasn't hard to play defense against LSU.  They effectively didn't field a QB.  Pretty easy to look good defensively when you don't have to defend the pass.

Right but we still held them to 14 and they have 4 and 5 stars all over the fleid. Still a good feat, more than most did v them.

IronHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 05, 2018, 03:29:00 pm

That said, Enos did a pretty good job with the limitations.  I still don't believe BB ever committed to his offensive philosophy.

LSU still doesn't have a QB

Beat the snot out of ND and got beat on the board

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

IronHog

Quote from: Kevin on January 05, 2018, 03:33:41 pm
does it save us money

Why y'all so obsessed with money?

Money is the least of UA athletics concerns

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: IronHog on January 05, 2018, 03:33:27 pm

LSU still doesn't have a QB

Beat the snot out of ND and got beat on the board

They only managed, what, 13 points against ND?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: WaltonCollege on January 05, 2018, 03:32:11 pm
Right but we still held them to 14 and they have 4 and 5 stars all over the fleid. Still a good feat, more than most did v them.

All those stars largely get neutered without a passing game.  It's also why we thought we were so great on defense after the bowl game against TX.  Talk about a team that didn't field a QB. 

IronHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 05, 2018, 03:36:03 pm
They only managed, what, 13 points against ND?

Played most of the game inside the ND 10

Coach O is very HDN in his approach to the game

IronHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 05, 2018, 03:37:38 pm
All those stars largely get neutered without a passing game.  It's also why we thought we were so great on defense after the bowl game against TX.  Talk about a team that didn't field a QB. 

That was a good defense

Spaight was the best backer in the SEC.  BB got one season out of him

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: IronHog on January 05, 2018, 03:39:00 pm

That was a good defense

Spaight was the best backer in the SEC.  BB got one season out of him

Agree 2014 was a good D, but that game made them look much better than it really was.  Fast forward to 2015, and all the departures, and so many were just dumpfounded that it wasn't good anymore.  Irony.

Talent trumps all.  We had it in 2014, and it reflected on the field.  We haven't since, and the coaching terminations commenced...staring with the DC.  Talent is king.

IronHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 05, 2018, 03:42:33 pm
Agree 2014 was a good D, but that game made them look much better than it really was.  Fast forward to 2015, and all the departures, and so many were just dumpfounded that it wasn't good anymore.  Irony.

Talent trumps all.  We had it in 2014, and it reflected on the field.  We haven't since, and the coaching terminations commenced...staring with the DC.  Talent is king.

They underperformed their talent in 2017

Not saying they were world beaters but good grief

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: IronHog on January 05, 2018, 03:45:55 pm

They underperformed their talent in 2017

Not saying they were world beaters but good grief

Maybe, which is ironic, because Rhodes was supposed to be far suprior to Smith.  Maybe the growing pains of transitioning to the 34 didn't help.

IronHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 05, 2018, 03:47:14 pm
Maybe, which is ironic, because Rhodes was supposed to be far suprior to Smith.  Maybe the growing pains of transitioning to the 34 didn't help.

3-4 was a BS move

redeye

Quote from: iHog on January 05, 2018, 01:16:02 pm
We have had an excellent staff just not the right head coach. Many on the previous staff have moved on to equal or better positions.

I think there's a lot of truth to this.