Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If it isn't rhoads,who do u want?

Started by Huds_HawgTide, January 10, 2017, 01:44:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Huds_HawgTide

The title says it all...if rhoads doesn't get promoted who do u want! Any other coaches u would like to see added and or gone? I for one would take partridge over segrest
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

code red

IDC as long as he can recruit some stud LB's
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Huds_HawgTide

Lol sounds like the typical answer over in the recruiting forum
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

sickboy

Honestly, unless we can steal away some huge get... then I don't see any scenario where promoting Rhoads isn't the best choice. Just having someone who already knows the players and has a language with these guys is going to put us so much further ahead of the eight-ball that it's worth it, in my opinion, to promote within.

code red

Quote from: sickboy on January 10, 2017, 01:53:40 pm
Honestly, unless we can steal away some huge get... then I don't see any scenario where promoting Rhoads isn't the best choice. Just having someone who already knows the players and has a language with these guys is going to put us so much further ahead of the eight-ball that it's worth it, in my opinion, to promote within.
Maybe....I'd like to see someone who is proven in the SEC. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

RazorPiggie

Quote from: code red on January 10, 2017, 01:58:46 pm
Maybe....I'd like to see someone who is proven in the SEC. 

Who'd that be?

Huds_HawgTide

I'm good with rhoads...if it isn't him needs to be a homer in and guarantees us Calloway and one or two more special defensive players
tommy boy

LRHawg

Huds_HawgTide

tommy boy

RazorPiggie

Quote from: elviscat on January 10, 2017, 02:04:10 pm
Bret Venables.

Will never happen. Would be step down. Who else? and lets be reasonable?

RazorPiggie

Pork Twain

One thing about Hogville that you can always count on is nobody wants who we are getting, but they also do not know anyone that would for sure be better.  I think PR is a solid, not HR hire but I do not think there are many HR hires out there and very few that would come here without it being a major step down for them.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

mizzouman

If a call isn't made to Coach Kul, at least for an interview, then there is something wrong with BB.

Hawgboy64

I don't care who.
I want someone that can teach fundamentally sound tackling.
How to get off blocks.
How to cover WR's.
Someone that teaches and get his players to play sound assignment football.
Last but not least, someone that can put opposing QB's on their backsides.
I can understand getting beat by superior talent but, it pisses me off every time we lose because we can't do the basics.

"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

Huds_HawgTide

You offensive pplnpractice breaking tackles right
tommy boy

code red

Quote from: Hawgboy64 on January 10, 2017, 02:29:49 pm
I don't care who.
I want someone that can teach fundamentally sound tackling.
How to get off blocks.
How to cover WR's.
Someone that teaches and get his players to play sound assignment football.
Last but not least, someone that can put opposing QB's on their backsides.
I can understand getting beat by superior talent but, it pisses me off every time we lose because we can't do the basics.

I support that 100% and I would add....someone that would inject a little freaking emotion....Like Reggie Herring used to do.

Huds_HawgTide

You can be a sound tackling team but only the offensive player knows what he is going to do I th No u want them to predict where they are gonna nuke and when they spin or jump or dive or stop on a dime...tackling isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be...some games yes but tackling is half effort and half technique we mostly lacked effort this yr in games we got down quick or when other teams came storming back
tommy boy

ATLHog

Quote from: elviscat on January 10, 2017, 02:04:10 pm
Bret Venables.
His next move will be head coach. I still think Partridge might be good. Nick Howell (Virginia) is under the radar but no idea if he has any Bielema ties-

code red

Hawgboy64

Great defenses don't give up a lot of yards after contact.
I'm just tired of seeing so much shoulder tackling.

ATLHog

Wonder if Hogs could steal Pete Kwiatkowski from Washington or Morgan Scalley from Utah?

The Boar War

Big Boi

Do most think our coaches don't teach tackling? Or is it other coaches have new, state of the art, top secret drills? People can either tackle or they cant. They either apply the techniques or they don't. Its all pretty basic from High School on. If the answer was as simple as coaching, NFL players would never miss a tackle.

Sportster365

Why is the UA kicking the can down the road on this?

And who honestly thinks changing DC is going to make a real difference?

We've had 4 different coordinators in 4 years and the end results have still been the same.

Big Boi

If you're short on talent, you must compensate via scheme. Robb runs a very basic D. We need a Joe Lee Dunn type, who can put our few play makers in better spots.

sickboy

Quote from: Sportster365 on January 10, 2017, 02:56:33 pm

We've had 4 different coordinators in 4 years and the end results have still been the same.

I think you're confused. We had Chris Ash one year and Robb Smith for three years.

Sportster365

Quote from: sickboy on January 10, 2017, 03:03:16 pm
I think you're confused. We had Chris Ash one year and Robb Smith for three years.

We also had Chaney and now Enos. Different philosophies, same song.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: sickboy on January 10, 2017, 01:53:40 pm

I agree.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hawgboy64

Quote from: Big Boi on January 10, 2017, 02:55:21 pm
Do most think our coaches don't teach tackling? Or is it other coaches have new, state of the art, top secret drills? People can either tackle or they cant. They either apply the techniques or they don't. Its all pretty basic from High School on. If the answer was as simple as coaching, NFL players would never miss a tackle.
No, I don't think they spent much time on technique.
I don't see where we have been fundamentally sound for a while.
Yes, I believe better effort and better fundamentals would make a huge difference.
I also don't believe one player should be guaranteed anything, make them fight for everything.
People may not like it but, we have played way to soft on the Def side for years and need a tougher mindset.

hogman99

Hawghiggs

I would like Rhoades. He has plenty of experience as a DC.

King Kong

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.

King Kong

Quote from: Sportster365 on January 10, 2017, 03:13:39 pm
We also had Chaney and now Enos. Different philosophies, same song.

Actually, Chaney and Enos same philosophy different results.

Hollywood870

Our knowledge of Defensive Coordinators seems to be lacking here. Me included in that. Did you guys know that LSU gave up the least amount of TD's in the nation? Of course Bama played a couple more games.

Big Boi

Quote from: Hawghiggs on January 10, 2017, 03:51:04 pm
Honestly he would be the most accomplished D coordinator since Kines. 

Big Boi

Quote from: Hawghiggs on January 10, 2017, 03:51:04 pm
Honestly he would be the most accomplished D coordinator since Kines.

Hollywood870

Quote from: Big Boi on January 10, 2017, 03:02:19 pm
If you're short on talent, you must compensate via scheme. Robb runs a very basic D. We need a Joe Lee Dunn type, who can put our few play makers in better spots.
I agree with this. We cant just line up in a base 4-3 or Nickle all game. Do you see what happens Larry? Do you see what happens?

LZH

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

The Great Hambino

Sportster365

January 10, 2017, 04:47:35 pm #42 Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 05:30:14 pm by Sportster365
Quote from: King Kong on January 10, 2017, 04:17:26 pm
Actually, Chaney and Enos same philosophy different results.

One likes the spread offense the other pro style.

Chaney's history of running spread offenses were one of the biggest reasons many were questioning how he and Bielema's ground and pound game would mesh.

Regular season record for the past 4 years
7-5 - Enos
7-5 - Enos
6-6 - Chaney
3-9 - Chaney

not a lot of difference there

sickboy

Quote from: Sportster365 on January 10, 2017, 04:47:35 pm

Chaney's history of running spread offenses were one of the biggest reasons many were questioning how he and Bielema's ground and pound game would mesh.

7-5 - Enos
7-5 - Enos
6-6 - Chaney
3-9 - Chaney

I think I'm telling you something you already know... but wins and losses are more nuanced than who your offensive coordinator is. The same goes for defensive coordinator.

Your gripe is clearly Bielema, because what you're trying to say is that it doesn't matter who our coordinators are -- we're going to have the same results as long as the HC is the same. You're just saying it in a strange way.

Tick Hog

King Kong

Quote from: Sportster365 on January 10, 2017, 04:47:35 pm

7-5 - Enos
7-5 - Enos
6-6 - Chaney
3-9 - Chaney

First 14-10 is better than 9-15. Second we lead the SEC in scoring in conference games.

And Chaney has run pro style at UT, here and now a UGA. Not sure how his spread offense from 1999 is relevant to his time here

jkstock04

99% of our fan base think it will make a huge difference.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

deedster84

When you start daydreaming of who our next DC will be remember the schemes they run. We'll be going to a 3-4 so we need someone with experience running that.

trphog

26.2Hog

Bret Bielema?