Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I missed something.....

Started by arkfanchip, February 08, 2018, 10:57:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arkfanchip

I have seen this #boothogs all over the place. What the heck does it mean and where did it come from?

NuttinItUp

"Boot Hogs" is meant to indicate players from Louisiana that come to play at Arkansas.  (The shape of Louisiana is a boot.)

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/success-boot-hogs-continues-help-arkansas-sales-pitch-louisiana-recruits

rljjr

They are Hogs who are from Louisiana.

arkfanchip

HogFoo

easier explanation... we play for the golden "boot'' when we play LSU.  so the coaches gave the guys from Louisiana the nickname "boothogs"
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

DeltaBoy

Love all of our CA players from Louisiana.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

LZH

Yeah, keep up buddy....(I didn't know either).

East TN HAWG

LZH

Quote from: East TN HAWG on February 09, 2018, 05:54:52 pm
That pic should be your avatar.  It's awesome.  +1

Yours ain't bad either, cuz.