Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

After Next Year

Started by RazorPiggie, March 16, 2018, 10:07:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorPiggie

Say we miss the tournament next year, what do we do with CMA

Edit. We will be really young next year. Do we keep him around after next year without an NCAAT appearance.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 16, 2018, 10:07:54 pm
Say we miss the tournament next year, what do we do with CMA?

Losing lots of productivity and will be really young.

10-12 year extension.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

BannerMountainMan

Won't be any seniors next year, and we add Justice Hill, so probably be a round of 32 team then..hopefully more
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

bkjbearcat

Here the thing with MA. Because he refuses to get in the mud a little to get top recruits it puts the Hogs behind the eight ball. That's fine for the, "He has a clean program/kids go to class crowd." But he doesn't have the X's and O's to compensate for his lack of want to in recruiting.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

hogwood

Say we miss the tournament next year, what do we do with CMA?

Losing lots of productivity and will be really young.

How would we be losing lots of productivity going into 19-20?

RazorPiggie

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 16, 2018, 10:12:04 pm
Won't be any seniors next year, and we add Justice Hill, so probably be a round of 32 team then..hopefully more

You think we're a round of 32 team next year?

RazorPiggie

Quote from: hogwood on March 16, 2018, 10:13:39 pm
How would we be losing lots of productivity going into 19-20?

Edited my OP.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 16, 2018, 10:13:49 pm
You think we're a round of 32 team next year?
the year after 😂
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

RazorPiggie

SooieGeneris

2018 basketball season = 2016 football season. Landing with a thud with a talented team that crapped the bed in the last two games.

Neither team was great in the regular season but had a chance to have a good season then ruined it with bonehead plays and playing as soft as a pillow when things got tough as they usually do in the postseason.

If there's no NCAA tournament next season, my response would be see ya' to the coaching staff..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

hogwood

What if we make it in as a 8-11 seed and lose the first round or weekend? The following season (19-20) would be experience laden and talented. Would you give him another year?

Maybe in 19-20 we can make a run. That's year 9. Year 10 would look really promising too. IMO we are stuck. Mike has been just good enough to wait and see what he can do next year. I think if the AD is going to fire Mike he is really going to have to have someone lined up or else it could be a bad move for him with some of the boosters.

logic

Say we miss the tournament next year, what do we do with CMA

Edit. We will be really young next year. Do we keep him around after next year without an NCAAT appearance.
Six seniors, two all SEC guards plus a future top 15 draft pick so Mike will never have a combination of more talent and experience than he has this year.  Therefore, although sometimes he might win a game or even two in the NCAAT, this year is the best we should  ever expect from Mike.  Mike is stuck in the past when the rules wasn't so heavily favoring the offense. 

hogwood

Quote from: logic on March 17, 2018, 12:02:00 pm
Six seniors, two all SEC guards plus a future top 15 draft pick so Mike will never have a combination of more talent and experience than he has this year.  Therefore, although sometimes he might win a game or even two in the NCAAT, this year is the best we should  ever expect from Mike.  Mike is stuck in the past when the rules wasn't so heavily favoring the offense.

I agree. I don't think we'll ever have a more talented roster on paper. 7 4*'s, one of which is bound to be a lottery pick if he returns next year. Next year we'll also have 7 4*'s, but less experience.

Rome26

Quote from: hogwood on March 18, 2018, 09:50:42 am
I agree. I don't think we'll ever have a more talented roster on paper. 7 4*'s, one of which is bound to be a lottery pick if he returns next year. Next year we'll also have 7 4*'s, but less experience.

You guys don't get it. This team wasn't that talented. You guys are overrating Macon, Barford and Gafford. Macon and Barford was good at shooting contested jump shots. Neither was great (Macon was ok) at breaking down their man and creating a good look for there teammates which is what this team needed. Gafford is a first rounder based on potential only. He's raw and will only get better but his production isn't why he's projected to go in the first round.

hobhog

Quote from: hogwood on March 17, 2018, 11:32:25 am
What if we make it in as a 8-11 seed and lose the first round or weekend? The following season (19-20) would be experience laden and talented. Would you give him another year?

Maybe in 19-20 we can make a run. That's year 9. Year 10 would look really promising too. IMO we are stuck. Mike has been just good enough to wait and see what he can do next year. I think if the AD is going to fire Mike he is really going to have to have someone lined up or else it could be a bad move for him with some of the boosters.

THIS year was loaded with talent. Why would you keep waiting for players to develop when he doesnt win with experienced players anyway?

hobhog

Quote from: Rome26 on March 18, 2018, 12:20:02 pm
You guys don't get it. This team wasn't that talented. You guys are overrating Macon, Barford and Gafford. Macon and Barford was good at shooting contested jump shots. Neither was great (Macon was ok) at breaking down their man and creating a good look for there teammates which is what this team needed. Gafford is a first rounder based on potential only. He's raw and will only get better but his production isn't why he's projected to go in the first round.

Totally disagree, but even if correct you just proved he can't put a team together after 7 years.

hobhog

Quote from: hogwood on March 17, 2018, 11:32:25 am

Great ADs find great coaches. Yurachek will have a big hire to make this time next year IMO.