Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Country on Cole Kelley

Started by HoggusMaximus, December 12, 2017, 08:27:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oldrazorband

Ebola wrote this. I won't click on it.

HoggusMaximus

doesn't really say much other than he would work since chad will have time to groom him.

JONAS

247Hog

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

hawaiianhogster

He looks negatively at things while I prefer to look at things positively. He never gives Morris any credit for anything he did his whole coaching career. The only time players excelled under Morris was either their senior year or after Morris left the program.  I really don't understand why he would write an article about how Kelly would fit in Morris offense when it is evident he doesn't think Morris is a good offensive coach.

The Hawg Marshal

VirginiaHog

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on December 12, 2017, 09:12:57 pm
He looks negatively at things while I prefer to look at things positively. He never gives Morris any credit for anything he did his whole coaching career. The only time players excelled under Morris was either their senior year or after Morris left the program.  I really don't understand why he would write an article about how Kelly would fit in Morris offense when it is evident he doesn't think Morris is a good offensive coach.
Wow. I did not get that from this article at all. What I read is Morris' qb at SMU was not a dual threat and that Kelley is a good qb.  1+1= Kelley fitting into Morris' system

Paul

I think it's an informative & unbiased article

GoPigs69

I don't read his crap. I have unsubscribed from that crap that they try and push as actual journalism.

He constantly tries to disguise his ill-informed opinions as facts. He is the worst.

cjack

Most of his articles are crap, but I'm glad I read this one. I've been wondering if we truly needed a dual that qb under Morris. The one game I watched, the quarterback didn't run much.

So he listed the stats I didn't look up.  The short answer is no, the quarterback doesn't run in a Chad Morris offense. 
Woooo Pig Soooie!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on December 12, 2017, 08:31:35 pm
doesn't really say much other than he would work since chad will have time to groom him.

No it say's that Morris and his Current OC don't run QB's very much, and that Kelley fits into Morris' system very well...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

MissippHog

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on December 12, 2017, 08:31:35 pm
Quote from: oldrazorband on December 12, 2017, 08:30:10 pm

Bacons Rebellion

One of Bolin's better efforts. Likely that is because it doesn't say much.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on December 13, 2017, 06:28:38 am
One of Bolin's better efforts. Likely that is because it doesn't say much.

He never does say anything of substance.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

CountryBoar

Quote from: GoPigs69 on December 12, 2017, 10:19:44 pm
I don't read his crap. I have unsubscribed from that crap that they try and push as actual journalism.

He constantly tries to disguise his ill-informed opinions as facts. He is the worst.

Yep, I unfollowed SEC Country on FB too. And I follow plenty of crap. Total. Trash.

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

GuvHog

Quote from: GoPigs69 on December 12, 2017, 10:19:44 pm

This time though, he's right. Kelly will fit very well into the Chad Morris offense because Chad uses pro style passing QBs.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

code red

That boy never played a down in his life.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

nwahogfan1

I think Morris will run an offense and call plays that fits the QB and talent.  I do hope we have a QB on campus who can be more of a dual threat so Morris can put in a Wild hog package and some RPO plays.  That package is very exciting to me.  But whatever he runs if it moves the chains, keeps the ball away from the defense and scores points then we will love it.

rljjr

It's unfortunate they have two decent writers, but his constant, relentless negativity overrides all that to make them the worst and least reliable organization out there.

theFlyingHog

jackflash

just his opinion doesn't mean a thing. I believe Kelly has a chance to do well with this offense. Will have to improve his passing.

DeltaBoy

The Steamboat will sail on this year leading the Hogs to a few more wins.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jdelo77

He needs to work on his footwork and release ,  he can be a good QB if he can get those fixed ..

Atlhogfan1

The reactions to EBs work is an example of why the Arkansas media is homerish and soft.   Small southern market though so it's to be expected. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HoggieStyle

Don't really care what the article says. If Morris can't make it happen with Kelley, then he's not the coach that all the rah-rah types have made him out to be.

And before any of you start yapping, I hope that he can.

bphi11ips

Quote from: VirginiaHog on December 12, 2017, 09:41:17 pm
Wow. I did not get that from this article at all. What I read is Morris' qb at SMU was not a dual threat and that Kelley is a good qb.  1+1= Kelley fitting into Morris' system

Pretty much what I got also.

There's a lot of misconception in Bolin's article. Almost a reflection of the misconception seen on this board.

Tahj Boyd started 3 years at QB for Chad Morris at Clemson. Boyd was known for having one of the best deep balls in college football.  He passed for nearly 4,000 yards in each of the 3 years he started for Chad Morris. He ran for over 1,100 yards and rushed for 25 TDs. Morris had a 1,000 yard running back each of those three years.

Deshaun Watson was a true freshman the year Bolin mentions. He was not the starting QB for the year. He passed for a little over 1,000 yards and rushed for 200 yards and 5 TDs.

So, does Cole Kelley fit the CM offense at Clemson?  Put SMU aside given that Arkansas will not face AAC defenses. The answer is maybe, but with a few differences.

Kelley's greatest strength when you look at what Morris did with Boyd is that Kelley is a threat to score with his feet in the red zone and in short yardage. Kelley lacks Boyd's speed but makes up for it in bulk. Kelley is deceptively fast, but he's not quick. He is a cross between Tim Tebo and Collin Klein and will work unless Morris finds someone better.

Kelley also has a huge arm like Boyd. Morris describes his offense as a run-based vertical spread.  That is exactly what it was under Boyd. It is not so much the RPOs as the threat the QB can take off and pick up a first down and that the offense has a back who can pick up 5 yards or more at anytime. That opens up the deep ball. It is why Morris needs vertical speed. Arkansas probably has the backs Morris needs but whether he has the vertical speed at WR is a question. If he does, Kelley's strength is the deep ball.

What Kelley has not shown is the ability to deliver the ball accurately in the slants, out routes and seams.  He has also shown a very slow release. Some of that is due to his size. How much he can improve is a question mark. It will take a lot of work.

When you look at everything, Kelley can be a very serviceable QB with Arkansas's current personnel in a system similar to the one Morris ran with Tajh Boyd, but it will need to be tailored to fit Kelley's strengths. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

rhog1

We really do need a warning for his links.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 13, 2017, 08:42:16 am
The reactions to EBs work is an example of why the Arkansas media is homerish and soft.   Small southern market though so it's to be expected.
His "work"? Lol. He's doesn't write news, he writes opinion piece clickbait. If this guy is "media" then I'm fu&$ing CIA and NASA combined

Dark Helmet Hog

Bolin is an absolute idiot. Can't even stomach to try and read it.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on December 13, 2017, 12:15:38 pm
Bolin is an absolute idiot. Can't even stomach to try and read it.

I don't always agree with Bolin. He's not a great journalist, but this particular article has nothing in it that anyone should find objectionable. It's relatively positive, just not very deep.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: bphi11ips on December 13, 2017, 12:18:21 pm
I don’t always agree with Bolin. He’s not a great journalist, but this particular article has nothing in it that anyone should find objectionable. It’s relatively positive, just not very deep.

You're probably right. Unfortunately, his past work can't escape him (in my eyes anyway).

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 13, 2017, 08:17:58 am
The Steamboat will sail on this year leading the Hogs to a few more wins.

COLE TRAIN..!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.