Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Senate Bill 724 Could Exempt Athletic Facilities from Concealed Carry

Started by gdumont, March 29, 2017, 11:07:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogcard1964

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 30, 2017, 02:16:44 pm
you havent figured out my trollin technique by now? i appear to melt but watch the others melt around me. My favorite is to make an obvious republitard ask for a safe space like dude above. He said I was racist against white people for saying redneck when I myself am white as ricepig over there.

You've melted.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 30, 2017, 02:18:23 pm
You've melted.
sure, not today though. not often. but when i melt i really do want to fight lol. You should have seen me at Varner and Brickey's. I've slapped a line cook with a serving tray for shaking the spoon on me. I have violent tendencies lol. Lots of people like me dont need to be packing on campus......
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

LAGNAF

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 30, 2017, 02:18:07 pm
these were EVERYWHERE> I was just there, damnit. http://www.safetysign.com/products/9460/texas-30-06-no-concealed-handguns-sign?s=skc1y5&gclid=Cj0KEQjw2fLGBRDopP-vg7PLgvsBEiQAUOnIXN0l5FRwmcilimqV4tA80k-NuY6YWNTGRjNJXbAqI24aAmla8P8HAQ

I live in College Station..... there are "safe zones" on campus as allowed by law, but concealed carry is legal on campus other than the safe zones and athletic events. Read the dang law.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 30, 2017, 02:19:18 pm
sure, not today though. not often. but when i melt i really do want to fight lol.

Make sure you C and C.   ;D

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

DeltaBoy

As a Gun owner, I don't want guns in or around sporting events. Prayers sent this corrective bill passes.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HawgTrough

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 30, 2017, 02:20:52 pm
As a Gun owner, I don't want guns in or around sporting events. Prayers sent this corrective bill passes.

very well stated
WPS

Pig in the Pokey

it's common sense , really.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 30, 2017, 02:20:43 pm
or MLK Taco bell

MLK is a lot closer, sounds good to me.  Tacos always go down better after a good round of fisticuffs anyway.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

Braden Jefferson

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 30, 2017, 01:32:48 pm
This issue is very useful for what I call "the dumbass test". If you support allowing guns at college sports games, you're officially a diagnosed dumbass.

Lol thank you.

I don't understand how anyone can logically think this would be beneficial to any person attending an event. You are in a stadium of 72,000 plus fans practically sitting on top of each other. What are the possibilities of an accident just by someone bumping into a CCW? A lot more likely than a terrorist showing up in the stadium! Also, consider another probability: what are the chances you are sitting next to a potential threat/shooter in 72,000+ people? If a gunshot goes off, how beneficial are you going to be shooting across sections/rows full of people that are trying to get out of the area? It would be absolute chaos and more damage would be done rather than prevention/damage control. I understand that most of the CC guys that are in support of this are most likely responsible CCW carriers. It's not you I'm concerned about. A cop called in to Out of Bounds yesterday and he summed it up perfectly. "For every one responsible person, there are 5 irresponsible idiots. That's why law enforcement and security exists in the first place. A police officer is not going to help someone do their taxes. Accountants do that. Security guards and law enforcement don't need a bunch of us carrying guns to help them do their job at sporting events." Well said sir. WPS

Cubbie08

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 30, 2017, 02:20:43 pm
or MLK Taco bell

It will always be the 6th street Taco Bell to me. Sad day when the old one burnt down.

ricepig

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on March 30, 2017, 02:01:58 pm
I believe the original law required an age of 21+ to carry on campus.

Actually it was 25, but was changed when they realized not everyone is on the 10 year plan.

HogFansReunited

Holy Crap, I agree with Delta.

Member #3568

Pig in the Pokey

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Cubbie08 on March 30, 2017, 02:22:14 pm
It will always be the 6th street Taco Bell to me. Sad day when the old one burnt down.
i almost called it that but said mlk so people would get it. it's 6th street to me, too. But i am from Austin originally  and 6th street is something i've said since i was a wee lad.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HogFansReunited on March 30, 2017, 02:21:45 pm
MLK is a lot closer, sounds good to me.  Tacos always go down better after a good round of fisticuffs anyway.
plus, there are always fights there so you can handle yo bizness and get out. Although, i'd never meet one of you concealed carry loons to fight lol. I aint allowed to pack, damnit!

PorkSoda

Quote from: ricepig on March 30, 2017, 02:22:15 pm
Actually it was 25, but was changed when they realized not everyone is on the 10 year plan.
LOL, now that's funny
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 30, 2017, 02:16:44 pm
you havent figured out my trollin technique by now? i appear to melt but watch the others melt around me. My favorite is to make an obvious republitard ask for a safe space like dude above. He said I was racist against white people for saying redneck when I myself am white as ricepig over there.

It's still a racist, derogatory term no matter who says it.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

Tell the cops that carry guns at sporting events that.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Peter Porker on March 30, 2017, 02:35:26 pm
It's still a racist, derogatory term no matter who says it.

There are rednecks who aren't white...just sayin.

Peter Porker

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 30, 2017, 02:38:34 pm
There are rednecks who aren't white...just sayin.

Sounds just like when people say, "there are good white people and good black people. there are also white people that are n*****s and black people that are n*****s." I've heard it a million times growing up. Doesn't make it right.

Ironhawg

a0ashle

Does the amendment do anything for tailgating or is it all about the stadium itself?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Peter Porker on March 30, 2017, 02:40:52 pm
Sounds just like when people say, "there are good white people and good black people. there are also white people that are n*****s and black people that are n*****s." I've heard it a million times growing up. Doesn't make it right.

Redneck isn't a racist term. It's a culturally insensitive term to some people but it isn't a racial slur. 

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 30, 2017, 02:24:50 pm
plus, there are always fights there so you can handle yo bizness and get out. Although, i'd never meet one of you concealed carry loons to fight lol. I aint allowed to pack, damnit!

I always carry but would never pull a weapon unless my life or my family was in danger.  I guess some people would think their life was in danger if they were in a fight but usually that isn't the case.

Member #3568